MLB Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StreetzHopin

big ups to my favorite player of all-time (Griffey Jr.) i have been waiting on this moment for a long time, wish he would have waited till the 24th though.

Guest NYJetFan86

Congrats to Ken Griffey Jr on hitting number 500 he is a great player and if it wasnt for all those injuries he could be near where Bonds is now. Griffey Jr is also a great role model for younger kids for how he overcame all the injuries that he had and still hit 500 homers. I think it would be great to see Griffey can catch up to and maybe pass Bonds on the Homer list

Guest StreetzHopin

not sure if anyone heard this yet....

Maggs Era Ending In Chicago?

Chicago Sun-Times columnist Chris De Luca: "Ordonez confirmed contract negotiations with the Sox have ended and he expects to file for free agency after this season. Considering his price will only soar once the right fielder hits the market, Ordonez is playing his last season for the Sox... The New York Yankees will be willing to pay for one of the most talented and consistent outfielders in the majors. So will the Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, San Diego Padres and Baltimore Orioles."

One question about that...if the Yanks pick up Maggs without giving up Sheffield (and I doubt they will), who goes to the bench?

Likely Lofton, with Maggs taking over CF. However, I doubt this gets done without Sheffield getting shipped off in exchange.

Edited by The Midget

I hope Maggs comes to New York. Sheffield wouldn't leave, I don't think. I can deal with Ordonez in CF. :) Anyone's better than Kenny Lofton. God, I hate Lofton.

Lofton's had 80 ABs this year. Bernie is the CF. Yanks adding an OF makes no sense at all. Giambi's gonna need to DH every now and then, you can't do that if you're adding in another OF. Look for the Yanks to add Jamie Moyer instead.

I am surprised that Tampa has managed to win that much, just goes to show that you don't need a bunch of stars(ala The Yankees) to Win Games.

Also, who thinks Mcgriff will get to 500 this year? He only needs like 7 homers, but I don't think he ever plays.

I am surprised that Tampa has managed to win that much, just goes to show that you don't need a bunch of stars(ala The Yankees) to Win Games.

Sorry to burst your bubble there but the Yanks haven't won a thing since they went on their big spending spree.

It's the curse of Tino. :shifty:

*prays to god Boston dosen't trade for Beltran* I do not want to see Beltran come here this July. Reason? We'd probably have to give up Youkillis and Shoppach. If we do that, our future is screwed. I'd rather us go out and get some pitching since Wake is struggling and Lowe is streaky and Arroyo is still unproven. I'd like to see Moyer, but Yanks will most likely end up with him.