UEFA Champions League 2009/10 Thread

stokeriño

The draw for the group stage is this afternoon, so why not.

Pot one

Barcelona

CHELSEA

LIVERPOOL

MANCHESTER UNITED

AC Milan

ARSENAL

Sevilla

Bayern Munich

Pot Two

Lyon

Inter Milan

Real Madrid

CSKA Moscow

Porto

AZ Alkmaar

Juventus

RANGERS

Pot Three

Olympiakos

Marseille

Dinamo Kiev

Stuttgart

Fiorentina

Atletico Madrid

Bordeaux

Besiktas

Pot Four

Wolfsburg

Standard Liege

Maccabi Haifa

FC Zurich

Rubin Kazan

Unirea Urziceni

APOEL Nicosia

Debrecen

Fixture dates:

15/16 September

29/30 September

20/21 October

3/4 November

24/25 November

8/9 December

Taking my somewhat cynical opinion of all UEFA's draws, I believe the question is not if, but in what round (Group/1st/Quaterfinals) will Carlo Ancelloti's Chelsea be inevitably drawn against Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan. :shifty:

I wouldn't say United always get easy draws. Celtic and Villareal aren't exactly shit from last year and previous to that we had Roma, Kyiv and Sporting. I wouldn't say we've had it completely easy.

This years draw looks really dangerous. I'd like us to certainly avoid Madrid, Inter and Juventus out of the second pot. I've also got a feeling we might draw Atletico Madrid for some reason, which I really hope we don't. Wont be a surprise to see Rangers paired with us either.

Barcelona/Inter would certainly be ironic. Is the draw at around 5ish or am I mistaken? And I take it that it'll be on Sky Sports News?

Barcelona/Inter would certainly be ironic. Is the draw at around 5ish or am I mistaken? And I take it that it'll be on Sky Sports News?

It will end like this: San Siro, Barcelona 4-0 Inter, 4 goals of Ibrahimovic, kissing the shirt every time. Riot all over the stadium with people asking "weren't you unable to score in Champions League ?".

You sir, have implied that Italian fans are prone to rioting and general mayhem! Slanderous :shifty:

I hope Liverpool get drawn with Unirea Urziceni! Cause that's my favorite team name in this years CL.

Aren't Unirea managed by Dan Petrescu too?

Anyways, I was coming in to say the following, but seem to have already been beaten to it which is ironic;

"How long till someone suggests the following groups?

Man Utd

Rangers

Besiktas

Debrecen

Liverpool

Real Madrid

Bordeaux

Wolfsburg"

Oh well.

Hey how about Liverpool vs. Chelsea at some stage too? etc. etc."

We all know how it goes I'm sure.

You sir, have implied that Italian fans are prone to rioting and general mayhem! Slanderous :shifty:

Don't you remember that once upon a time Inter supporters launched a scooter from their own stand ? A flare on the Milan goalkeeper ?

And by the way, I was ironic, not so much to be honest.

Edited by austin 3:16

Third Seeds

A: Bayern, Juventus, Bordeaux

B: Man Utd, CSKA Moscow, Besiktas

C: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille

D: Chelsea, Porto, Atletico Madrid

E: Liverpool, Lyon, Fiorentina

F: Barcelona, Inter Milan, Dynamo Kiev

G: Sevilla, Rangers, Stuttgart

H: Arsenal, AZ Alkmaar, Olympiakos

Man Utd have an easy group, Liverpool don't etc.

Surely Liverpool vs. Chelsea in the knockout stages then?

I dislike how TV rights and the like effect the draw so much.. Atletico surely would have preferred Arsenal and AZ Alkmaar's group but instead have to be put in with Chelsea and Porto because Sevilla and Barcelona are already in the E-H groups. Disappointing but not surprising that this is how it works.