AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Fantastic episode to complete a string of 2-3 episodes of high quality.

I loved the way that certain character deaths in previous episodes meant that I watched this entire episode expecting to see another major character (or three) drop off. It ratcheted up the tension a whole bunch and really had me on the edge of my seat throughout the opening 15-20 minutes of the episode.

The three big reveals for next season have me hopeful it will be fantastic as well. For all the complaining I did about the slow pace of life on the farm, that idyllic setting was well established so the conclusion really hit home.

1. Long like the Ricktatorship

2. Michonne!

3. The Jail + last week's governor casting

Can't wait.

Edited by ChrisWalkerBush

Regarding Lori

How I immediately took her anger is that she's upset that Rick didn't share the "we're all infected" news with her. She struggled with whether or not to go through with childbirth in this world. And in the end the decision was that the child should be kept for "hope" and "life going on". Rick was a big proponent of that. Now, he shares news that no matter what, they're fucked. You could live to be 90, and die of old age, but you'll still be cursed with being a walker. There is no hope.

How I immediately took her anger is that she's upset that Rick didn't share the "we're all infected" news with her. She struggled with whether or not to go through with childbirth in this world. And in the end the decision was that the child should be kept for "hope" and "life going on". Rick was a big proponent of that. Now, he shares news that no matter what, they're fucked. You could live to be 90, and die of old age, but you'll still be cursed with being a walker. There is no hope.

I'd have bought that if her anger had come after the revelation. But it came after he spent a good deal of explaining that not only had he killed Shane, but that he was glad to be done worrying about it. Her timing was just way off.

Her anger came the second he said that Carl was involved. I think that's the main thing she was angry at. Not that Rick never shared information or that he killed Shane. It was the fact that in Lori's mind, Rick allowed Carl to shoot down someone who had been his friend and parent while Rick was gone. I don't think Rick ever explained that Shane nearly attacked him before Carl shot him. It may have been a slightly less angry reaction if he had.

HOLY CRAP BALLS. That was awesome.

Everything LL said regarding..

The badass chick and the prison I echo. No idea what is gonna happen regarding either, but I'm so pumped. Michonne, is it?, her showing up and saving Andrea was fantastic. AND SHE HAS PET ZOMBIES? WTF. And a prison? Oh man, that's gonna be crazy.

Oh and totally unrelated but fuck off Mad Men. You're not going to convince me I'll like you because I like Walking Dead. Please give up now.

Making a joke-y commercial as crosspromotion! THOSE FIENDS.

Me having to watch like 12 of them in the last 3 episodes! But haha no it shouldn't be annoying at all.

And Lori's emotional reactions are weirdly timed? Will no one take into account the fact that she is pregnant?

Oh and totally unrelated but fuck off Mad Men. You're not going to convince me I'll like you because I like Walking Dead. Please give up now.

Making a joke-y commercial as crosspromotion! THOSE FIENDS.

Me having to watch like 12 of them in the last 3 episodes! But haha no it shouldn't be annoying at all.

And Lori's emotional reactions are weirdly timed? Will no one take into account the fact that she is pregnant?

We will if you take into account she's been like this the whole series so far

For those confused about the debuting character at the end, do some research on said character. What you saw nearby is far more fucked up than you think.

-Glad to see the Michonne, aka the Samuel L. Jackson of The Walking Dead finally show up.

-Please let Rick get thwacked by The Governor early on in S3. I want to see what this group is like without their new dictator.

-The fact everyone's infected is effectively the show's crutch to keep it going as long as AMC wants it to. So it's kind of a 'meh' thing to me as a viewer.

-Calling it: Lori goes completely mental by the end of this coming season. I'm on the brink of saying she dies, but the way her character is, she has a lot more in common with Shane than I realized.

For those confused about the debuting character at the end, do some research on said character. What you saw nearby is far more fucked up than you think.

-Glad to see the Michonne, aka the Samuel L. Jackson of The Walking Dead finally show up.

-Please let Rick get thwacked by The Governor early on in S3. I want to see what this group is like without their new dictator.

-The fact everyone's infected is effectively the show's crutch to keep it going as long as AMC wants it to. So it's kind of a 'meh' thing to me as a viewer.

-Calling it: Lori goes completely mental by the end of this coming season. I'm on the brink of saying she dies, but the way her character is, she has a lot more in common with Shane than I realized.

Lori is a pretty interesting one really, I cant wait to see where they go with her. Could they possibly even have her die during giving birth, leading to her becoming a walker? Or even better, ZOMBIE BABY?

:w00t:

Must say that was a brilliant season. I never got the complaints from some about the early half of it being slow and 'boring'. I thought they did it all spot on. Rather than rush things, they really built everything up throughout the entire season and eventually delivered within the finale.

Never read the comics and continue to try to avoid the one million spoilers about them online, but my goodness I don't even need to see a spoiler to know this new character is god damn awesome.

Only downside is the long ass wait ahead for Season 3 :(

That would be an incredibly ballsy move for them to kill Rick next season. Somehow I doubt they'll do that though since Rick is the main character of the show. Also I didn't like the zombie baby in the Dawn of the Dead remake and I really don't want to see that ruin a good show like this.

That would be an incredibly ballsy move for them to kill Rick next season. Somehow I doubt they'll do that though since Rick is the main character of the show. Also I didn't like the zombie baby in the Dawn of the Dead remake and I really don't want to see that ruin a good show like this.

Actually, I didn't quite mean that. Comic spoilers ahoy!

Ol' Gubner severs Rick's right hand. Doesn't kill him.

Short elaboration?