MLB Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up my favorite players have been Mike Piazza and Barry Bonds. So it was great to see Piazza break the record for most homeruns by a catcher. And I think Bonds will get out of the slump quicker if he gets more chances. Also my Phillies (Damn Piazza has to be on the Mets) anyway, they have finally got their shit together and are above .500 and in 2nd place, and I think they can catch Florida if they keep it up playing like they did against the D-Backs.

That Angels/Yanks game tonight was one of the better games I've seen in quite some time. They last through 2 rain delays combining for almost 2 and a half hours. K-Rod allows a run. Percival and Rivera both blow saves. Kotchman gets his first MLB hit....off of Rivera no less, and then Molina follows with a 2 run shot. Jeter's batting average is like .201 now, Vlad and Glaus both go yard.If it doesn't rain Thursday this should be a hell of a series finale to see in person.

Guest John Cena

Kim got demoted but replacing him with Arroyo in the rotation doesn't seem like a much better option. overall not worrie about the bullpen but the yankees are playing like they always play: losin by 2 or 3 runs in the final innings of the game and then make some magic and win. really pisses me off

Troy Glaus returned home to Anaheim today after BP. He had tweaked his knee yesterday. This is just great....I'm going to see the Angels tomorrow in the Bronx and I get a makeshift lineup. They better not give Kotchman a day off tomorrow. Everyone else is pretty much guaranteed to play. Vlad can't get a day off since the Angels have no OFs right now since Guillen has to DH. The injuries keep piling up.....but the Angels continue to win.

Edited by sahyder1

I hate the Yanks big time but I don't think you've experienced baseball unless you've sat with the bleacher creatures. I was there with 7 damn Yankee fans and my Angels lost.....but the game was worth it. I was pleading for them to take Lackey out after the 5th and 6th, they didn't. Which shocked me considering they also had Ortiz in the pen today.'m surprised Lieber lasted so long. I'd take a 2 game lead in the AL with the injuries we've had though. Kotchman and Amezaga were our Corner IFs today and we had Davanon and Figgins make up 2/3 of the OF. Rematch in Anaheim next week where hopefully Glaus and Salmon will make their returns to the lineup. First game at the Bronx for me but the energy level in the bleachers was crazy. Heck we even had 2 ejections from the bleachers. Some idiotic Red Sox fan was there drawing attention to himself leading to a "19-18" chant from the creatures. Him and a Yankee fan ended up getting tossed after a long argument.

http://dbdbsp.thelastdimension.com/box502.html

That's the May 13th sim boxscore for the Yanks/Angels game in my sim. I was at the game today and we had the same 2 SPs start......and heck we even had Flaherty behind the plate matching the sim. The pitcher of records were also the same. Strange coincidence indeed.

Guest wwf nascar §ucka

I believe they said Giles is out 6-8 weeks.

and while watching the Braves, they mentioned someone in the minors had quite the game

6-6, 5 Hr, 2B --- 14 RBI.

I believe that was Nick Green, they said last night at Miller Park, that he used to play for the Richmond Braves.