EA Sports MMA

IDOL

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought this and I'm already enjoying it more than UFC. The controls are so much more my style. I'm assuming it gets harder though. First two fights have been about twenty seconds long and my opponents have yet to lay a finger on me.

Later on, you definitely need to get a feel for stuffing takedowns and stopping transitions on the ground.

• 1 month later...

Personally not much of a fan of the game, but I thought I'd let any UK people know that you can get this for 12.99 at Argos right now, which is pretty cheap so possibly worth grabbing if interested.

Cheers for that, just got my mum to order it. :P

Just put this on for the first time, and went Lashley in my first fight, as you do.

I beat Sylvia by slamming him and knocking him out with GnP. Fun.

I noticed this has fighter share, so I quickly saved a Lesnar and Hardy. But does anyone know the max amount of downloaded fighters you can save?

Got this new for about £11 the other day. The stand up doesn't feel quite as tight as the UFC games, but outside of that, this is great. Obviously they've built on the Fight Night mechanics, and it works really well. The ground game is also free of the UFC games intricacies and its much more fluid.

But outside of the game engine, the career mode and the create a fighter mode are much better too. Whereas the UFC games are essentially glorified simulators, the career mode in EA actually gives the game depth and you feel much more attached to the fighters you create, not to mention they actually look like they aren't fake. The training in career mode is fantastic too, where you can repeat what you'd already done, rather than do the same tedious exercises repeatedly.

Maybe I'm suffering from the lack of substance in the UFC games, but this is a really good game. Can't wait to see how they improve it next year and THQ improve the UFC game in response.

As a criticism, I'd like to be able to have more control over where I fight. For example, being able to switch from Strikeforce to Dream/Mystic, or staying in a smaller league for a bit longer after winning the belt and becoming a big fish in a small pond. It being EA rather than Strikeforce, it'd be great if they could get Bellator, Tachi etc. in there. It'd be cool to be in a Bellator tournament. Or even go off and do some K1 (the license should be dirt cheap by now :shifty:) or BJJ tournaments.

• Like 1

How disappointing, you beat Bas' undefeated streak, and.... nothing. I'm 23-0, goddamnit. Give me the Mystic champion already. I've beaten Fedor twice already, I'm ready to end this career with a perfect record.

Got it this weekend. Competition got tougher until I beat Ken Shamrock in the UK league... and once I signed on to Mystic I started murdering my opponents in under 60 seconds. The only competition I had in Mystic was the champ himself, who lasted about three minuites.

Is it possible to have total KOs in the game? So far I've had knockdown to punchout TKOs but never a highlight reel worthy KO. Closest I came was punching a guy in the back of the head as he was going for a spinning backfist, then punching him three times in the throat and once on the way down.

Also, submission defense training is annoyingly difficult when you start defending against triangle chokes.