Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

I destroyed the Browns, scoring 4 touchdowns with Marshawn Lynch. However, Jamal Lewis tore me up. He had over 100 yards on about 18 carries. After the first quarter, he was a monster. He was also getting a lot of passes his way. It would have been a competitive game if Brady Quinn hadn't thrown 4 interceptions. Oh, and Donte Whitner killed their TE with a massive tackle. Hit stick, FTW!

I had Madden 09 and i enjoyed it for a bit i was decent in single player but crap online and i was wondering is it majorly different than last years version? Because i dunno whether to get it if it's just done a few tweaks and a different roster because before 09 i had 07 and i felt there wasn't a major difference so is it worth getting if i'm a casual fan of the game?

They also added weather specific animations, I nearly had a panic attack when Eli slipped and fell after recieving the snap, as he stepped into the pocket, in the torrential rain in Giants Stadium. Such a nice touch that adds to the tension and realism of the game.

They also added weather specific animations, I nearly had a panic attack when Eli slipped and fell after recieving the snap, as he stepped into the pocket, in the torrential rain in Giants Stadium. Such a nice touch that adds to the tension and realism of the game.

I had Lee Evans in the open, and as I went to throw he made a cut and slipped. That really sucked!

Alright, I've found my first gripe with the game.

I play the 2-9 Bucs and maybe I'm too cocky or something, But I came into the game expecting a blow out and what happens? I throw 5 picks and was very lucky to only lose by 3 thanks to a late game comeback.

The very next week, I take on the 12-0 Patriots and in a frankly easy game I beat the undefeated Pats 17-3.

So in the last two games, I lose to the worst team in the league and beat the best team in the league, What is up with that?

I play the 2-9 Bucs and maybe I'm too cocky or something, But I came into the game expecting a blow out and what happens? I throw 5 picks and was very lucky to only lose by 3 thanks to a late game comeback.

The very next week, I take on the 12-0 Patriots and in a frankly easy game I beat the undefeated Pats 17-3.

So in the last two games, I lose to the worst team in the league and beat the best team in the league, What is up with that?

Hence the phrase "Any Given Sunday". If you dominated every game you thought you were going to dominate, what would be the point of playing? Also, maybe there 2-9 for a reason (had injuries during a few games and just got healthy). Personally, I don't find it to be a problem, but rather a plus.

If you're using the default "Madden IQ" difficulty, it probably simplified the game against the Pats after seeing how poorly you performed against the Bucs.

I forgot what happens every so often with Jake Delhomme :( 4 INTs against 1-5 Buffalo at home, and he was all over the place.

Hence the phrase "Any Given Sunday". If you dominated every game you thought you were going to dominate, what would be the point of playing? Also, maybe there 2-9 for a reason (had injuries during a few games and just got healthy). Personally, I don't find it to be a problem, but rather a plus.

That's a very good point, But I feel like the roles where switched somewhat, I expected to have a hard time against the Pats and a easier time against the Bucs and that injury thing might be something to look at.

and no oldskool, I'm quite sure that I don't have it set to Madden IQ, Will double check though, It could be just like you descirbed happened in Buffalo, Delhomme could have of had a bad day against a bad team.

That's a very good point, But I feel like the roles where switched somewhat, I expected to have a hard time against the Pats and a easier time against the Bucs and that injury thing might be something to look at.

Do you watch the NFL at all? Happens like this all the time because of parity. Just because you expect to have an easy game or a hard game doesn't mean you will either way.

I'm really enjoying it so far, hopefully more so when I eventually get out of the goddmaned preseason (fuck having to work >_>). Found some decent sliders too, not tested them much, but they open up the run game a bit, which is a huge plus. Neither me nor the AI were getting more than 80 yards a game previously.

So for anyone who cares, Favre will be in the game after tomorrow and here is his rating

Madden NFL 10 rating / Madden NFL 09 rating / change

Overall Rating

82 / 84 / -2

Throw Power

93 / 96 / -3

Throw Accuracy

79 / 84 / -5

Short Accuracy

77 / 83 / -6

Mid Accuracy

79 / 80 / -1

Deep Accuracy

81 / 72 / +9

Play Action

82 / 84 / -2

Throw on Run

72 / 80 / -8

Awareness

85 / 85 / 0

Speed

60 / 60 / 0

Agility

60 / 61 / -1

Injury

90 / 99 / -9

Edited by The Cool One

Do you watch the NFL at all? Happens like this all the time because of parity. Just because you expect to have an easy game or a hard game doesn't mean you will either way.

Apparently not enough.

Finished the season 12-4 after losing to New York and New Orleans in the final two games of the season, I noticed that my guys weren't as good as they could have been, Could be because we had a bye week so early on, Like what happened with the Ravens last year.

At least i get to bypass Wildcard Weekend and now I play the Bears with the homefield advantage.