Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

My first rush attempt using Cadillac Williams resulted in him getting injured. He came back into the game and two plays later he was injured again.

I guess what you see on Sundays is in the game.

I'm loving my Niners franchise. Made a trade to get myself a starting quarterback. Sent Alex Smith packing to the Titans for Vince Young. He hasn't been the best QB, throwing just as many INT's as TD's but he can get in and out of the pocket nicely and run for some first downs. In the second game of the year, Frank Gore was dominating. I scored a touchdown but he was injured on the play and is out for seven weeks. Following the game I traded my backup for a draft pick and signed Deuce McAllister. Deuce didn't really impress in his first game, only 50 yards and he's much slower than Gore. However he's fun to use because he can just plow through smaller defenders and grab an extra yard or two. I'm having a super hard time scoring in the first half, all of my wins have been comeback wins. Vernon Davis is a beast in this game though.

This is such an amazing game, I love how slowed down it is so that everyone isn't sprinting around the field and it allows receivers who are open to actually catch the ball and not end up an interception. I started out playing on Pro, but was dominating too much so I switched over to All-Pro. Definitely more of a challenge, barely squeezed out a victory against the Rams in Week 1. The animations are awesome too, so far I've seen Housh extend his body to make an awesome catch and someone I was trying to hitstick leap over me, plus many others.

I'm playing as the Bills. Almost every catch TO has made has been jumping over the cornerback and grabbing the ball.

In my first game of the season, I was able to comeback and beat the Patriots 20-17. It was epic. My defence won it for me, forcing a fumble late to allow me to take the lead. Then, with Brady leading a charge, I manage to take him down and hurt him for 4 weeks. His replacement immediately threw a pick, allowing me to run down the clock.

Also, I am playing this on the PS3.

Edited by Toe

Just had a great game against Atlanta, First time I've played in the rain so far this year and man is it different, My passing was way off point and it didn't help that Atlanta is tied for 3rd in the interceptions category, Despite them being 4-4 at the time and to boot, I had a ton of chances at kicking field goals but the first one I shanked (my bad) and the rest (All around the 50 yard mark) kept falling short, I've never paid much attention to the arrow, Is it any help if you put the arrow more up or more down?

and after missing another 50 yard FG with 14 seconds to go in the 4th, Score tied at 14, They run down the clock to about 8 with a short pass and then something amazing happens... Ryan drops back and slips! I've never seen a QB slip before in a Madden game, This gives the linemen time to break through the Atlanta line and put some serious pressure on, Ryan throws a horrible pass as a result and it gets picked for a game winning 6 by Davis.

Now we are 8-1, The Pats are still undefeated and starting to worry me, I DO NOT want to be the team that the Pats beat to go 19-0.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8489047

• Like 2

yeah I don't really get making the achievements All Pro only, kinda rough but I noticed something funny you can get the achievements in Madden Moments as I was doing the Steelers comeback vs the colts and got 2 achievements after I had Ben lob one up to the endzone and Miller got it for a TD. Running the ball is a lot better on pro but on all pro it's pretty hard.

I've had trouble running the ball on All-Pro and Pro with the Bills. I chewed up the Buccaneers pretty well, but I only had good numbers in my last game because I broke an 80 yard run while killing clock. I had maybe 35 yards on 20 tries against the Pats.

I've yet to get this, seeing that my 360 red-ringed on frickin' Thursday night. But I love hearing that people aren't running for 200 yards every game. I always hated that about Madden. I could have a 58-rated running back and easily turn him into a thousand yard rusher on the old Madden games. Now, maybe I'll actually have to invest some time and effort in my line and running back.

As The Bears I just finished my preseason. 3-1, not bad. The 1 was my 67 to 10 loss against The Giants. I think Cutler threw 16725626 interceptions.

Good God but The Bears have no WRs. I got Matt Jones, and he is pretty good, but it's either him or Olsen and on occasion a short pass to Forte.

As for the game, best Madden I have seen to date. The roster update that someone else mentioned is all kinds of wonky, but I think the next update is out the 19th. Maybe that will be better. Plus I can play a franchise as Cleveland just so I can get Vick and have him play in The Dogpound. Small pleasures in life and all that.

Just had a great game against Atlanta, First time I've played in the rain so far this year and man is it different, My passing was way off point and it didn't help that Atlanta is tied for 3rd in the interceptions category, Despite them being 4-4 at the time and to boot, I had a ton of chances at kicking field goals but the first one I shanked (my bad) and the rest (All around the 50 yard mark) kept falling short, I've never paid much attention to the arrow, Is it any help if you put the arrow more up or more down?

Aim the arrow up and the wind will affect the kick more, aim it down and it won't affect it as much. I think you lose a bit of distance doing both though, I only change it when there's a decent wind affecting things.

I've had trouble running the ball on All-Pro and Pro with the Bills. I chewed up the Buccaneers pretty well, but I only had good numbers in my last game because I broke an 80 yard run while killing clock. I had maybe 35 yards on 20 tries against the Pats.

I'm using my Madden IQ for the difficulty but I'm having the same trouble as last year. I'll get about 50 yards rushing with a pretty crappy average but if I get a couple of close range TD runs, it thinks I'm doing fine with the running game so it either doesn't change my skill level or it increases it. Shame they took out the lead blocker controls, I'd do better rushing with those in.

Brandon Jacobs is an absolute beast, I had an insane amount of trouble bringing him to the ground, he got nearly 100 yards in the first half. I still beat the Giants 27-24 in OT though :D

Wow...what...the...FUCK..

PLaying a game against thew Bucs and take a kickoff all the way down for a TD with Desean Jackson. Akers comes on for the PAT and its good...oh whats this? HOlding on Brent Celek. Rekick the PAT..its good..oh whats this? Holding on Lesean Mccoy. Rekick the PAT...its good..oh whats this? Holding on Lesean Mccoy AGAIN! Rekick..now a 49 yard PAT...its good. Oh wait...whats this again? Holding on Stacy Andrews.

At this point intime, I HAD to do for the 2 point because its a 59 yard PAT. So I did hail mary, bombed it downfield to Maclin and was able to draw a pass interference penalty. So then it was going to be a 25 yard PAT..finally no penalties on that play...

I guess Deuce McAllister doesn't want to let Frank Gore come back from injury as the starter. I just played a game against the Falcons and the dude went nuts running for 205 yards and two touchdowns. On the other side, Vince Young went like 2-10 with his passes so I basically had to run. If it weren't for an interception in the 4th quarter the game probably would have went to OT. I'm undefeated right now but I have some really tough games coming up.