World-Cup.jpg

World Cup.

stanley-cup-245x300.jpg

Stanley Cup.

Enough said.

Wait, you want more?

world%20cup%20stanley%20cup.jpg

Oh yes.

I think the Stanley cup is pretty cool but when compared like this I perfer the World Cup so much more, the Stanley Cup looks quite gaudy in my opionion when comparing. The size of it doesnt make it better. And I like the Jules Rimet Trophy aswel.

Was not an actual argument from me that the size mattered. Just wanted to point out how much cooler the Stanley Cup is cause babies live in it and that size difference picture was next on bing images and it seemed suitable for the conversation. :/

Size doesn't matter. Hoisting babies does. It is the Gene Snitsky of trophies.

The Stanley Cup looks ugly and cheap, if you're going by looks then there's no way it should win.

:)

It's far from cheap, I'd imagine it's priceless, I just think it looks that way.

Congratulations, you're pedantic.

I meant the same thing, I just didn't include the word 'looks' because I didn't think it was necessary.

Plus the World Cup requires what....12-20 games over 4 years to win while the Stanley Cup involves 82 regular season games before a minimum of 16 games of the most gruelling sport besides rugby to win. It's harder on the body to win the Stanley Cup than any other trophy.

Only people in the US and Canada actually care about the Stanley Cup, the rest of the world want to win the World Cup, it is the ultimate prize in sport

Fuck right off. Yes, football is the most popular sport in the world. No, that does not mean that everybody wants to win the World Cup.

The World Cup is boring, there's no stories about when the trophy ended up in Pele's swimming pool. Hell, Domink Hasek (I think, may have been Lidstrom?) took the Stanley cup to his hometown, held a roller hockey tourney with some kids from the neighbourhood and "awarded" them the cup for the day. Remember that time took the World Cup home, played 5 a side with some kids and made their dreams come true by letting them hoist it? No, because those kids had to pay £20 to stare at a replica in some glass case.

The team that wins the Stanley Cup has worked together for at least an entire year, they may play years together (obviously not so much with the advent of free agency, but that's another argument). World Cup teams may never play with each other again, and if they do, it's sparingly, in games that their club managers don't want them playing their hardest for fear of injury making them miss their "real" games in the domestic leagues.

Touched a nerve have I?

No, but you are a wanker.

Also good God I love Ringy sometimes.

Edited by Be

The World Cup trophy looks a lot like gold tinfoil. How can you say the Stanley Cup looks cheap when it's compared to that thing?

Is there text that I typed, that I can't see or what. When did I mention the World Cup?

The World Cup is great. The Stanley Cup is also great. Let's talk about the merits of the trophies rather than bringing them down eh? That is what I believe this thread is about. Not "the worst trophy in sports."

Cause we all know that the winner of that prize is the World Series trophy.

It's bad that I forget that the World Series even HAS a trophy. That sums that one up.

And Lord Stanley's Cup is great. Yes, even greater than the Lombardi Trophy despite the fact that I don't mark for the sport as hard. And plus, there's no trophy that's been licked by random whorish women quite like the Stanley Cup. So it wins.

Guest musick

Just for shits and giggles, the most expensive trophy made (according to Google):

Preakness-Stakes-Trophy.jpg

The Preakness Stakes Trophy (not sure of the actual name).

That's a lot of trophy for a horse. :shifty: