College Football 2009 Season thread~!

ROC

Seriously....I hate Tim Tebow. I don't know who I hate more at this point....Tim Tebow or Brett Favre. Does Fox really need a Tebow Cam? http://tinyurl.com/tebowcam

How dare you hate on the Tebow Cam and it's greatness. No one chews ice like Tim Tebow.

First result I get from googling from brother's Twitter page sums up the game

@MrWilliams7 good job you guy look like a highschool team tonight .. Can you say overrated

Texas defense showed potential in the beginning. It just seems like the air was sucked out of them when McCoy went down

yeah, I'd say having the ball with 3 minutes left and only being down 3 isn't getting raped ... they showed how good of a team they are by coming back like that, and not allowing 'Bama to just take off. I'd have liked to see what the game would have been like with both teams having all of their impact players, but such is the game.

Congrats to 'Bama.

• Like 1

I had predicted Texas to win by three. And at the end of the game, my friend was laughing at my prediction. Of course, he didn't watch the game and just saw the score. Would've been a totally different game had McCoy been able to play. But that's how shit works in this wonderful world of football.

Can't say that I'm pleased. I can't stand Nick Saban, but he is a hell of a coach and Alabama deserved their title, no doubt.

I agree with many of you. It would have been a much different game had Colt McCoy not gotten hurt. Texas would have won, first of all. Texas was well on there way to just flat out dominating the game, getting those two turnovers in the first ten minutes or so. Although they only went to 6 points, the Longhorns were getting ready to dominate the game.

Alabama would not have been that aggressive against the Longhorns had Colt still been in the game. With Colt in there, Alabama was more focused on keeping Shipley and the other wide outs in front of them, instead with Gilbert in the game, Alabama blitzed the holy hell out of them and took advantage of the true freshman.

And fuck Nick Saban. I hate the guy.

Nothing about the reports of Pete Carrol becoming the HC of the Seahawks? ESPN is reporting that USC is already feeling some fallout, with other college contacts USC-committed recruits to see if they want to transfer

The NCAA needs to take USC's "self-imposed" penalties on the basketball team and slide them over to the football team. Chopping off the left hand to spare the right is no way to conduct business.

Surprising there's not been rumblings of the university looking to can Mike Garrett.

And gotta love Pete Carroll, the captain of the ship, diving onto the first lifeboat.