Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

Downloaded a stat update (although it was done about a day before Joe Cole joined Liverpool :( ) and started a new game as Liverpool. Won the Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League in the first season without making too many changes to the squad. Got Gio Van Bronckhurst in to bulk up the left back position and let the likes of Degen/El Zhar/Kyrgiakos go, making a profit of around £14m that summer. Didn't do any more major business in January, apart from signing Jordan Spence, but he's still in the reserves with Carragher tutoring him.

Christian Purslow took over from Tom Hicks as chairman in February, and with the prize money coupled with about 5 new sponsorship deals I got a £46m transfer budget to play with. Sold off a few players - Maxi (Lyon, £9.5m), Jovanovic (Hoffenheim, £7m) and Cavalieri (AC Milan, £4m), and have spent around £55m. Now my first team squad is:

GK. Reina/Gulacsi

DR. Johnson/Stephen Darby

DL. Insua/Van Bronckhurst

DC. Agger/Westermann/Carragher

DC. Skrtel/Kelly

MC. Mascherano/Defour

MC. Lucas/Veloso

AMR. Kuyt/Babel

AML. Vukcevic/Riera/Babel

AMC. Gerrard/Aquilani

ST. Torres/N'Gog

Quite a few promising young players that are always in the first team squad now as well. Plessis, Shelvey, Pacheco and Nemeth got a decent amount of games last season, and because Martin Kelly can cover CB and RB he ended up playing about 30 games overall. Also got into the England team for their final gamebefore the World Cup, and I think he would've got into the squad if he hadn't picked up an injury during the match. On top of that lot there's players like Bouzanis, Ayala, Irwin, Bruna etc. who can all come into Carling Cup/early round FA Cup squads and put in decent performances, so the overall squad depth is pretty good.

edit: Just as I post that, new Arsenal boss Roberto Mancinci (Wenger replaced him at Man City in the summer) has bid £6m + a 20% sell on clause for Bruna. Hah, mug.

Anyone know if there's an edt. file out there that gives you the correct World Cup Group Fixtures?

I remember an old FM got updated to have them and changed all the qualifiers to friendly matches...that was an official patch though IIRC.

http://www.zshare.net/download/775616594c06520d/

Not tried it myself but it seems alright.

Found another one saying this:

How did I do it? :

Well, basically, I have load, reload a hundred times a save game to obtain the real 32 qualified teams. For the draw, it was more complicated as I have to change the FIFA coefficient for almost each team (with FMRTE) to obtain the real 8 groups with the right 4 teams. However, there are still some problems that I can’t manage. (1) The groups themselves like South Africa, France, Uruguay and Mexico in group A. I am not sure what are the rules in FM but I am pretty sure for example that Italy is always drawn in group A because Italy is the current world champion. I did not succeed also to put Chili and Algeria in the right group. Sorry about that. So it is not perfect but I hope that you will enjoy this V1 and hope to provide one day a perfect V2.

Ugh...must have been a nightmare

Depending on what leagues you load you can choose different starting dates. Say if you load Ireland you can start the game in January or with Brazil I think you can start in December. The game gives you the option of picking where you want to start based on the leagues you choose to load.

Depending on what leagues you load you can choose different starting dates. Say if you load Ireland you can start the game in January or with Brazil I think you can start in December. The game gives you the option of picking where you want to start based on the leagues you choose to load.

I know about that, But I'm saying via the editor so I can change the starting date if I was to play in England. (I want to start it in either Aug/Sep) (Oh and if I try to load Brazil for Dec it takes twice as long as usual :(). Thanks anyway thumbsup.gif

Just started a game up as Millwall last night. Brought in Danny Rose, Barazite on loan for 3 months. Also brought in Fred Sears on loan for the season and he's the top scorer for the team.

It is January now and we're 10 points off second place Colchester. We're 3rd at the moment and it definitely looks like we have wrapped up a play off spot.

Anyone know if there's an edt. file out there that gives you the correct World Cup Group Fixtures?

I remember an old FM got updated to have them and changed all the qualifiers to friendly matches...that was an official patch though IIRC.

