Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

If this were USM then I would be reading the headline "St. Patrick's Athletic are quick on the draw!"

Our last game was a stunning 3-3 draw with Bohemians. Not bad considering I have taken over the side until at least the end of the season to try and save them from relegation, sadly drawing has not guaranteed that we're totally safe. We are three points off bottom place Shelbourne with a game to go. Cork are worse off though as they're a point behind them.

It seems that if we win or draw against Shamrock Rovers in our last game, we're into the relegation play off. If we lose and Cork and Shels win, we're relegated. I've never actually been in a relegation fight on FM before I don't think.

This makes no sense, I'm suddenly in a huge rut with Man City. Was cruising to the title, doing well in FA Cup and Champions League. Suddenly the Italian Man City in my game, Genoa, beats me via penalties in the first knock-out stage of the CL because Lahm, Tevez AND Sanchez all missed :mellow: I draw against Cardiff, draw against Reading in FA Cup so need another match which sucks, lose to Bolton at home because of horrible mistakes in the back >_< So weird, world class team but they're playing like Southend or something. Srna is in a reeeaally bad spell, time for a new RB in the summer. It's as if I changed something in my tactics but I didn't.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Football Manager and Champ Man before it, you always get a mid-season lag. It's why you do have to change things around and try different tactics/players.

And USM. :wub:

Edited by YI

Football Manager and Champ Man before it, you always get a mid-season lag. It's why you do have to change things around and try different tactics/players.

And USM. :wub:

Yeah but I rarely had it like this, but altered my tactics a bit and it's going fine again. (H) Perhaps the enemies start adapting to your tactic...

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Wait, what's USM? And is it better than FM?

Ultimate Soccer Manager, a group of games from the end of the 90's. Involved more stuff, like building stands and organising board sponsors, concessions and that kinda shit. Not as realistic, but awesomely fun.

You could also bung teams for players, bet on your own team winning/losing, and other under-handed stuff.

As for FM, am I the only person who seems to have problems in the second season all the time? If a game ever catches me enough for me to go through a whole season, my team always goes through a major 2nd season rut, no matter what.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Depends, was Promotion Wars better than TEW?

Was it?! :w00t:

Point taken. Thanks for saving me the time of even looking it up.

I didn't mean it one-sided. TEW's the better game but I'd say PW might be more fun despite (or because of) its lack of depth. :P

Ultimate Soccer Manager, a group of games from the end of the 90's. Involved more stuff, like building stands and organising board sponsors, concessions and that kinda shit. Not as realistic, but awesomely fun.

You could also bung teams for players, bet on your own team winning/losing, and other under-handed stuff.

As for FM, am I the only person who seems to have problems in the second season all the time? If a game ever catches me enough for me to go through a whole season, my team always goes through a major 2nd season rut, no matter what.

I'm currently in my second season as City and am performing no where near to what I did last year. Adebayor has become the wank after scoring 28 league goals last year and Tevez is injured for the season (25 goals, 30 assists in season one. He's a huge miss). I am still top of the league by a couple of points half way through the year but first season I was about 15 points ahead by then.

So yeah, I'm still doing great, including making the knock outs of the Champion's League above Barcelona in my group (along with Monaco and Ajax, a fucker of a group). My cup games are going much better but I'm find games that last year I would have won by four or five, I'm just scraping despite dominating play. That said, I did spank United 4-0. Beautiful.

So, to summarize, it's going great. <_<

I'm in my second season and it's harder but then again I have been promoted so it always was going to be :P

The Newcastle board being the ambitious (unrealistic) board they are have set me the minimum expectation of finishing mid table and gave me £20 million in the summer to go out and achieve that.

So I bought in Muamba and M. Diarra to give my team 2 DMCs, as well as the already agreed deals of Dudek and Gosling, then added Bent for £7.5 million to give my team a player capable of scoring at this level and secured 3 loan signings in Maxwell, Naughton and Diouf (Man Utd one, back for his second stint with us). Also snapped up Aiden McGeady for a cut price £5 million with Ameobi and Smith going to Celtic in return, also loaned out Kevin Nolan to them and sold off LuaLua, Lovenkrands and Krul. In the end got £10 million through sales and spent £16 million, meaning I keep back a bit for a splurge in January.

So far the season has been average, I've been stunning in the Europa League having won all my games in my group so far (2 more to go and I'm already in the next stage). Done very well at home, managing to beat Arsenal 3-2 there, but have been DREADFUL away, have lost all 6 games and by big scorelines each time, so far conceded 19 goals away from home and scored 5. Have tried all types of things and I just can't seem to get the luck away, therefore I'm setting the target of 10 points away from home and 30 at home to hopefully survive. Starting to think I should have invested in a strong centre back rather than attacking players like McGeady and Bent... oh well I guess I'm doing things the Newcastle way...

Saved St. Pats from relegation. 8 games into the new season and we're 4th. The only teams to beat us were Bohs and Dundalk (1st and 2nd) although they did thump is 3-0 and 4-1. :shifty: