The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Any chance of Jake Delhomme updates, after we offloaded his worthless ass.. Panthers will surprise... Tampa's punter ain't bad (Chris Bryan), and my immediate early pick for Super Bowl Champion is New England.. with Washington being the surprise packets. Shame the Panthers are unlikely to be in playoff contention.

The Panthers will surprise by being even shittier than expected? They're the third best team in their division, and the gap between them and Tampa is MUCH closer than the gap between them and Atlanta.

Also GOD FUCKING DAMMIT OAKLAND CAN YOU REMEMBER YOU'RE THE FUCKING RAIDERS (and not lol, Raiders, I mean the Oakland fucking Raiders) FOR JUST ONCE IN MY FUCKING LIFE!

Any chance of Jake Delhomme updates, after we offloaded his worthless ass.. Panthers will surprise... Tampa's punter ain't bad (Chris Bryan), and my immediate early pick for Super Bowl Champion is New England.. with Washington being the surprise packets. Shame the Panthers are unlikely to be in playoff contention.

If the Redskins go to the Super Bowl it will be because half of the teams in the NFC died in plane crashes. They're the 4th best team in the division.

The Panthers will surprise by being even shittier than expected? They're the third best team in their division, and the gap between them and Tampa is MUCH closer than the gap between them and Atlanta

Tampa.. Who signed Chris Bryan as a punter? Cool.. Panthers were supposed to suck... not at all possible we could sneak a playoff spot? ... what the hell am I saying??

No, it's not possible.

San Francisco/Arizona

Green Bay/Minnesota

New Orleans/Atlanta

Dallas/New York/Philadelphia/Washington (who the fuck knows, it's the NFC East)

You have to be better than half those teams to make the playoffs. You're *maybe* better than three. Good luck.

Also, who gives a fuck about their punter, unless it's Shane Lechler, they're all pretty interchangeable.

No, it's not possible.

San Francisco/Arizona

Green Bay/Minnesota

New Orleans/Atlanta

Dallas/New York/Philadelphia/Washington (who the fuck knows, it's the NFC East)

You have to be better than half those teams to make the playoffs. You're *maybe* better than three. Good luck.

Also, who gives a fuck about their punter, unless it's Shane Lechler, they're all pretty interchangeable.

Eh, I give a fuck about the punter, I played Aussie Rules Footy with him... Still, I like the breakdown, and Dallas will qualify.. at a guess.

Buffalo's defence has been good, but they continue to lose the battle of field possession because of their anemic offence. The Bills desperately need a good offensive possession or a turnover from their defence. There is plenty of time remaining for the Bills here.

VINTAGE Cincinnati Bengals.

I have to say, Dennis Dixon isn't looking too bad in the game manager role for the Steelers. He's not going to scare opposing defenses, but as long as the Steelers d shuts down teams like they've been doing to the Falcons today they'll definitely be a contender in the AFC. Unfortunately.

And if there's a God he really hates the Lions. That's a bad way to start a season when there's some optimism for the first time in a decade.

The "Ahmad Bradshaw as a starter" experiment is not looking good right now. Big Boss is out with a neck injury/concussion and our receivers have a bad case of the dropsies (which has led to both of Eli's picks), but this game has been positive with the exception of special teams being terrible. Carolina's average starting field position is somewhere near midfield and they gave up the TD inside of 2 minutes mainly because they let Carolina run the ball back to the 50 right after Nicks scored his 2nd TD.

The Pats are making a statement to Sexy Rexy and the Jets. TO should blow up by Wednesday at the latest.

I hope Ray Lewis puts his helmet in Sanchize's chest a few times tomorrow.

My condolences to the Lions fans on the boards, but it's not like you guys didn't know your team was snakebitten ever since Barry Sanders walked away with productive years left in the tank.

Edited by naiwf

VINTAGE Cincinnati Bengals.

I have to say, Dennis Dixon isn't looking too bad in the game manager role for the Steelers. He's not going to scare opposing defenses, but as long as the Steelers d shuts down teams like they've been doing to the Falcons today they'll definitely be a contender in the AFC. Unfortunately.

And if there's a God he really hates the Lions. That's a bad way to start a season when there's some optimism for the first time in a decade.

:crying: It's fucking true...

It's very much like every season for us. We're up 14-3 with about a minute to go, we have the Bears on a 1st and 20 on their own 11, then the Bears score on a fucking 89 yard screen. We get the ball back, start moving a bit, then goddamn shitty fucking overrated Backus (yes I've seen enough of him the last ten years..) let's Peppers beat him like a damn drum and Stafford is fucking wrecked.

On the bright side, the defense actually hasn't played all too bad.

Edit - Oh and naiwf, we've been snake bitten since the Bobby Layne trade back in the 50s.

Edited by VerbalPuke