Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

From the official World Cup regulations:

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;

b) goal difference in all group matches;

c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria,

their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between

the teams concerned;

e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the

teams concerned;

f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the

teams concerned;

g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

It would seem England fell foul to a simulated version of the latter.

Firstly not FM 2010 but I always found it amusing.

-Alex Ferguson usually always became manager of Doncaster in my games when I took over United.

Now back to business, does AFC Wimbledon have incredible cup runs in all your games?

I know SI sponsor them but they seem to do rather better than they should in cups.

How to assure your place in the starting line-up when it's 2016 and your FM-playing manager, who has just joined the club, has no idea who most players are:

Have a name like FALCON.

That is all.

Still playing 08, with Benfica. Just started the 5th season, won 3 leagues in a row. My objective is to stay 10 years here, so, halfway through.

I play in a 3-4-1-2, with this lineup:

GK: Mehdi Baha (regen, great goalkeeper, had to sell Mandanda to give him the starting spot. From Morocco)

CB: David Luiz

CB: Garay

CB: Jack Hobbs

LM: Di Maria

CM: Jasper Stewart (another regen, great player, bought 2 seasons ago in a free. Dutch)

CM: Hernanes

RM: Arshavin

AMC: Diego

ST: Oscar Cardozo

ST: Eddie Appleby (another regen, bought in 2009-2010. Jamaican)

Also started coaching Nigeria after the CAN 2011, where they didn't got through the group stage. Currently 1st in my Group

Oh I love Oscar Cardozo! I signed him in my Tottenham game for £16 million. I was a bit worried of the risk because I spent so much on him but he was top scorer in both of his first two seasons, helping me win my first ever league title on FM10 in the second so it was well worth it.

My plan for this season was to ease him off a bit because he's getting a bit old. However, my £27.5 million spent on Edin Dzeko hasn't seen much of a return so far so Cardozo is back in the team and still scoring.

Does anyone know a European country that can easily transfer in Asian players? I wanted to do a Middle Eat All-Star style team but the work permits are cock blocking me right now.

Arg. Apparently Scotland doesn't count either.

:shifty:

What other countries have lenient to non-existent foreign player policies similar to Scotland/England?

Edited by Hajjhowe

My only good left-back has been whinging about wanting to leave for months, so when Inter Milan come in with £24 million for him in December I think "Let's get it over with and sell him then. I can get a good replacement for half that."

So I let the deal go through then go looking through Player Search for good left-backs.

...And there aren't any.

Well, there's one, but he's at Manchester United and Steve Bruce absolutely refuses to negotiate selling him to Chelsea bastards such as I.

Shit. :(

I also need to find a good striker, though he can be a bench-warmer if necessary, while the left-back needs to be a starter. This is going to be a difficult January transfer window.

I edited a North American database I downloaded so Vancouver, Montreal, Portland and I also edited Puerto Rico into it. Currently only Vancouver and Puerto Rico have done well in any way at all.

I've been trying to get a good team balance despite my propensity for not being able to get the MLS restrictions right ever. :shifty:

Joe Cole is pretty much destroying everyone. If the team could defend it would be great though.