UEFA Champions League 2009/10 Thread

stokeriño

Funny how they nearly won the game, Stuttgart started off at 100mph and they were never going to be able to keep it up.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, especially after they looked awful after 10 minutes <_<

But yeah I'll admit I was wrong, but I guess my prediction of a Scottish team getting humbled DID come true.

Rangers when away never show up till the second half...even in Scotland. It is something that needs addressed before it costs us any more points, and Celtic losing away is a given. The bookies won't take bets on Celtic away soon. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's a kick in the teeth result wise but we can take heart from how we played and the fact that Unirea and Stuttgart drew 1-1. If we can get 3 points from Unirea next (which I think we will) then we're still very much in it.

Goodbye Rangers sad.gif

It's weird to see an English team struggling so much as Liverpool and Arsenal are doing at the moment. I guess they've just got too used to winning eventually that they messed up early ¬_¬

I wouldn't worry too much about the English teams. Liverpool will be confident of matching what Fiorentina did to them at Anfield. It's just a case of whether they can get the better of Lyon over the two games. It's gonna be interesting, but I still think Liverpool will win their group.

I sort of half expected Fiorentina to get something out of us today, so I wasn't really surprised they did. Skrtel looked like he picked up an injury, maybe playing Danny Agger wouldn't hurt too much since Skrtel (and Carra) have been shit this season.

If any of the defenders is going to get dropped for Agger it should be Carragher. He's been declining for the best part of two seasons, and now our game and the way we play has evolved to the point where every single weakness he has is being exposed in practically every game. Of course we know that won't happen because he speaks with a certain accent which means that any concerns raised about his form are met with YOU FUCKING WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR ON ABOUT HE ORGANISES!!!!!!!

If any of the defenders is going to get dropped for Agger it should be Carragher. He's been declining for the best part of two seasons, and now our game and the way we play has evolved to the point where every single weakness he has is being exposed in practically every game. Of course we know that won't happen because he speaks with a certain accent which means that any concerns raised about his form are met with YOU FUCKING WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR ON ABOUT HE ORGANISES!!!!!!!

I was going on the assumption of "If Skrtel is injured..." because it's not like Carragher will be dropped. No matter how many players he accidentally headbutts, how many own goals he scores or how many times he does something wrong. He and Gerrard are untouchable and it really allows them to play like shit an awful lot of the time. It's annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Growing calls for Benitez to go, and I'm really starting to agree with them. If they lose to Manchester United on Sunday they're in big, big trouble. I don't think they'll be sorted again until those bloody americans leave now either.

What the hell happened to Rangers tonight? They're atleast a bit better than that aren't they?

While it's fantastic to see Liverpool doing so poorly, I'm amazed that anybody would say Benitez needs to go. That's just beyond ridiculous.

Just my luck that the United game kicks off early today and therefore isn't on ITV/ITV 4. I'm hoping we at least get a decent length of highlights on the ITV late night show tonight, as I wont be able to watch this one on Sky Sports. Any type of a win would make me happy today.

4 defeats in a row - longest run in 22 years!

Gerrard needs a proper rest but Benitez can't afford to allow it cos without him Liverpool really are screwed.

Have you watched him at all this season? He's been absolutely dire, we've been better with Voronin playing off the striker.

• Like 1