EWBFL (X360)

Cactus Drags

DYSI? (49ers, 4-7) jumps straight into the action in week 13 with a user/user battle against Eddie's Seahawks (9-2). Eddie, DYSI's yet to accept his invite, so make sure you don't play the AI instead. The only other user/user game this week takes place in Chicago, where my Bears (7-4) play host to Tits McGee and the 9-2 Rams.

Q3 Progress Report

Standings

(Colours denote same divisions)

Denver (meacon) - 9-2 (W7)

St. Louis (Tits McGee) - 9-2 (W4)

Houston (HoodedMandarin) 9-2 (W4)

New Orleans (mystikz) - 9-2 (W2)

Seattle (Ekin Jones) - 8-3 (L1)

Chicago (Dragsy) - 7-4 (L1)

Green Bay (Srar) - 6-5 (L1)

San Fransisco (DYSI?) - 4-7 (W1)*

Fallen comrades

Oakland (Biggz) - 10-1 (W10)

New England (Fitzy) - 7-4 (L1)

Dallas (LL) - 7-4 (L2)

Carolina (Slogger) - 6-5 (L2)

San Diego (DYSI?) - 5-6 (W1)

NY Giants (Cole) - 5-6 (L4)

Arizona (Hugar) - 2-9 (L1)

Kansas City (Typical Phenom) 0-11 (L11)

Notes:

The Cardinals have not won a game since Hugar was in charge.

Biggz' domination with the Raiders (ten game win streak, one loss) is/was ridiculous. Shame he left.

Kansas Shitty more like.

*DYSI hasn't played any of those games.

The NFC North clearly sucks.

All user teams have winning records. All-Pro too easy?

User Offensive Leaders

Passing:

M. Hasselbeck (Seattle/Ekin) - 265/354 3249 yds. 37 TD/13 INT

D. Brees (Saints/mystikz) - 230/342 2637 yds. 25 TD/11 INT

A. Rodgers (Packers/Srar) - 155/319 2339 yds. 17 TD/25 INT

Rushing:

S. Slaton (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 977 yds. 176 ATT (5.5 AVG) 9 TD

S. Jackson (Rams/Tits McGee) - 952 yds. 178 ATT(5.3 AVG) 6 TD

K. Moreno (Broncos/meacon) - 919 yds. 183 ATT(5.0 AVG) 9 TD

Receiving:

D. Branch (Seahawks/Ekin) - 879 yds. 63 recs. (13.95 AVG) 12 TD

A. Johnson (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 863 yds. 48 recs. (17.97 AVG) 7 TD

G. Jennings (Packers/Srar) - 686 yds. 39 recs. (17.58) 7 TD

Notes:

Aaron Rodgers had thrown 11 picks by the first statistical round-up. Drew Brees has thrown 11 all season.

Both Matt Forte and Darren McFadden have dropped off the face of the earth since Q1. DMc's average halved, Forte took twice as long to earn barely as many yards as he did in Q1.

Of the top three, Moreno has had the most opportunities, and gained the least yards.

Deion Branch not only leads EWB users, but the entire league in receiving (yardage, TDs). Fellow Seahawk Matt Hasselbeck (passing yards, TDs) and Saints halfback Reggie Bush (rushing TDs - 11) are the only other league-leading user-controlled offensive player.

The Bears offense has apparently died on its arse.

User Defensive Leaders

Tackles:

D. Ryans (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 55

C. June (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 47

J. Vilma (New Orleans/mystikz) - 45

Sacks:

M. Thomas (Broncos/meacon) - 12

B. McCray (Saints/mystikz) - 7

D. Tapp (Seahawks/Ekin) - 6

Interceptions:

R. Bartell (Rams/Tits McGee) - 6

A. Harris (Packers/Srar) - 6

N. Collins (Packers/Srar) - 5

Forced Fumbles:

B. Urlacher (Bears/Dragsy) - 6

L. Briggs (Bears/Dragsy) - 5

N. Ferguson (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 3

Notes:

Marcus Thomas of the Broncos is the only player in the league to have a double-digit sack total.

Srar's Harris/Collins combo accounts for 45% of the Packers' total interceptions.

The Bears fuckin' rule at stripping the pigskin. Urlacher has twice as many forces than third-place Nick Ferguson of the Texans, and three times as many as divisional rival Atari Bigby (fourth with 2).

Other noteworthy stats:

The Broncos (16), Bears (14) and Packers (24) all have 5 interceptions returned for touchdowns. The Rams (27) lead with 8, whilst the Saints (13), Texans (12) and Seahawks (17) have yet to record a single one. (INT totals in brackets). Tye Hill has the longest INT return at 105 yards (Champ Bailey has one for 104).

Chicago has forced 20 fumbles (11 were recovered by the Bears, 3 of which were returned for touchdowns). the Broncos have a 100% touchdown return rate on fumble recoveries (3/3). Even more impressive, they're defense has only failed to recover once.

The Bears (2) and Broncos are the only user teams to record a safety this season.

Devin Hester has 2138 kick/punt return yards (5 TDs) - 1663 more yards than he has receiving.

Of the 4 user players currently sidelined with injuries, two of them (Tracy Porter and Eddie Royal) have broken collarbones.

The longest field goal kicked by a user player was 51 yards by Denver's Matt Prater (I think the stat tracking is broken though, because four kickers have made several field goals, but have a long of 0).

I'm playing better than I expected, hopefully when I play some more user games I can pick up a win or two.

Instead of adding a post, I'll add to this one. A costly victory over Jacksonville this week, 27-3, but Steve Slayton is out for the remainder of the season (and most of the postseason as well) with a broken forearm.

Another fumble return for a touchdown for Denver. And Prater nailed a 56-yard field goal. Marcus Thomas added five more sacks. Moreno and Makino each had another 100 yards + with a touchdown. We had a chance to kill the clock at the end, but it's Kansas Shitty, so I scored again. Final was 48-3. I'm feeling pretty good about my squad at this point.

There was some weird shit going on in that game. It wasn't laggy as in jumpy, but a couple of occasions it'd seem to take ages for it to respond to a button press and I'd get taken out of position. And Hester running 10 yards backwards after the screen, despite me holding up on the left stick was utter bullshit. Still, I was generally outplayed, the right team won, but there shouldn't have been as many scores.