Lost Season 6 (spoilers)

TKz

Yeah, the episode as a whole was fantastic. All of the remembering was done so tastefully and even though a lot of characters remembered throughout the episode, it didn't feel rushed or anything, and nothing felt repeated either. I can't wait until my exams are finished tomorrow so I can just watch LOST from start to finish.

A lot of people I know were really disappointed with the ending. One guy wrote a status at like 7am this morning saying "LOST was so shit!" and I thought yeah, fair enough you didn't like it. Then about 3ish he wrote another one saying "SO PISSED OFF WITH LOST!!!" Get over it. I've been really intrigued by the mysteries, sometimes obsessively so, but I'd much rather have a finale like that than them reeling off a bunch of reveals from a list and ignoring the drama. The show wouldn't be anything without the incredible story telling, which is why FlashForward failed; good enough premise but the execution sucked. My favourite moments haven't really been stuff like finding out they were gonna get off the island or finding out about Jacob, but stuff like Sawyer telling Jack his dad loved him, the whole Charlie/Claire thing (before Charlie got weird) and basically Locke's entire storyline. It didn't dawn on me until this how much they prioritised the drama over the island itself and I'm glad they did.

• Like 1

The best thing about early Lost is the mystery. With Lost, I've always loved the less is more approach. I'd rather be able to imagine whatever I want as a reasoning behind some of the mysteries than know the answer, because usually the answer disappoints.

The only thing I'm bugged that I still don't know about is how the Dharma folk found the Island and could come and go, and who were the first people on the island that built the temples and statues etc.

We can´t realy conclude shit because we have no idea about how we came up with stuff, how about you are just happy with the idea that they all (well, we forgot some but who cares about logic?) go to heaven in the end?

Uhm, No!?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Was Richard there in the church, I don't think so, so he's still immortal?

What I don't get is; they were all dead in the sideways, so what the fuck were they doing having jobs, etc? Why did Desmond have to connect everyone so they would remember, you'd think in heaven you remember your life?

Also, when Jack went back in the thingy and reactivated it I thought he would turn into the smoke monster with Hurley being Jacob.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

If you go in with the idea that the sideways flashes were purgatory, which is what was implied so much at the end if not outright stated, then they had to remember the times on the island, going on with a life that felt real until they finally remembered. The remembering came when the person they most cared for or the defining person for them was there with them. Jack and his father, Kate and the baby and Clair, Charlie and Claire and the baby etc etc. So Heaven was where they were going after Christian opened the doors to the church and the white light came in on them.

I don't think Richard's fondest memories were with the losties, but likely with his wife, hence why he was not there.

Just my thoughts.

On the reasons why Ben didn't go into the church theories, I thought that he was "invited" (in the loosest sense of the word) to go with Jack as he dies and move on into the afterlife, but he felt he had to redeem himself for his past actions by taking over the island from Hurley rather than passing on peacefully. I don't think Ben is dead but I feel him BEING outside the church (while guys like Miles and Farraday weren't) signifies he was SUPPOSED to be there when Jack died.

i think ben is dead, he is waiting for alex and maybe danielle to remember to leave with them

Just watched it, crazy ending. I don't think any single show has ever left me like this, I just don't know how I even feel about it all. Part of me was amazed, but I've honestly got to say that at first, part of me didn't like the end explanation of it all. It's hard to explain, I think that like most, it's going to take time to really sink in. I NEVER see that coming, seriously, NEVER. After reading some stuff on it, it's certainly come to light a hell of a lot more. I knew there'd ALWAYS be questions left and I'm not going to really go into all of that, bar one. Where were Rose and Bernard at the end?

There's one thing I can say though, I'm more sad to see this show end than any other I've ever watched. And seriously, whether the ending eventually sinks in or not, I don't think I'll ever enjoy and be more excited over a show than I have Lost. And damn hats off to the actors, because what a job they did and what a story these people told over this entire series.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Richard turned mortal, he started growing grey hair. But yeah, he hardly knew the Losties. That'd be why he wasn't there.

Also, I think this was the ending they had in mind since very near the start, if not the start itself. Matthew Fox has been saying he knew what the final image would be for ages, so they must've told him ages ago. I don't think they copped out because they couldn't explain the mysteries, I think they had this ending in mind and made a lot of the mysteries up on the island as they went along knowing a lot of collateral mysteries would come up that they'd never get round to explaining.

Edited by Pesci

This is just my opinion, but in the end the biggest ones were answered in true Lost fashion. Sure, they just opened up more questions really, but the biggies were all answered. What happened to all our faves was answered at the end too. I am pleased with it, and it made sense to me.

I watched it as soon as I woke up this morning yet it still hasn't sunk in that it's finally over...There are quite a lot of questions left unanswered but mostly it seems apt in that mainly, the final episode emphasizes how Jack can be seen as the main protagonist. We don't learn what happened to the people on the Ajira plane as neither does Jack - likewise, how we don't learn what happens with Hurley and Ben on the island after they are both left in charge. It would possibly be nice to have certain answers, yet ultimately we don't get them as we're gaining Jack's perspective of things. Just like in life you don't get all the answers, it's the same in Lost.

The more I think about it, the happier I am with the ending, as has been stated - it was LOST all over, it answered the big questions but left us with more to fill in ourself. I totally get why people would be calling "bullshit", because when it first happened I physically cringed, but personally I think it's great, and it was the perfect happy ending, because if there's one thing LOST has shown its audience it's that there's no death without life and it seems that whilst no-one (except maybe Jack) actually became what they truly desired during the course of their lives, they fulfilled their dreams when given another chance.

Also, Ben staying outside was a great touch, he's blatantly waiting for Alex and atoning for his sins, not to mention how delighted he was when Hurley allowed him to become what he'd always to become - the trusted companion of The Islands protector.

I cried too many times to count, we got both a "greatest hits" of everybody, a satisfactory end and we finally saw Locke's faith rewarded, which I've been dying for - I genuinely despised The Monster by the end for wearing Locke's skin, and when Jack called him on it I couldn't wait for the Doc to finally take out the bastard once and for all. So glad we never learned its true name, because there's nothing more appropriate than "The Monster" for that thing.

I also liked that certain characters weren't there - Ana Lucia, Nikki, Michael and Paulo. Not because I disliked them, but because none of them ever felt like they "belonged" with the Losties, which explains why they weren't there.

I think it's an ending that's only going to feel better the more you think about it, the more you rewatch and realise that people got their happy endings.

PS: The biggest issue (and considering what it is, it says a lot) was the lack of Walt sorely disappointed me, I was hoping he and Locke might share a final moment.

Considering the flash sideways are in like, 2004, I'm pretty sure Walt is far too old to play himself now. :P

Who says he has to be the same age? Perhaps they could have all seen themselves as they saw themselves at their best and Walt saw himself at his best when he was older, and much like Ben he isn't ready to move on with the Losties? It's hardly a huge jump >_>

You could argue that Walt, who was on the island for 44 days and then lived an entire life beyond it, doesn't have the same connection to the survivors. Then you consider that his father is stuck on the island atoning for his sins and it's easy to understand why Walt doesn't remember his connection to the island so fondly.

Where were Rose and Bernard at the end?

I think their moment in the jungle tied up that loose end, they want nothing to do with the survivors and all that "drama," so whenever they die and "move on," they won't need all of those people to do it.