EA Sports MMA

IDOL

Yes, most definitely. And in response to the other guy talking about theme music... my guy walks out to the Bassnectar song. It's pretty badass.

This is the type of game that's MADE for an EWB league. I'm pretty sure as long as everyone is friends on XBL, we can watch the fights as they happen. And you can watch the last 5 fights one of your friends did online. C'mon!

Grrrrr! Josh Barnett! :angry:

Goddamn Mystic keeps putting me in title fight after title fight with the current champion, the aforementioned Josh Barnett, even though I haven't scored a win over him in our last THREE fights. The only time I've beaten him was my first title defense, then I lost it to Josh two fights later, and here we are. My stand-up isn't as high as I'd like it to be, but there's no way my tiny little 230lbs, 5'11'' guy can outstrike Barnett, who doubles me in weight and is a few inches taller, I believe. I've tried every submission in (my) book, and the fucker just won't tap.

I thought it was funny though. After I ran through Barnett and two other guys for my title defenses, and eventually lost it to Barnett, Mystic gave me the easiest match-up I've had with them: against some 0-0 ham 'n egger who I submitted in less than a minute with a kimura. Then we started the onslaught of title chances against Barnett which I'm currently in. I guess all of their other heavyweights aren't as good? :shifty:

One small complaint... it's looking like once you have to choose between Mystic (DREAM) or Strikeforce, you're stuck in that promotion until the career mode is over. Which is kind of lame, I haven't faced anyone of name value in Mystic besides Barnett, the rest are just an endless stream of Japanese 'roid monsters and some American dough-boys.

Grrrrr! Josh Barnett! :angry:

Goddamn Mystic keeps putting me in title fight after title fight with the current champion, the aforementioned Josh Barnett, even though I haven't scored a win over him in our last THREE fights. The only time I've beaten him was my first title defense, then I lost it to Josh two fights later, and here we are. My stand-up isn't as high as I'd like it to be, but there's no way my tiny little 230lbs, 5'11'' guy can outstrike Barnett, who doubles me in weight and is a few inches taller, I believe. I've tried every submission in (my) book, and the fucker just won't tap.

I thought it was funny though. After I ran through Barnett and two other guys for my title defenses, and eventually lost it to Barnett, Mystic gave me the easiest match-up I've had with them: against some 0-0 ham 'n egger who I submitted in less than a minute with a kimura. Then we started the onslaught of title chances against Barnett which I'm currently in. I guess all of their other heavyweights aren't as good? :shifty:

One small complaint... it's looking like once you have to choose between Mystic (DREAM) or Strikeforce, you're stuck in that promotion until the career mode is over. Which is kind of lame, I haven't faced anyone of name value in Mystic besides Barnett, the rest are just an endless stream of Japanese 'roid monsters and some American dough-boys.

That's MMA in Japan for you :P Feed you cans then throw you in with a name fighter then back to cans again.

What is the general view of the game as I really dunno whether to get this or not.

I enjoyed the demo a lot and was pleased to see the AI was upgraded in the full game. I really feel it was worth the money, as I find career mode to be really fun and challenging in the later stages on the Legend difficulty. It would be mice to see the sales of the game improve so we can see MMA 2, and we won't have a one horse race with the UFC game.

Having just choked someone out with the Gogopolata, I now dub this better then Undisputed. Career mode rocks, and I can see myself doing it over and over again, and getting different results each time.

The game is so much more enjoyable than Undisputed IMO. It might not be as realistic, but it is so much more fun and the control scheme is that much better. Fighter Share is like the greatest thing ever, too.

Unfortunately a lot of the news says it is bombing sales wise which is a shame because this is one of my favourite sports games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just KO'd Fedor in 0:05 of the First Round.

I love this freaking game.

Did you shoot Fedor in the head beforehand?

I wish I could justify getting this but after UFC 2010 I just can't - I will for sure once the price plummets.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Borrowing this from work at the moment. I'm amazed at how much better it is than the demo. One thing I'm currently struggling with though, I'm trying to improve my arm submissions, but I have no idea how to specifically do an arm submission. What are the best positions for them? I thought I was doing one, but it must have counted as shoulder rather than arm as I got a D :/

Borrowing this from work at the moment. I'm amazed at how much better it is than the demo. One thing I'm currently struggling with though, I'm trying to improve my arm submissions, but I have no idea how to specifically do an arm submission. What are the best positions for them? I thought I was doing one, but it must have counted as shoulder rather than arm as I got a D :/

Side Control and Mount i'd say

Turns out I was using the right move, I just wasn't completing it in time.

New gripe: the apparent irrelevance of stats. My CAF has really good takedown defence and offence, yet a scrub who's 20 points worse than me in both those categories has no trouble stuffing my takedowns or taking me to the ground. I know there's got to be room for my own skill, but it's just ridiculous.

Also how do I block body shots?