Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

Has anyone attempted to get the Larry Fitzgerald 10 user catches/no drops achievement? I got 17 user catches and no drops and yet no achievement. It is on custom with the sliders set from the link AD posted and I have gotten achievements using that so it can't be that. Is it glitched or what?

So I've been playing franchise mode a lot and is it just me, or are there better players in the later rounds of the draft now? I drafted a right tackle in the 6th round and when I signed him, his OVR value was an 83. By the beginning of the next year, he had jumped up to a 91. I drafted a cornerback this year and his OVR value is an 84. AWESOME.

Tried to play Sqeak (I quit); I hit Y for fair catch only about 1,000 times and never called it --- fumble, returned; game tied 7-7. Next possession, I was taking a sack, computer decides to "pass" as he gets hit, INT. I can't handle that.

Yet you had no problem winning thanks to my QB "throwing" what, 3 pick-sixes to a DT after the same thing? Bad Biggz.

What's more annoying is if the ball is turned over by an pick or fumble, you now there's no chance any of your players are gonna catch their defender running down to the end zone. It's not worth even trying to sprint after them most of the time. However, when you pick the ball off or recover a fumble, their players seem to keep pace with you all the way down the field.

What's more annoying is if the ball is turned over by an pick or fumble, you now there's no chance any of your players are gonna catch their defender running down to the end zone. It's not worth even trying to sprint after them most of the time. However, when you pick the ball off or recover a fumble, their players seem to keep pace with you all the way down the field.

I've not noticed that at all. Quite the opposite in fact. After last year's effort where it seemed the offense were running through treacle on any kind of fumble or INT runback, this year, I've had the likes of Forte and Olsen track a linebacker down and save the TD. Obviously, a cornerback or safety will be harder to keep up with, but linemen and linebackers have a much tougher time getting the TD.

Also, the catch-up logic isn't nearly as flagrant as in older games. I don't like that Tiburon deny its existence though. I think the official line is that the AI is tuned to play harder and more aggressive when chasing a lead, which I guess is life-like. And you can definitely see that if they take more risks there's a better chance of making a pick. Fumbles seem to occur too often though. I don't tend to have that much trouble though, maybe I just play it safer when I have the lead.

I played a buddy of mine the other night and he had yet to see the feature. I fumble, he dives on the ball, begins to mock me as I start tapping away at the buttons. I hear a "...the fuck is this?" and the referee's signal Broncos ball. He was beyond pissed and it was beautiful.

I think it actually adds more realism. How many times do you see those fumble pile-ups and the ball being battled for in real games? Plenty. I also like that I don't win every one, in fact I would say I probably end up winning under 50%, even when I fall on the ball first. Nice new feature.

Is there a scramble in a pile? Sure, does the ball rarely change hands? Yes.

Especially in today's day of video review it's easy to go back to see who recovers and as soon as he is touched he is downed. I've rarely watched a game, saw a pile-up, and someone who didn't jump on it first come away with the ball and the refs said the other team came away with it. I mean, 95% of the time as soon as it's jumped upon the teammates put their arm in the first-down motion and are correct they came away with it. I don't think the feature is realistic at all that now you have to button-mash in order to get a fumble recovery, and even if you land on it first and are touched - down by rule - you get this bullcrap feature. I turn it off and wether I left it on and won I'm still displeased with a button-mash feature in a "realistic" football game.