Kanye West is a bad man

METALMAN

Easy; publicity. What has everybody been talking about the last 2 days? Kanye West and Taylor Swift. Sure Kanye comes off as a bit of an asshole or a bit crazy but it's not like that wasn't pretty much known by everybody else anyways. His persona is one of the reasons he's as popular as he is to begin with and this only adds to it.

And then Swift gets more attention, as well.

West probably believes all publicity is good publicity, but I don't think he'd want to be labeled the most hated man in America.

To be fair it saved the audience from what would more than likely have been a dull as fuck speech from Taylor Swift. I mean, she'd got to the point where she said "I sing country music". Say what you like about Beyonce but had she won an award she probably wouldn't have found a place for "I sing R&B music" in her speech.

Kanye could probably see where this was going and decided he would save the audience from the boredom and give them something to talk about because he is our noble saviour and spokesperson for our generation.

Although he is an evil man. The trauma from this event will haunt poor Taylor for the rest of her career. Which will hopefully be short.

In conclusion - fuck them all. Except Kanye West because I liked his music before he did autotune and hopefully he'll ditch that and go back to normal stuff. Oh and Barrack Obama who I was previously indifferent to but now like for his well thought out comments.

• Like 1

Hasn't he done some "stunt" three MTV Music Awards in a row now? Yeah, that's very believable. He managed to get on stage with a LIVE microphone and he could get close to Taylor. I mean, next time maybe it's smart to not let microphones lie around on stage and maybe cut his mic off? Just a thought...

Hasn't he done some "stunt" three MTV Music Awards in a row now? Yeah, that's very believable. He managed to get on stage with a LIVE microphone and he could get close to Taylor. I mean, next time maybe it's smart to not let microphones lie around on stage and maybe cut his mic off? Just a thought...

Like they'd willingly stop him?

I mean let's face it. His run in is what everyone's been talking about this week. and MTV thrives on having your attention at all times. It makes money. They probably let him do this.

Yeah, saying it was staged because of that is a bit ridiculous. When MTV sees it unfold they aren't going to stop it because it'll create a buzz that will have their name out there and next show more people will tune in to see if anything goes down again. It doesn't have any effect on MTV. It makes Kanye look bad, not the network, so they are in a win-win situation.

A few things:

A) Is anyone really surprised by this? It's Kanye West. This is his thing.

B) This isn't even that bad. He interrupted Justice & Simian to say that HE should have won the award in 2006 at the Euro VMA's. At least this time he was nice enough to say someone else deserved this award. And he was kinda right.

C) Off that point, would anyone really care if it was someone who wasn't famous? Everyone is overreacting because the white innocent country-girl teenager was interrupted and someone took her spotlight away.

D) I love the self-centered celebrities who are outraged... how dare someone interrupt an award ceremony? What a crock of shit.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Off that point, would anyone really care if it was someone who wasn't famous?

Kind of a moot point given that only a famous person was going to be in that situation to begin with.

Off that point, would anyone really care if it was someone who wasn't famous?

Kind of a moot point given that only a famous person was going to be in that situation to begin with.

I meant a lesser known artist or band... kinda like if he had done it if Justice had won, or something to that extent. They certainly wouldn't be talking about it on The View and President Obama wouldn't be asked his opinion.

C) Off that point, would anyone really care if it was someone who wasn't famous? Everyone is overreacting because the white innocent country-girl teenager was interrupted and someone took her spotlight away.

I really, REALLY cannot disagree more strongly with anyone trying to make this a racial thing at all.

For one, pretty much no one here likes Taylor Swift.

Two, no matter who he interrupted, it was still a jackass move to interrupt someone when they won an award. Yes, it's a meaningless fluff award, but they still won something and it's still douchey in the extreme to ruin their moment like that.

Three, see point one again, it bears repeating.

Four, Kanye West is pretty much a habitual attention whore, so no, this "outcry" that you are seeing is not because the big bad black man got all uppity in front of his white masa's children. It's because some tool got up on stage and tried to steal the spotlight. Doesn't matter who it was from, guy is still a selfish asshole.

Five... unrelated, but did you really try and imply that he was kind of right that Beyonce's "Single Ladies" is the greatest music video of all time?

• Like 2

I really, REALLY cannot disagree more strongly with anyone trying to make this a racial thing at all.

Two, no matter who he interrupted, it was still a jackass move to interrupt someone when they won an award. Yes, it's a meaningless fluff award, but they still won something and it's still douchey in the extreme to ruin their moment like that.

Four, Kanye West is pretty much a habitual attention whore, so no, this "outcry" that you are seeing is not because the big bad black man got all uppity in front of his white masa's children. It's because some tool got up on stage and tried to steal the spotlight. Doesn't matter who it was from, guy is still a selfish asshole.

Five... unrelated, but did you really try and imply that he was kind of right that Beyonce's "Single Ladies" is the greatest music video of all time?

I'm not trying to imply that in any way the reaction against Kanye West was racist (ie, he is black), but that everyone is up in arms to protect an All-American girl is all I was saying.

1) I actually do like Taylor Swift.

2 & 3) While that's great that you have that opinion, I'm saying it's completely hypocritical for everyone to get pissed off over this when he has done it before and for more selfish reasons. Just more people care because he did it to Taylor Swift than in other instances.

4) As I said before, I wasn't implying that anyone was holding this against Kanye West because he was black, simply implying that people were more likely to jump up to defend the Taylor Swift, who embodies the good old American girl. I know that's how my comments could have come across, but it's not how I meant them. People would jump all over Kanye West even if he was some old white dude... if it was Pink or Dave Matthew's Group or someone else, no one would care.

5) I don't think that Beyonce's video is the greatest of all time and don't know where it says that in my post anywhere. Besides, even if it was the greatest music video ever, doesn't mean she'd deserve the award anyway. Wasn't it decided by a public vote?

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Everyone said Kanye was a douche when he did this before, and it wasn't to an All-American Girl then. I really don't understand how you can form the opinions that you do other than a genuine want within yourself to be contrary no matter how illogical that would make you.

Edited by SeanDMan

I'm not trying to imply that in any way the reaction against Kanye West was racist (ie, he is black), but that everyone is up in arms to protect an All-American girl is all I was saying.

1) I actually do like Taylor Swift.

2 & 3) While that's great that you have that opinion, I'm saying it's completely hypocritical for everyone to get pissed off over this when he has done it before and for more selfish reasons. Just more people care because he did it to Taylor Swift than in other instances.

4) As I said before, I wasn't implying that anyone was holding this against Kanye West because he was black, simply implying that people were more likely to jump up to defend the Taylor Swift, who embodies the good old American girl. I know that's how my comments could have come across, but it's not how I meant them. People would jump all over Kanye West even if he was some old white dude... if it was Pink or Dave Matthew's Group or someone else, no one would care.

5) I don't think that Beyonce's video is the greatest of all time and don't know where it says that in my post anywhere. Besides, even if it was the greatest music video ever, doesn't mean she'd deserve the award anyway. Wasn't it decided by a public vote?

I don't find it hypocritical in the least. No one cracked down as hard on when he did it to Justice because no one gives a shit about Justice except for the niche crowd it's marketed to. Taylor Swift has become basically a household name, and it'd cause a shitstorm no matter who Kanye did it to, so long as it was someone popular. So your examples in particular, Pink, DMB, people with actual influence and popularity, would still draw a lot of media attention. And the fact that Taylor Swift is cute and innocent looking helps her as well. That's not hypocritical, that's how the world works.

And the racist theme is a theory that's been spread about that Kanye's the racist because he interrupted a white girl to give props to a black girl.