FIFA 10

Baddar

Also, do you HAVE to download the squad updates every time you play online? It's annoying as hell and every time it asks if I want to save it, which I do. I don't see why it then has to do the same thing every time I start a new match online.

Not sure what's wrong there, but once you save the update it shouldn't ask you to download one again until there's another update. It will check obviously, but if you're saving it then you shouldn't have to download it for each match.

I had an epic finish in a 2-2 draw in a Pro Club Pro Ranked match yesterday. Playing with complete strangers, we were Newcastle against Bayern Munich at St. James'. Bayern take a 2-0 lead early but then we take control of the match, creating countless opportunities but unable to score. Finally we get a goal back and then in what seems like the 6th or 7th minute of added time we get a corner and stab home the equaliser. Surely it's the final kick of the game but we have enough time to get the ball back, it comes to my pro and I'm thinking the whistle's got to go now so I welly it goalwards from at least 40 yards and it hits the damn crossbar. That's the kind of game you love to play though, really exciting and there weren't any ball hogs on the team either.

Also, do you HAVE to download the squad updates every time you play online? It's annoying as hell and every time it asks if I want to save it, which I do. I don't see why it then has to do the same thing every time I start a new match online.

Not sure what's wrong there, but once you save the update it shouldn't ask you to download one again until there's another update. It will check obviously, but if you're saving it then you shouldn't have to download it for each match.

I had an epic finish in a 2-2 draw in a Pro Club Pro Ranked match yesterday. Playing with complete strangers, we were Newcastle against Bayern Munich at St. James'. Bayern take a 2-0 lead early but then we take control of the match, creating countless opportunities but unable to score. Finally we get a goal back and then in what seems like the 6th or 7th minute of added time we get a corner and stab home the equaliser. Surely it's the final kick of the game but we have enough time to get the ball back, it comes to my pro and I'm thinking the whistle's got to go now so I welly it goalwards from at least 40 yards and it hits the damn crossbar. That's the kind of game you love to play though, really exciting and there weren't any ball hogs on the team either.

I've sorted the squads part. I turned Auto Save on and since then all has been fine, guess it just wasn't saving for some weird reason.

Played a few online team play matches, which just annoyed the hell out of me. People seem to either quit, refuse to pass or just be general tits in the few matches I've played. Any way to find some people who actually like to play properly?

I've got a MM going with Real Madrid. Definitely one of the easier teams on the game (even if I find M. Diarra and Gago better players than Ronaldo and Kaka, but that's another story) but the objectives are to win the league and the cup.

About 21 games in, I'm 3pts behind Sevilla and 2pts behind Barca. The trouble is, I've just lost the first leg of the Cup semi 4-1 to Villarreal...at home. So unless I score 4 unanswered goals in the 2nd leg, I'm out.

The way FIFA's shit board system is, even if I win the league, I have a feeling I'm gonna be sacked at the end of it for not fulfilling what was asked at the beginning of the season.

I ask, has anyone ever missed an objective like that, especially with a big team, and still ended up being in charge of that team the following season? I really don't want to play the next 17 games, win the league, then find out I've been sacked and received a job offer from a League Two side. shifty.gif

I have no idea what the Real Madrid president sees in me, really I don't... shifty.gif

I went out of the cup afterwards, but only on pens after a 4-1 win in the game I needed to score 4 goals in, so I was happy I went out fighting. The league form dipped though, and Barca just ran away with it in the end. I drew way too many games and they were busy thumping Almeria 5-1 and Depor 7-0 ...away from home. :/

With four games left, I just simmed from there. I had 3rd place sewn up and I was about 4pts off Sevilla in 2nd. I ended up winning one of the simmed games, drawing the other three, and finishing in third place for the season.

Trophyless, but still ...I got offered a contract to remain Real Madrid manager. It was either that, Grimsby or Bray Wanderers. I stuck with Real.

Champs League qualifying draw comes out, and I'm handed Chelsea. Fucking great. Lost that 3-1 on aggregate, so now I'm in the "EFA" cup with sides like Hartlepool and St Mirren. No idea how they're in there, but they are.

There's 5 teams in my group altogether (including Celtic, Juve and two other unknown sides) but I have no idea whether I'll be playing all of them once or twice or how many actually advance from the group stage. There's 8 groups altogether, so I would think I'd play each team once, then the top two qualify. Can anyone confirm this?