How did I do it? :

Well, basically, I have load, reload a hundred times a save game to obtain the real 32 qualified teams. For the draw, it was more complicated as I have to change the FIFA coefficient for almost each team (with FMRTE) to obtain the real 8 groups with the right 4 teams. However, there are still some problems that I cant manage. (1) The groups themselves like South Africa, France, Uruguay and Mexico in group A. I am not sure what are the rules in FM but I am pretty sure for example that Italy is always drawn in group A because Italy is the current world champion. I did not succeed also to put Chili and Algeria in the right group. Sorry about that. So it is not perfect but I hope that you will enjoy this V1 and hope to provide one day a perfect V2.

that second option sounds like hell! I'll try the save and see what happens, cheers for the assist :-)

EDIT: Ok tried loading it and the file is "Real Groups.fm" Tried adding it in a bunch of places but nothing goes, anyone have any idea about where to install it? Typically there were no instal instructions...

:-)

Edited by marksbros6

I love setting my game start date as January 2010 (Russia) but sadly, I can't do it with this update I have. Everytime I click to start the game up, it loads for awhile, then I get a message saying "array access out of bounds" and the game closes. Never had a problem like this before, so I don't know why it's happening. Oh well, I will just play with the default start date and do a full season for once.

Yeah, it's annoying, first time it's happened for me though on FM10. I got transfer budgets off in the first window for once too, so going to work with what I have. Probably going to go with my usual 3 - 3 - 1 - 3 formation.

Also, marksbros6, you tried putting the file in your editor data folder? That's where most stat updates go, so if you haven't try put the file there. My documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2010 - Editor Data.

Edited by Sick N Twisted

140044920-6bd845e2adc0706e5819b022c7737b10.4c58ad80-full.jpg

Hursayni and Thomas Butler are out but this is a fine side none the less. Alan Quinn is unhappy I don't play him. Because he's a piece of shit who plays like crap so I stick him in the B team.

In my 3rd season as Fulham, and with 10 games to go, what started looking like a mid-table season for the 3rd year running has unexpectedly transformed into a big push for the Champions League. Probably will fall off, but a UEFA Cup place would be great.

How did I do it? :

Well, basically, I have load, reload a hundred times a save game to obtain the real 32 qualified teams. For the draw, it was more complicated as I have to change the FIFA coefficient for almost each team (with FMRTE) to obtain the real 8 groups with the right 4 teams. However, there are still some problems that I can’t manage. (1) The groups themselves like South Africa, France, Uruguay and Mexico in group A. I am not sure what are the rules in FM but I am pretty sure for example that Italy is always drawn in group A because Italy is the current world champion. I did not succeed also to put Chili and Algeria in the right group. Sorry about that. So it is not perfect but I hope that you will enjoy this V1 and hope to provide one day a perfect V2.

that second option sounds like hell! I'll try the save and see what happens, cheers for the assist :-)

EDIT: Ok tried loading it and the file is "Real Groups.fm" Tried adding it in a bunch of places but nothing goes, anyone have any idea about where to install it? Typically there were no instal instructions...

:-)

Sounds like a saved game so put it in your games folder within the my documents football manager folder

Got Parkvilla up to 2nd in the league, a point behind Sligo Rovers. Sold the whiny Alan Quinn back to Ipswich for €650,000 (50K less than what we paid for him from them but meh) and I also sold Willie McLaren to Notts County and that pretty much makes up for the loss of the 50K. Also I bought Rafeal Creataro from Sligo who is the leagues top scorer in dastardly tactical manoeuvrings. We're about 17 games in so far, a lot left to play for but there is a chance we might achieve the goal of winning both divisions in 2 years. I have never done that on FM.

Does anyone like to set themselves objectives/scenarios for a game?

I remember on 08 I think I started a game as England manager and I only allowed myself 2 players over 22 in the squad, was real fun.

Starting a game as Man City trying to build a team comprised of only players from former Yugoslavian countries (Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia & Slovenia), with at least 1 player from each country, so I need a token Montenegrin.

yugocity.jpg

My Yugoslavian City side! :D

Jovetic is going to be so awesome, him and Vucinic are 2 gems, it's a shame the rest of the Montenegrin team are a million miles (and pounds) away from them.

Edited by Version Dan