The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Jets defense is definitely good, and it'll keep them in a lot of games. But, wow, that offense. :lmao:

How long until the Brunell era begins?

EDIT - So I picked the Bolts in the Survival League. Looks like that one is getting out of the way early. Chiefs are killing it out there, I almost picked them as a dark horse because I love Jamaal Charles but I don't trust the defense. So far all three sides of the ball have been dominant.

Edited by damshow

By the sounds of it, Bowe dropped a number of passes. If so, he's a douche. I needed those points.

If drops earned points, Bowe would be first- or second-round worthy. Guy managed to lead the league last year while missing five games.

Leonard Weaver and Jamaal JAckson are done for the season as well. Weaver with a torn ACL and Jackson with a torn triceps...damn

It's awesome for me, because I desperately need a back with some fantasy value.

Also, I was watching a stream at work on Sunday, and happened to catch that Weaver injury when it happened. It was really weird, because we were about to leave, and had just switched to it for a second, then *BAM*, got Theismann'd. Nasty, nasty injury.

It's awesome for me, because I desperately need a back with some fantasy value.

Also, I was watching a stream at work on Sunday, and happened to catch that Weaver injury when it happened. It was really weird, because we were about to leave, and had just switched to it for a second, then *BAM*, got Theismann'd. Nasty, nasty injury.

Yes, watching it live and seeing your teams only backfield blocker's leg pretty much snap was chilling. It was such a sickening thing to watch.

And I have been calling for the Vick Era since the Birds signed him last year. I was at the Kolb vs. Saints game last year and I didn't like what I saw, and well, before getting the concussion Sunday, he looked absolutely terrible with a Packers D missing some key secondary people...

Oh, and lol Jets offense. What the hell do they do from here? They don't even trust Sanchez to throw a deep pass. They need to fix this if they are going to come close to living up to the hype.

And a question to pose to the rest of you, is the Alex Smith experiment over in San Francisco? And do they have a better chance to win this year (since the West is not very good at all) with David Carr taking over?

Bob Sanders has to get cut soon, the guy has missed 49 games and only played 48.

Amen. Even as a die-hard Colts fan, I'm so far beyond sick and tired of Sanders getting hurt getting out of his car. The defense played fine with Melvin Bullitt in there, and Sanders is sucking up money that could be directed to guys who aren't made of porcelain.

• Like 1

And a question to pose to the rest of you, is the Alex Smith experiment over in San Francisco? And do they have a better chance to win this year (since the West is not very good at all) with David Carr taking over?

No. First of all, is Carr really an improvement over Smith? Probably not. And secondly, it wasn't entirely Smith's fault we lost the game this past week. He made some mistakes, sure, (he had to have hit Moran Norris on that 4th down play at the goal line) but our offensive line was awful and couldn't get the running game going at all. Smith actually started the game off really well but once it was clear the we couldn't run, Seattle concentrated on Smith. And not to mention that our secondary looked like fools on two plays that set up TDs because they were guessing on the routes. It just wasn't a good game for the entire team so to say that the Alex Smith era is over because of one loss on the first week of the season, where everybody on the team played like crap, would be stupid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5577243

I never would have thought the Chargers would be getting blacked out after all their recent success. I can't think of a real good reason either, besides that the Padres play at the same time. I can understand the fans being disgruntled, but of what I know is that the Chargers are an institution in San Diego.