Non-League Football 2009/2010 Thread

hugobomb

Yeah, someone mentioned that Luton were allowed to stay in the FL thread because there wasn't a Non-League thread. So I have corrected that error. I will be once again following Worcester City in the Blue Square North/South (they should go back into the North thanks to 3 more southernly sides being relegated from the Blue Square National). Hoping for a far better performance than last year (16th). Main News today is Chester offering it four supporters assiociation seats on it's Directors board following it's buy out by the Vaughan family, involving ex owner Stephen Vaughan:

Chester plan to get fans on board

Chester City have offered seats on their board of directors to the club's four supporters' associations.

The relegated Blue Square Premier club came out of administration last week after a family buy-out involving previous owner Stephen Vaughan.

"When we came out of administration I stated that I wanted the supporters' involvement," said Vaughan, who stood down as City chairman in December 2007.

"Hopefully the fans will now take up this offer".

Each organisation will be asked for donations to help the team next season. And, if they accept, they will be invited onto the board with immediate effect.

The relegated club, who had their place in the Blue Square Premier confirmed at last weekend's annual Conference meeting, will start next season on minus 10 points after taking the end-of-season decision to go into administration.

Meanwhile, Vaughan has distanced himself from reports north of the border that former City assistant manager Malcolm Thompson will return to the club's backroom staff.

Thompson joined City from the coaching staff at Rangers in May 2007 as Bobby Williamson's number two.

And it was after he returned to Scotland four months into the following season that the decline in the club's fortunes began which ultimately ended 18 months later with City losing their place in the Football League for the second time in nine years.

But, although current Chester boss Mark Wright was briefly linked with the then managerial vacancy at neighbours Tranmere earlier this month, Vaughan appears to have no plans to make a change.

"We have a manager currently," he said. "I really don't know where these reports come from.

"And I can categorically say that Mr Thompson will definitely not be returning to Chester City."

I like how, so far, there is nobody cheering on a Blue Square Premier team, and thus LCS is still a lonely Luton fan.

And we need a new witty sub-title for the Coca-Cola Leagues Thread <_<

Also, to contribute to the thread, I'm hoping Stevenage and, in miracle fashion, AFC Wimbledon, get promoted into the football league this season. It'd be nice if Woking got straight back in the Conference and, for local purposes, Worksop could do with a bit of a resurgence as they've been crap for ages.

As I'll be moving there in October, I figure I may aswell adopt them as my second team: come on York City! Apparently they finished 17th last season...still, probably more likely to get promoted than Leeds!

So that makes you a Leeds and York fan? That's one of the worst combinations I've ever seen! Two awful clubs... :P

As I'll be moving there in October, I figure I may aswell adopt them as my second team: come on York City! Apparently they finished 17th last season...still, probably more likely to get promoted than Leeds!

So that makes you a Leeds and York fan? That's one of the worst combinations I've ever seen! Two awful clubs... :P

Could be worse, could support Donny, who's only claims to fame are A) Beating an awful club in a playoff final and B) Having an awful's club best player on their books for 6-7 years as a gaffer.

With the legendary Leigh RMI, excuse me, Leigh Genesis no longer in the BSP or BSN I will now be supporting Barrow. Go Barrow.

Awesome team, Flitcroft as manager with Matty Jansen upfront :D Will be keeping an eye out on them this year just to see how the two do

With the legendary Leigh RMI, excuse me, Leigh Genesis no longer in the BSP or BSN I will now be supporting Barrow. Go Barrow.

Awesome team, Flitcroft as manager with Matty Jansen upfront :D Will be keeping an eye out on them this year just to see how the two do

I may have to make the trip from Worcester to Leigh, just to see Matt Jansen in this enviroment. He'll either be brilliant or awful.

GO GATESHEAD!

For those interested btw, here is the team list for the BSP for 09/10

1 AFC Wimbledon

2 Altrincham

3 Barrow

4 Cambridge United

5 Chester City

6 Crawley Town

7 Eastbourne Borough

8 Ebbsfleet United

9 Forest Green Rovers

10 Gateshead

11 Grays Ath

12 Hayes & Yeading

13 Histon

14 Kettering Town

15 Kidderminster Harriers

16 Luton Town

17 Mansfield Town

18 Oxford United

19 Rushden & Diamonds

20 Salisbury City

21 Stevenage Borough

22 Tamworth

23 Wrexham

24 York City

Ebbsfleet might be a bit dodgy. They've lost at least seven players since the end of the season because they have no money to give new contracts. Their manager is asking for members to drum up some cash:

Daish is hoping to retain players

Ebbsfleet manager Liam Daish has called on MyFootballClub's members to help finance retaining some of the club's out-of-contract players.

The Blue Square Premier side have not been able to offer any players new deals and seven of them have already found new clubs.

The Fleet are owned by subscription website MyFootballClub and have also received donations from members.

Meanwhile, Paul McCarthy replaces Alan Kimble as Fleet assistant.

Cost-cutting at the club meant Daish could not afford to retain Kimble and club captain McCarthy will combine playing with new coaching role.

Of the club's out-of-contract players, Rob French, Peter Hawkins, Sacha Opinel, George Purcell, Mark Ricketts, Danny Slatter and James Smith have all joined teams below Blue Square Premier level.

Plus the 'owners' keep rejecting offers for players that would free up some cash to offer new deals, having turned down £30,000 (From Luton) then £42,000 from Morecambe for striker Michael Gash. At this rate they may end up falling down the table next year unless they get some cash

I'll come on board as the token Wrexham follower, someone has to don't they

Not the only one following Wrexham...

Anyway, last I checked Matt Jansen was mulling over some contract offers he was getting after playing like... 2-3 games for Wrexham. Might sign for us. Whoever he goes to though will gain a player who will spend 90% of the season injured and probably depressed.

I forgot AFC Wimbledon had made it into the BSP. Go AFC! And Worcester!

Fixed (Y) They're even higher now.

And that MyFootballClub crap was never gonna work long term, if I'd been a Gravesend fan when the internet took over the club I'd have been absolutely gutted.

EDIT: And Matt Jansen signed for Leigh Genesis earlier today.

Edited by AdamDRFC