So yeah, basically, I have no idea how I'm still in charge.

Yeah had that too with Inter had to win the league and get to the final of the cup, finished 8 or 9 points of ac milan in the league but won the cup kept my job did the treble the year after despite getting my worst ever defeat in fifa from real madrid playing on legendary real beat me 6-2 in the group stages, was 2-1 up a\t half time but then had cambiasso sent off. He is by far the best defensive midfielder in the game

Just had a bizarre moment.

Yesterday I was half way through my first season with United. Second leg of the League Cup semi final against Arsenal (tied at 1-1 from the first) and suddenly the game REFUSES to let me play the match. Every time I try to, it crashes straight away. Pissed me off in the end, so I turned it off and left it. Retried today and still it refused to let me play it. So I give up and just sim the game, expecting the computer to still crash or cheat me out of a win. Somehow the result was 0-11 to me, which was just weird as hell. I'm now onto the next game and suddenly Arsenal (one point clear of me at the top of the table) have played FOUR games in hand, when I only had a game in hand the week before. Anybody had this type of thing happen before?

Manager Mode officially sucks cock.

I went on a 12 league game winning run (16 including cup comps) but a 1-1 draw with Villarreal put the board confidence all the way down and got me sacked 15 games into the season, despite the fact that I was top of the league.

Another stupid bug that will be added to the list of "improvements" that won't even work for 11, no doubt. :/

Manager Mode officially sucks cock.

I went on a 12 league game winning run (16 including cup comps) but a 1-1 draw with Villarreal put the board confidence all the way down and got me sacked 15 games into the season, despite the fact that I was top of the league.

Another stupid bug that will be added to the list of "improvements" that won't even work for 11, no doubt. :/

Oh I feel your pain bud. I had a game with Chelsea and I had to win the league and reach the final of the FA Cup. I had lets say 47 points with 30 games or so and Arsenal had 48 with two more games, so obviously I only had to win one and I'd be 1st and I'd probably win the league. At the same time I lost to Man Utd in the semi final of the FA Cup. Reputation goes down. I beat Hull City in the competition, but Arsenal also played a game so the game evaluated my position....as second, while Arsenal was only first because they played 2 more games than me. So I was sacked. Bunch of bs.

Another thing. Game with Arsenal, had to qualify for the Champions League and qualify for final of FA Cup. Once again lose in the Semi Final and my reputation goes down drastically. I WIN the league, which was above the board's expectations and my reputation goes up maybe 5%. So when you achieve something special your rep goes up only slightly, when you lose in the semi final instead of the final, big whoop, you almost get sacked. >_<

As Leeds I won League 1, won the League Cup Final against Fulham (7-0 no less) and am currently first in the Championship after about half of the season gone and on the verge of progressing from the group stage of the Europa League.

I'm only rated a half star manager. What more do they want?!

Having just made the step up from Semi-pro to professional, I'm finding that the game decides 90% of my shots go right at the keeper. Having said that I seem to hit the woodwork far more too. And that for the first time in FIFA I'm encountering the odd "pro-evoesque" bit of the game not passing/shooting/tackling when I tell it but it's only a little.

But these are minor quibbles cos it's a lot more fun then cruising 95% of games on semi-pro and unlike Pro Evo on the higher settings the CPU actually plays better against you rather than the game just being more of a cunt to you. Loving me some FIFA right now.

Getting into the Virtual Pro stuff more lately. Never thought I would, but since creating my guy, I've been more hooked at using him and playing the online club stuff, even if it is annoying as hell sometimes. I've not joined a club or anything yet, so I'm just playing the basic games online with others, which means from time to time you get the usual idiots who are either terrible, piss about, bring the keeper out like a div or refuse to pass the ball. It also annoys the hell out of me as to how hardly anybody actually wants to play in defence or sometimes even midfield and you get eight people up front.

Must say that Manager Mode is a huge let down though. It's just like they've focused so much on other areas and not this area, meaning the MM has taken about ten steps back. There's just so many little things they could of added in to make it that bit more enjoyable, exciting and lastable. Certainly something they need to focus on this year.

The woodwork thing hasn't happened to me since I switched the assistance off. Gotused to not having any assists on (aside from semi for passing, which is just ridiculous on full manual) but it's a lot more rewarding.

Recently made the move to world class difficulty but it can be so frustrating sometimes. I'm good at restricting the oppositions chances, but when they do get through I'm usually appalling in defence.