Damn, I cannot wait for...

ThePhenom07

Next month I will be seeing Ben Folds. But not just Ben Folds, Ben Folds with the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. Hell yes.

Also, I'm probably buying Shonen Knife tickets today, and probably tickets for my second Art Brut concert this year.

And on a non-live music note, rumors are going out that the next Gorillaz album (which is already confirmed to have De La Soul on two tracks) will include appearances by Barry Gibb and Lou Reed. What.

That's a bigger what at this point. Lou Reed did a song with THE KILLERS. He'll do anything at this point.

Next month I will be seeing Ben Folds. But not just Ben Folds, Ben Folds with the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. Hell yes.

Also, I'm probably buying Shonen Knife tickets today, and probably tickets for my second Art Brut concert this year.

And on a non-live music note, rumors are going out that the next Gorillaz album (which is already confirmed to have De La Soul on two tracks) will include appearances by Barry Gibb and Lou Reed. What.

That's a bigger what at this point. Lou Reed did a song with THE KILLERS. He'll do anything at this point.

Oh and to continue on this, he also sang a song with Anthony and the Johnsons. Plus, who can forget

Precedence dictates that he's no enemy of a collaboration.

He's still lost Favorite Velvets Member status, though, because John Cale has more solo songs I like. Hilariously, though, I think the Velvet Underground was better without Cale than they were with him.

• 2 weeks later...

New Misfits single finally comes out on October 27th via iTunes. Will be available on Vinyl as well.

Land of the Dead, with B-Side Twilight of the Dead.

I'm excited. New, original, material for the first time since Famous Monsters way back when. I heard a shitty audience recording of a new track, but the lyrics can't be heard, so I can't tell what song it is, but it's got a heavy breakdown about 3/4 of the way into the song, much like Crawling Eye.

We'll see what happens. If it's horrible, well, at least we'll know that Jerry, Dez and Robo should hang it up for sure... or at least acquire a new singer... but I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised by the new songs, and at the very worst, a lot of long time fiends might just be indifferent to them, instead of flat out hating them.

I have faith.

The new Islands and Architecture in Helsinki are out this year. Caaaan't wait.

EDIT: Did some searching and now am stoked about The Dodos, Why?, maybe new Panda Bear, Band of Horses, Cocorosie, Flaming Lips, Yo La Tengo, Modest Mouse EP, Destroyer and to a lesser extent Arctic Monkeys.

UPDATEZ:

The following are good:

Flaming Lips, Islands

The following were dece/not what I wanted:

Dodos, Why?, Destroyer(well it was just 2 songs), Modest Mouse

The following I didn't even bother with or don't exist:

Arctic Monkeys, Panda Bear, CoCoRosie, Yo La Tengo.

The following is out in December and I am desperate for it now:

Architecture in Helsinki

:)

and Slayer has been released internationally, but doesn't hit North America until early November.

Nope, the September 3 release date is global.

Release Dates

The album will be released on October 28th in Japan, October 30th in Australia, November 3rd in North America and November 2nd in other parts of the world.

-Taken from Wikipedia's article on the album.

and Amazon has the release as November 3rd.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Painted-Blood-Slayer/dp/B002OEBMN4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1255511340&sr=8-2

and Slayer has been released internationally, but doesn't hit North America until early November.

Nope, the September 3 release date is global.

Release Dates

The album will be released on October 28th in Japan, October 30th in Australia, November 3rd in North America and November 2nd in other parts of the world.

-Taken from Wikipedia's article on the album.

and Amazon has the release as November 3rd.

http://www.amazon.co...55511340&sr=8-2

Yeah, I just found out that it's gonna be released on November 2 in Europe. Didn't know about the October 28 release date for Japan, though. In any case, it isn't out just yet. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

my 2010 wait list:

maybe new magnetic fields *ULTRAFAP ULTRAFAP*

Arcade Fire

LCD Soundsystem

Los Campesinos!

Dr Dog

maybe Radiohead

maybe Panda Bear

Vampire Weekend

Broken Social Scene

The National

Sufjan Stevens

Wolf Parade have started :D

Beach House early 2010!!!

Shins!

The Strokes!

Gorillaz

Interpol

Destroyer

also maybe of montreal; it'd have the song "teenage unicorn fisting" which makes me excited :shifty:

cure too i think

youre a bitch if you dont jizz to one of these

Edited by Mr Evil Guy