Kanye West is a bad man

METALMAN

... if it was Pink he interrupted I don't think Kanye would have walked away with his jaw intact. I'm pretty certain Pink wouldn't be above decking him for something like that, I'm... I'm pretty sure actually it'd have gotten more attention if he tried doing it to Pink than Taylor Swift.

And as an aside to the poster who said he got on stage with a live mic-- no he didn't. He got on stage and took Taylor's live mic, he didn't come on-stage mic-in-hand.

Sorry, a bit tired, so if I'm not making complete sense it's that and the alcohol.

Everyone said Kanye was a douche when he did this before, and it wasn't to an All-American Girl then. I really don't understand how you can form the opinions that you do other than a genuine want within yourself to be contrary no matter how illogical that would make you.

But when Kanye has done it in the past he didn't have everyone in America talking about it. People only care because he did it to Taylor Swift, the all-american girl. I know that argument is completely flawed and not entirely able to prove, but I think that it is an aspect of the intense media scrutiny.

And if someone didn't come around and say something contrary, discussion would be a bit boring, wouldn't it? I'm not saying these are my views, just nice to have someone speak up and try and pose contrary view points.

I don't find it hypocritical in the least. No one cracked down as hard on when he did it to Justice because no one gives a shit about Justice except for the niche crowd it's marketed to. Taylor Swift has become basically a household name, and it'd cause a shitstorm no matter who Kanye did it to, so long as it was someone popular. So your examples in particular, Pink, DMB, people with actual influence and popularity, would still draw a lot of media attention. And the fact that Taylor Swift is cute and innocent looking helps her as well. That's not hypocritical, that's how the world works.

Yeah, I guess hypocritical was the wrong word to choose; but I do disagree, I don't think if he did it to Pink or DMB it'd warrant the same kind of attention as if he did it to Taylor Swift... but agree to disagree. I just think that people are making a huge issue out of nothing really here, when he has done it in the past and in worst contexts. I just think all the backlash and attention isn't warranted at all, but it's how the industry and the media work. He stole the spotlight from a nice pretty blonde white teenage country girl who sold millions of records; obviously the media is going jump all over it and go crazy with it.

... if it was Pink he interrupted I don't think Kanye would have walked away with his jaw intact. I'm pretty certain Pink wouldn't be above decking him for something like that, I'm... I'm pretty sure actually it'd have gotten more attention if he tried doing it to Pink than Taylor Swift.

Ok, but that's an entirely different story... that's one celebrity physically attacking another celebrity live on television. If she had stood there and done nothing like Swift, I don't think there would be half of the reaction that happened after.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

The problem with bringing up what he did to Justice was that he did that in a venue where much less people were watching and paying attention and, yes, he did it to a much less famous act which is definitely a factor when it's already only happening at the MTV Europe awards. So he was ridiculed by a lot of people, but certainly very few people in the States are paying close attention to MTV Europe so it didn't get the same amount of play. If he did that to Pink or DMB at the actual VMAs or the Grammys, yes, I do think that he would be getting publicly lambasted for it even still. Maybe not as much for DMB admittedly, but for Pink? Sure, definitely.

• Like 1

Don't usually go in for the conspiracy theories, but there are a few things that seem suspicious about this. Beyonce, Kanye and Taylor Swift are all on the same record label. Kanye and Taylor are repped by the same person. And Taylor was already booked on The View, despite the fact that she didn't really have anything immediately to promote. So it gave Taylor some huge positive publicity, and it gave Kanye eyeballs for his performance with Jay-Z on Leno. Everyone got a ton of press, except maybe they didn't calculate Kanye getting quite this level of hatred. I don't necessarily think it's MTV planned (although they're obviously thrilled with the controversy), but someone at the label or management level seems to have foreseen Swift's sudden increase in buzz. That strikes me as suspicious.

Don't usually go in for the conspiracy theories, but there are a few things that seem suspicious about this. Beyonce, Kanye and Taylor Swift are all on the same record label. Kanye and Taylor are repped by the same person. And Taylor was already booked on The View, despite the fact that she didn't really have anything immediately to promote. So it gave Taylor some huge positive publicity, and it gave Kanye eyeballs for his performance with Jay-Z on Leno. Everyone got a ton of press, except maybe they didn't calculate Kanye getting quite this level of hatred. I don't necessarily think it's MTV planned (although they're obviously thrilled with the controversy), but someone at the label or management level seems to have foreseen Swift's sudden increase in buzz. That strikes me as suspicious.

Which Record Label are you referring to? According to Wiki, Taylor Swift is under Big Machine Records, Beyonce is under Columbia Records, and Kanye West is his own record company - GOOD Music.

Anyone else think it's kind of funny that Kanye West is getting some much over something that really wasn't a big deal. Yea, it was very disrespectful, but last time I checked, Taylor Swift is still breathing after the "attack." Anyway, he's a douche and she's a sweet chick, don't care for either of their music right now though.

Which Record Label are you referring to? According to Wiki, Taylor Swift is under Big Machine Records, Beyonce is under Columbia Records, and Kanye West is his own record company - GOOD Music.

Kanye has an imprint called GOOD Music, but releases his records through Roc-A-Fella, which is owned by Universal. Ditto for Big Machine and Taylor Swift. Beyonce however is on Columbia, which is owned by Sony, so you're right about that one. Whoever reported that all three shared a parent label was mistaken. Beyonce was in the periphery of the whole controversy anyway though.