He crossed the ball in from the left

It landed right on Riise's head

That's why we love Salomon Kalou

I'm too busy being pleased to think up new lyrics for the middle bit. :shifty:

Edit:

BALLS. >_< >_< 2-1

So. Let's recap.

* Legitimate penalty call ignored.

* A single goal deficit which requires us to beat an Italian team managed by José Mourinho looking for a 0-0 draw.

* Our goalkeeper potentially out for God knows how long. And apparently our backup keeper is incapable of kicking a ball.

Not in any way confident. :(

So. Let's recap.

* Legitimate penalty call ignored.

* A single goal deficit which requires us to beat an Italian team managed by José Mourinho looking for a 0-0 draw.

* Our goalkeeper potentially out for God knows how long. And apparently our backup keeper is incapable of kicking a ball.

Not in any way confident. :(

The only real worrying thing is the goal keeper being out. Outside of that, Chelsea should advance to the next stage. There's a reason Inter have a piss poor record against the English and in the CL for that matter, because they're simply not on the level of the top teams. If Chelsea play as well as they can, I don't see them having much of a problem. They could of certainly got a draw last night and I'd expect them to score a few against Inter at home. I also highly doubt Mourinho will come to Chelsea looking for a 0-0 (not to say he wouldn't be happy with that to advance), because he of all people knows the worst thing they can do is try to hold Chelsea to a result like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Nasri with goal of the season. That was amazing. My neighbours must have thought I caught my dick in a mousetrap or something, I shouted so loud. Not long after he cleared the ball from his own line using his COCK.

AND ANOTHER GOAL!

Johnny, you're so right. This is great viewing. 4-0 to Arsenal.

• Like 1

The second goal was disgusting. I'm not even an Arsenal fan and I already struggle to watch that replay any more. From the cheap quick taking to the referee blatantly standing in the way of a defender. It felt like Porto suddenly had a twelve player on the pitch.

Yeah, that is how most of the Portuguese League games feel

And yeah, Porto said goodbye to next year's Champions League as well, because they are sucking in the league, since they are 8 points from 2nd (Braga) and 11 from 1st (Benfica)

The second goal was disgusting. I'm not even an Arsenal fan and I already struggle to watch that replay any more. From the cheap quick taking to the referee blatantly standing in the way of a defender. It felt like Porto suddenly had a twelve player on the pitch.

Yeah, that is how most of the Portuguese League games feel

I don't come in this thread often, but there was actually a consensus view that Porto shouldn't have taken the free-kick early? Against Arsenal, who have profitted off that kinda tactic more often than anyone? The blame for every aspect of that goal was the Arsenal defence, from the backpass itself, to the goalie handing the ref the ball and then turning his back, to Campbell not getting back in position and moping about the mistake.

As for yesterday's game, great performance by Arsenal, and I don't think it was ever in doubt. Outside of the two cock-ups in the first leg, Arsenal were the better team in Porto, and there was little doubt from me they were going to go through.

I don't think the referee should've given the ball back to Porto so quickly. They had every right to take it quickly but the ref essentially gifted them a goal by demanding the ball from Fabianski and giving it to them straight away. That was better than a penalty on so many levels - Fabianski had no time to react whatsoever. Some common sense and a backbone would've been good there methinks. But yeah, Fabianski shouldn't have turned his back - and a more experienced goalie probably would've holded off on giving the ball back but he probably didn't know what to do.

English teams' dominance of Europe is getting silly now. I can't see anybody knocking Arsenal out bar Man Utd or Chelsea and since I consider them the weakest of the three in Europe, I just don't get who'll be able to stop them. Maybe Real Madrid on current form, Barcelona if they get their act together... they could probably take Chelsea too but I can't see anybody challenging a fully fit Man Utd at the moment.

• Like 1

I don't think the referee should've given the ball back to Porto so quickly. They had every right to take it quickly but the ref essentially gifted them a goal by demanding the ball from Fabianski and giving it to them straight away. That was better than a penalty on so many levels - Fabianski had no time to react whatsoever. Some common sense and a backbone would've been good there methinks. But yeah, Fabianski shouldn't have turned his back - and a more experienced goalie probably would've holded off on giving the ball back but he probably didn't know what to do.

People discussed it at my work the next day, and the feeling was that if you infringe and are penalised, arguably you have no right to halt the other team whilst you saunter back, prepare you defensive wall just how you want it and then let them take their free-kick. You've been penalised for breaking the rules in some way, the opposition should always have the benefit of taking their free-kick to suit them. If that means quickly, then quickly it is. It was a strange circumstance, but I definitely don't think it was wrong for them to do it.

• Like 1

People discussed it at my work the next day, and the feeling was that if you infringe and are penalised, arguably you have no right to halt the other team whilst you saunter back, prepare you defensive wall just how you want it and then let them take their free-kick. You've been penalised for breaking the rules in some way, the opposition should always have the benefit of taking their free-kick to suit them. If that means quickly, then quickly it is. It was a strange circumstance, but I definitely don't think it was wrong for them to do it.

Except the referee was blocking Sol Campbell. And I thought generally the keeper should be allowed to get into position, considering he was returning the ball to the referee.