Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

They've also slowed things down and increased the realism. The biggest example I can remember involves passing speed. Before, anyone with a QB strength of 70 could throw bullets at Favre-like speeds. Now, only the strongest of the strong arms can do that.

Another effected runner's making cuts, making it less rounded and more direct if I remember correctly.

AND! They fixed the damn FB Dive play, no more guaranteed two or three yards on the FB Dive anymore.

Add in the changes to franchise mode and this is the first time I feel like I'm not just buying last year's game with updated rosters.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been reading a lot about the new features of the game, how franchise is re-tooled a bit and about the added presentation factors. The demo is out on the Xbox Marketplace today, not sure about PSN and all that, but it's a four quarter demo with each quarter lasting a minute. Teams to play as are the Cowboys and Giants. Just played it, and the added in presentation things are nice, the graphics look amazing, and was very enjoyable to play. Definitely going to pick this up come August.

Is there a different release date for the demo in the UK? It's not on our marketplace yet. It's a shame they cut the quarters down to one minute each. I'll be getting the game regardless, I always enjoy the Madden games and the changes they've made to this year's game (I've been reading their development blogs for the last few months) make it sound like probably the best Madden to date.

I still haven't used my code for the GameStop demo. I already know I'm grabbing this game, there really isn't much use for this code to me.