Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

lol I am the Giants in a quick franchise and went 16-0 first year and then I saw the Jets and Chargers in the playoffs with 7-9 records as wild cards and I was all "What the fuck?" so I skip to the next round and the Patriots and the Steelers are also 16-0: The Pats got homefield and won and then I beat them in the Superbowl - all three the first time I've seen a 16-0 team in this game :shifty:

I lol'd

I find it strange that they haven't removed Jim Johnson from the game and that when you sim the first season of a franchise, he generally ends up taking over for Andy Reid, who apparently retires.

I discovered another cool addition to penalties earlier. Playing the Chiefs, I'm driving to capitalise on a 3-point lead before the half. Third and long, Romo scrambles out of the pocket and is about to be drilled by three or so players when Patrick Crayton breaks free. I toss it to him and we get a first down, or so I think. Flag on the play, referee rules an illegal forward pass as Romo was past the line of scrimmage when he released the ball. Check the replay and it's spot on as well, awesome stuff.

Oh yea...I'm seeing penalties I've never seen get called in the madden games before this year. I scrambled for a first down with McNabb and ran out to stop the clock and got hit as I ran out..I see a epnalty flag and I'm thinkin "Oh great...holding" Nope...unnecessary roughness..

Only in Madden.... the bengals lose Carson Palmer and JT O'Sullivan, and Graham Harrel becomes the starter and gets them on a winning streak

I just had a online game vs the bills way closer than it should of been, I failed at an extra point and missed a 38 yard field goal as time ended but intercepted Fitzpatrick in OT after I injured Trent Edwards. Deangelo Williams struggled at running all game but I couldn't risk another field goal fail so he took it in for his 3rd td inculding a screen and a wildcat run.

Edited by mystikz

Trading multiple players for less players or players and pick is difficult because a lot of teams already have full rosters, it's been in the game for years. You can try adding one of their crappy players to the trade. They probably won't care about losing a bad player and it can balance the sides in the trade. Then you can just cut the extra guy if you don't want him or trade him again for picks.

They've also said forever that there are going to be "late round gems" like tom brady was. I've never gotten anyone worth keeping after the 3rd maybe 4th round. And I've never been able to draft a decent kicker. I had a class once with a prospected 3rd round kicker and his strength asnd accuracy were in the 70s. Dude could hit anything over 40 yards

I am playing with those realism sliders, and I still think they need tweaking. Every week, Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson and all the other elusive backs are going for 150 yards or more per game. Even the slower backs are averaging 100 per game.

Has anyone made it to the draft yet in their Franchise? Every year, the players in the draft are horrible, and I swear I read something somewhere saying they actually made an effort to put in decent rookies this year.

I just did a draft the other day. My first round pick was an 80 with A potential and my 4th round pick was an 82 with A potential.

Just pay attention to their attributes on draft day.

I think the realism sliders need to be harder. I'm 7-0 with the Cowboys but then again the only team with a decent record I've faced is the 5-2 Giants. Been a bit too easy so far, my first real test should come against the Eagles. I like being able to run with these sliders but I think I'm running too well, Marion Barber has gone over 100 yards in six games, going for 90 in the other and he's had at least one TD in each, usually two or three. I'd be up amongst the top QBs in the league with Romo if Roy Williams didn't keep dropping catches, he's leading the league with ten drops in 7 games.

Some stats I am nowhere near being able to challenge for the best in the league though. Blocking pancakes I have a total of maybe 10 and the league leaders in tackles are averaging more than 10 hits per game whereas I'm lucky to get one guy with five.

This game wants me to lose in Ranked. I'm undefeated in a few games so far and I encounter someone awful. Truly awful. Two completed passes the entire game, 12 rushing yards for him. Final score going into the last 3 minutes of the game 21-21. Everyone of my drives either ended with a touchdown for me or a fumble which eh recovered and scored. 3 fumble recovery for touchdowns. I end up taking a field goal with a minute left which hits the bottom bar and doesn't go in. I'm frustrated. He starts trying to drive and he is awful. God finally does the right thing and I pick him off and return it for 6 to win.

I swear 75% of the people online refuse to punt ever... and just randomly go for 2 point conversions often. I had a really odd game where I'm up at the half 28-14 when I only ran one offensive play the whole half. He fumbled on the opening kickoff which I recovered for a TD, returned 2 INT's and returned a kick off a 104 yards. Still only winning 35-31, but playing defense almost the whole game is so frustrating.

I like the realism sliders, they do need tweaking a little bit, I guess partially because I'm playing on slow, and they were designed for fast/very fast. Seeing way too many holding and clipping calls, so I've bumped them down a bit. Running I've found to be much more realistic, but I struggle to have enough time to make my reads when throwing, and the receivers take for-fucking-ever to get open. Before I muck around with those sliders though, I'm gonna play with a couple of other teams, it might jsut be that the improved Bears o-line isn't improved enough.

I'm so tired of the online play.

I've been using the realism sliders during games against the cpu and have been given a challenge but still able to pull out a few big plays when I need to.

However I now stand 0-6 in Ranked.

I don't think I'm terrible, I beat Slogger in a good game in unranked one night, and I've beaten buddies in local multiplayer.

I just don't know what to do, it's so frustrating. I think the problem is since my skill level is level 1 I'm getting raped by Madden veterans who just picked up this year's copy and thus they're starting at my rank level.

UGH.