Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

As much as it pains me to say it, This shits all over 09, Even with me only renting it.

The presentation is better, The halftime show is a nice touch and of course it looks prettier.

The gameplay is leaps and bounds above 09, In 09 I could only rush for TD's inside the 10 yard line, In this, I've run twice for 75+ yard TD's and on top of that, You can rush effectively which is awesome, Everything is so different from last year, I've set it on Pro with 7min quarters with a 15 second accelerated clock and I've had 3 really close games.

I haven't tried online or anything really deep in franchise so I can't really talk about that yet.

I have tried a little bit of Superstar and I'm kind of sad that they stripped it to nothing, I really liked the interviews from the previous games, I do like the added touch in superstar mode of them interviewing you on the field after the game, Even if it isn't interactive, Although it might only be for QB's as I've only been a QB in SS mode so far.

I'm still undecided if I should get this with so many other games coming out *Sigh*

With all the games coming out soon that will be taking up my time, I really don't think I should pick this up. However, graphic wise it looks so good that I might just get it anyways. Such a hard decision.

I've been playing Franchise as Carolina (I don't know why) and I'm something like 4-1 after losing to the Eagles in the first week and now I'm on a 4 game win streak, Beating the Falcons in OT, The now 0-5 Cowboys (Sorry AD), The once 4-0 Redskins and the now 1-5 Bucs.

My wideout unit have gotten a big boost thanks to EA leaving Plax and Harrison in the FA pool (I could have left them in there but the last thing the league needs is for the Pats to snap them up (They are 6-0 as it is).

When I need to just take a knee to run out the clock, I've been putting in kicker, John Kasey (yay, Chuck reference :D) and when the Bucs fumbled on their own 1 yard line with like no time left, I said "What the hell" and put Kasey in for the QB K Sneak and it worked :D A Kicker with an NFL Touchdown, Doesn't it warm your heart?

I know it's a massive thing to have to get right, but I do hate starting a franchise with inaccurate rosters. I'm not an expert enough to create accurate guys like the Bears third string QB, but there are other guys out there who are. It'd be nice to see some sort of tool for the community to create their own rosters and share them, include headshots and whatnot, there'd be a lot less bitching for EA to deal with and they could focus on getting the uniforms right or learning how to program AI run blocking.

Only about an hour and a half until I get the game. Shame I have to get up super early tomorrow or else I'd be playing all night long. Looking forward to getting into franchise mode since it's been a few years since I bought a Madden. Here's to hoping I can turn the niners around.

Wow...they REALLY went specific for achievements..look at all the ones you have to get on particular players...

All Day No Way (40) Record 3 tackles for a loss on Adrian Peterson. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Buzzkill (40) Intercept a pass intended for Randy Moss. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Fight for the Fumble (30) Win possession of the ball after a fumble pile-up. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

From Me To You (40) Complete a pass for a TD with your partner in an Online Co-op game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro

Frozen Tundra (30) Win at Lambeau Field in freezing weather. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Go Back to Basketball (40) Tackle Antonio Gates inside the 5 yard line. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Go Bag Some Groceries (40) Force Kurt Warner to fumble on a sack. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Have to Be This Tall to Ride (40) Stiff arm or juke Bob Sanders. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Hey Buddy! (50) Complete a lateral with your partner in an Online Co-Op game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro

Larry Stickyfingers (40) Get 10 user catches (no drops) with Larry Fitzgerald. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Laser Arm? (40) Intercept Peyton Manning 3 times. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Look what I found! (80) Win a fumble pile-up in the end zone for a TD. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Mature Newbie (10) Create a player or Superstar at the oldest possible age.

Mr. Not-So-Perfect (40) Intercept a Tom Brady pass. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Nano (50) Sack the QB before he can hand the ball off. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Nothing Without the Dark Visor (40) Force a LaDanian Tomlinson fumble. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Pocket Monster (80) Stay in the pocket for at least 10 seconds. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Safety Inspection Required (10) Create a team from Springfield.

Sprint 2 Minute Drill (30) Win after being behind in the final 2 minutes of a game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Super Bowl MVP-like (50) Catch a TD to take the lead with under 30 seconds left. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

The Gang's All Here (50) Trigger a gang tackle with 7+ players. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Well played. Really. (5) Throw the ball away on 4th down. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

Why Can't We Be Friends? (75) Complete an online Co-Op game. 5 min qtrs, All Pro

Wounded Duck (50) Complete a pass to an unintended receiver. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no co-op)

There might be some trouble with online franchise for non-US'ers, seems EA fucked up the printing of access codes on the manuals. All this just to stop secondhand sales, eh.

I rang up EA's Customer Care line and they activated it for me from there. I started one with 2 of my friends who also did it and it's the best thing in Madden ever. It's so fun playing at the same time and giving each other updates. I'll be willing to play/control a PS3 franchise.

The game is great this year, thus far. I love how they slowed the gameplay and all the little touches they added. Like how when a center snaps it, it's not always perfect and will go high or low occasionally when the QB is in the gun. I almost had a tear in my high when Romo almost stumbled, when had to go low to recieve the snap and got drilled by Umenyiora seconds later, it was beautiful. The accelerated clock is also a nice feature.

Edited by The Cool One

I've just finished my first pre-season in Franchise mode with the Cowboys. Playing 7 minutes with the accelerated clock on and set at 15 seconds. Beat the Raiders and 49ers 31-0 but lost to the Titans 26-7 and the Vikings 21-20.

The presentation is very, very good, loving that aspect of it and I prefer the slowed down gameplay and how you can actually get a pocket as the QB rather than needing to throw quickly and roll out all of the time. I might make the speed differential between the players greater, though, Felix Jones and Miles Austin in particular should be able to pose more of a threat with their pace than they did in the first four games.

I downloaded the roster update before I started my franchise and while I don't like them taking Brewster out of the Cowboys team it's understandable because of his season-ending injury. They could have got the jersey numbers right, though, I have Brandon Williams sharing Patrick Crayton's 84 and Mike Mickens sharing Mike Jenkins' 21. I'll edit them manually later so I hope there's no glitches there like last time with the information resetting, exploding arms and such.

I had an odd freeze after taking the Madden test for the first time. It returned me to the main menu and the music was playing fine but the screen was still and I couldn't navigate between menus. Other than that one time though I haven't had any problems.

It is so hard to tackle people! I cant even count how many broken tackles the other team had

I get a lot of this, I especially had trouble trying to stop LenDale White. I think it's just about going for the tackle at the right angle and taking out the legs rather than going up high when you're in a vulnerable situation.