Video Game Adverts

AnnIQ Edison

I just wanted to make a point of congratulating whoever the marketing genius was that helped spawned the new ads for the latest range of games. Ads for Bayonetta, Bioshock, Mass Effect as just three examples. They're beautiful pieces of work and the music behind them is awesome. It even stopped my mum when she walked past when the big Bioshock robot (noy familiar with the game) was being led by the girl.

Great stuff.

To keep this going....post some of your favourite ads for video games.

• Like 1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Assassin's Creed advert was brilliant:

Teardrop IS a classic piece of music though.

Another good'un for AC2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5DkdgsoXQI

Mirror's Edge advert also great:

Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. I'd also add the

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVYqmwtoaNwand the Landfall thing was really good too).

Don't know if this counts as such as it's not fr a game and was never actually aired, but

is genius.

- The last ten seconds are just brilliance.

- Not really a video game commercial per se, but anything that involves Final Fantasy IX is a win to me.

- One of the strangest adverts I've personally ever seen. The laugh at the end still haunts my dreams to this day. Saying that, I did buy a PSX though so it looks like it worked.

- Not strictly an advert, but I couldn't help but grin when I saw this affectionate, and official, parody of Punch-Out.

As you say though Inquisition, the recent Bioshock and Bayonetta ads really raised the bar - I think game developers are becoming more confident in showing in-game footage now which, to me, makes me more excited about the product. Only a spectacular FMV (a la Gears Of War) makes me really excited about a game over a decent representation of its in-game graphics.

Edited by badotori

The Mental Wealth advert was directed by Chris Cunningham who is a bit of a genius having done videos for Aphex Twin (including Come To Daddy and Windowlicker), Bjork (All is Full of Love), Squarepusher (Come on my Selector) and plenty of other brilliant stuff.

Also, shame that this PSP commercial directed by Alex Rutterford didn't get used:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...