Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

When I say custom, I actually mean ones I use myself. They're essentially based off of a set I found at OS, but tailored to suit my playing ability (or, admittedly, lack thereof - I am a terrible QB). I've also made some tweaks based on the sort of stats I rack up.

I haven't been in the slider forum for a while, but from memory, I know DB's sliders for slow game speed were pretty good, and I did use some from a guy who used to do them for 2k5 9he's somewhat of an OS legend for his dedication to his craft), but I can't remember his name or his site. He went as far as taking players real 40-yard times and tweaking the speed sliders so that they'd match in-game.

New Orleans Saints.

Thomas is the main RB, but since he doesn't have the pace of Bush, I struggle to run with him. Bush is rated lower, but due to pace, it allows me to abuse the outside handoffs a little, as he outruns a lot of the guys without really needing much skill.

As for the passing game, they have decent short guys, but I struggle to get playes like Colston (iirc) into the game even though he is one of their stars, as he runs long routes, and I'd rather play safe.

Found some sliders, seem to be working nicely at the moment, will have a little tweak if needs be.

Yeah, I'm just not :P

It is more that I tend to look short first, and by the time I'm forced into looking long, I'm generally under pressure.

That, and I tend to stick religiously to who I want to throw the ball to before the snap. Silly, I know, but if they do get covered up, I usually use my RB as an out, or my TE if he has dropped short.

Well your first look should always be to the route marked in orange, he's your primary receiver on the play, the one who the play is designed to go for. Unless it's a designed short pass, it shouldn't be your first look.

Yeah, I know about the orange line, I just find it more comfortable throwing short. As I said, the issue is more how I play the game, rather than the players I'm playing the game with.

Although my rushing is poor except for rushers who are fast, rather than RBs who are designed to blast through the defence.

Well your first look should always be to the route marked in orange, he's your primary receiver on the play, the one who the play is designed to go for. Unless it's a designed short pass, it shouldn't be your first look.

Yeah, I know about the orange line, I just find it more comfortable throwing short. As I said, the issue is more how I play the game, rather than the players I'm playing the game with.

Although my rushing is poor except for rushers who are fast, rather than RBs who are designed to blast through the defence.

Not sure if this goes for you, but a lot of people tend to sprint as soon as the hand-off is made. You'll do far better if you lay off the sprint button until you're at the second level (i.e. facing linebackers one-on-one rather than ploughing through the line). Not sprinting gives you chance to see where any holes might have opened up on the line for you, and it also means you're less liekly to outrun your lead blocker.

Ok, so I can't make LaDainian Tomlinson fumble. Any tips?

I'm running up to him, mashing L1 and taking him down, but he won't let go of the damn ball.

Sliders. Way too few fumbles on default. I think mine are set at 55 or 60.

Giants, albeit, personally biased. Eli is excellent and Jacobs is an absolute monster with the truck stick, but the secondary and recieving corps need rebuilding. Brilliant O-Line too which should help out with the passing.

Edited by The Cool One

Bears might be a good one for franchise. Good offensive talent with the likes of Cutler and Forte, receivers that are suited to a short passing game (and Hester's there for the occasional deep route), and a defense that plays far more sturdily than its real life counterpart. And there's plenty of room for upgrading, the three key areas being the offensive line, receiving corps and defensive backfield.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any good 360 online franchises out there? Looking to join another one that's decently active.

The EWB one is currently in the playoffs, But other than that I have no idea.

I started a Superstar mode DE player (Even though SS mode sucks, I know)and get drafted to Tampa Bay (I saved before the draft and kept quitting and going back in until I found a team that's current RE was rated lower than I was) and I just realized that the first 10 games of the season is death for us when it comes to opposing Running backs. It starts off with Barber in Dallas, Then Lynch, Jacobs, Portis, Westbrook, D Williams, Faulk, Grant and Ricky Williams. At this rate they can keep handing the ball off and I'll never get a sack. Although, I'm current playing Philly and for some reason I blocked a PAT! I don't think I've ever seen a blocked kick in Madden before, Totally unexpected but awesome, Too bad SS mode doesn't have the ability to save highlights, Where's an American Xbox and a copy of NCAA 10 when you need it?

Edit: After going 0-7 to start the season we caught a massive break before the game against Green Bay, Grant dislocated his elbow and is out for the week and his back up is out for the season with a torn Pec. and we can't even do that right, Now down to 0-8. We won by 10 in Miami the next week to end the 0-16 possibility, yay!