8. Crazy In Love- Beyonce

7. Rule The World- Take That

6. Crazy- Gnarls Barkley

5. Rehab- Amy Winehouse

4. Sex On Fire- Kings Of Leon

3. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor- Arctic Monkeys

2. Mr. Brightside- The Killers

1. Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol

I don't think two Take That songs deserve to be here, nor does two Amy Winehouse songs, but I guess this wasn't really about quality but about which songs were the most played, most catchy and most recognisable. I only saw the beginning but the Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand and the guy from The Zutons who wrote Valerie didn't seem all that pleased, just trying not to say directly that they wrote them to be airplay-friendly.

Anywho, it is an interesting topic to discuss, so lets do that!

I might be losing my imagination, but I would probably say "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley was my favourite song of the decade, with maybe "Bullets" by Editors as my outside choice.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

Essentially if you repeated words a lot you got in that list. But such is pop music. I actually think Stan is probably the best thing on that list. Maybe because I still kinda cared about popular music when it came out.

My favourite song from the noughties... hmmm

It'd have to be a tie between Let Go by Frou Frou, Empire State of Mind, Under The Gun by The Killers and Dosed by RHCP.

As for the actual list, I'm not convinced. The Top 4 are awesome, as are 6,7 and 8, but I hate Rehab with a passion (same goes for the Valerie cover) and Love At First Sight is a far superior Kylie song. The rest are great songs, but probably not the best of the decade. I think Mr Brightside is the only song that would make it onto my list, maybe Stan.

The show implied Where The Wild Roses Grow was a bad thing. It was probably the best thing Kylie ever did damnit!

And yes rockbox it did. It very much did.

"Slow" was Kylie's best solo track of the decade.

"Ruby" is probably my fourth favourite Kaiser Chiefs song.

"Matinee" is my favourite Franz Ferdinand track.

I can think of loads of better Kings Of Leon tracks - "Kings Of The Rodeo" is probably my favourite though depending on my mood.

But it's an utterly unsurprising list except I'd probably have expected "Hey Ya!" to be number one cos of its' popularity.

Although for some reason everytime I hear the start of Chasing Cars I think of Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead and wish it was that playing instead.

When it comes to more mainstream music, I think this is a pretty good list, all in all. You've got some really good songs on there. I'm not an Amy Winehouse song, and I prefer the Zutons version of Valerie; but I can't take too much of a pick with that list. Except I'd think an Eminem single could've gone a bit higher. But yeah, I like a lot of those songs - so I think the list's pretty good.

Duffy...seriously?!?! Honestly. I mean most of the rest I can at least understand, but that...no way...the fact it lulls me into a false sense of security thinking it's "Stand By Me" at the beginning makes me hate it even more.

"Chasing Cars" at top, I'd never have guessed. Love, love, love, love "Mr Brightside". "Ruby" is a weird choice for a Kaiser Chiefs song...I presumed "I Predict A Riot" would be a shoe-in. Distinct lack of "Omen" by Prodigy. Also throw a swing for Jose Gonzalez's version of "Heartbeats", which was just about mainstream enough to potentially make it on here, but no.

I've bolded what I like;

20. Leave Right Now- Will Young

19. Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs

18. Valerie- Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse

17. Viva La Vida- Coldplay

16. Take Me Out- Franz Ferdinand

15. Mercy- Duffy

14. Patience- Take That

13. Stan- Eminem

12. I Don't Feel Like Dancing- Scissor Sisters

11. Hey Ya!- Outkast

10. You're Beautiful- James Blunt

9. Can't Get You Out Of My Head- Kylie Minouge

8. Crazy In Love- Beyonce

7. Rule The World- Take That

6. Crazy- Gnarls Barkley

5. Rehab- Amy Winehouse

4. Sex On Fire- Kings Of Leon

3. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor- Arctic Monkeys

2. Mr. Brightside- The Killers

1. Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol

It would take me far too long and it's not worth it if I'm not getting paid but that is quite possibly the worst 'best of decade' song list ever.

Crazy definitely deserves to be there. That was played for so long, and still felt fresh. Mr. Brightside (despite hating it) is a definite. Rehab and Good on the Dancefloor also deserve their spots, despite not being much of a fan of either. The rest is highly random.

David Gray's Please Forgive Me needs a space here. It's been played regularly (in Scotland anyways) since 2000! I hasten to add Green Day's American Idiot and Muse's Knights of Cydonia but they were probably the two biggest rock songs of the decade with a LOT of air-time. But I might be biased.