Mass Effect 2

Robsturgh

I forget where, but I've seen an animated gif similar to the pic in your spoiler.

Shows Miranda opening her top from the romance scene then when she starts to lean closer (ie, right before the camera switches angles) it cuts to the scene where Mordin has that smile.

Btw, did you talk to Mordin a lot on board the Normandy, so you got the part where he sings?

If you really want to have some fun in Mass Effect 2, play an Infiltrator. There's nothing so satisfying as one-shotting a dangerous mob by blowing their head off and them never seeing it coming due to the cloaking device (which also makes the sniper attack do more damage), and you can also pull off some pretty awesome kills without it being a one-shot kill. (Like when I finished off Uvenik Garatog with a sniper shot to the rear end after he had already sustained some damage) Infilitrator is the only class I've played the game all the way through as twice, and I may actually do it a third time. (I used two different Infiltrators, not going through as the same one twice) The only class I haven't played all the way through as is Sentinel, and I'm not sure I will. (Also keep in mind that the starting sniper rifle may only hold 12 shots, but there are better ones you can acquire, and one holds 48 shots and also acts as a normal (ie, non-assault, non-sniper) rifle)

Adepts are also pretty damn fun, since they're the only class that gets Singularity and no team mate has it, but after a while about the only times you'll want to use actual weapons it'll be heavy weapons.

Edited by GhostMachine

I love the Sniper Rifles, used it all the time during my first and second playthrough, only used the SMG or the Hand Cannon (I was Infiltrator both times) when I had to.

Have to say though, just running up to... well, anybody and blasting them with the Shotgun as Vanguard is lots of fun as well.

The sniper rifles have to my most used gun at the moment on Mass Effect.

I always use Garrus for surport with the sniper and a bio for cover.

Garrus and Grunt make a pretty good team for some missions, but I wouldn't use them together on missions against the Collectors. *Maybe* Horizon, if you can handle the Praetorian yourself.

Not everyone will have access to him, obviously, but Zaeed with his loyalty power at rank 3 or 4 (and you should go for the area effect version if you max it) is a Husk killer. There's no reason you should use anyone over him on the Reaper IFF mission if you have him and his Inferno Grenades skill maxxed out.

Speaking of Zaeed, I highly recommend using him and Thane for the final fight during the suicide mission if you have their loyalty powers at rank 3 or maxxed. They take down the Collectors pretty fast. Best team I've used for that part of the mission so far.

I haven't played a Sentinel yet. Do bonus defense powers (Barrier, Fortification, Geth Shield Boost) stack with the Tech Armor? And do Sentinels work okay as snipers, or should that be left to Infiltrators and Soldiers?

*edit* Just checked the website and information on the new heavy weapon is out (no, it hasn't been released yet). Its called the Arc Projector and is apparently a laser-guided lightning cannon. (The laser is invisible and helps the lightning, not the user, lock on to targets)

Edited by GhostMachine

The Kasumi DLC Pack has a release date (April 6th). Includes Kasumi herself (plus Loyalty mission, achievment and her power Flashbang Grenade) and a new SMG.

You have to pay for it though. Making it the first ME2 DLC to not be free.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/mass-effect-2-dlc-kasumis-stolen-memory-lands-on-apr-6-don

I wish they'd give Kasumi an actual dialogue wheel. Still I'm sure she'll be more interesting than Zaeed, who was very bland to me. I don't mind paying for it if they put some good time into it. Shale was a infinitely better of a DLC in Dragon Age than Zaeed could ever be.

Turning the council down now probably won't matter but it might come back at you in ME3..... and it really should.

Edited by mystikz

The facial scarring doesn't make any difference. Having scars/the medic station heal them makes absolutely no difference whatsoever on the story.

It's lame, I liked the scars, but since the lame scars=bad guy thing they have going on, you can't be a good guy and be awesome looking.

By which I mean the scars automatically heal up if you have a high/full paragon gauge >_>

Yea, I hate that scars=bad. I didn't wanna get that medical bay upgrade..all that platinum just for one "use"...but since Bioware seems to think you have to look like a freak to be evil, I had to