The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Crap call at the Pats game. Adrian Peterson gets stopped at the goal line and its called a Touchdown. It's challenged and the play stands. Crowd chanted "Bullshit!"

I know, a call going against the Patriots?! Look out for the latest entry in the NFL rulebook, stating 'no player with the surname peterson may score a touchdown'.

• Like 2

Crap call at the Pats game. Adrian Peterson gets stopped at the goal line and its called a Touchdown. It's challenged and the play stands. Crowd chanted "Bullshit!"

except AP got in. even the play before it looked like he got in.

lol @ a Patriot fan calling a bad call? really? oh the irony.

I hate Calvin Johnson and his fantasy team killing ways :(

The Jets scoring a total of 9 points against Baltimore and Green Bay amuses me though. Sanchez needs to get off of Cotchery's nutsack though. Every time he gets in trouble he looks for him and he missed a wide open Braylon Edwards at least 3 or 4 times as he played Check Down Charlie over and over again.

:D

I've got to pick between Tampa/Arizona or Minnesota/New England.

As much as watching Ben Graham get some work makes me happy - Farve failing is much more appealing.

and what do you know? He throws a pick - Granted it was mostly Harvin's fault but still.

except AP got in. even the play before it looked like he got in.

Then why didn't the Vikings Challenge?

lol @ a Patriot fan calling a bad call? really? oh the irony.

I don't get the irony. I call the ones I see. Sorry I wasted your time commenting on something I wasn't allowed to comment on due to some previous call that caused said irony.

Edited by Universal

I don't get the irony. I call the ones I see. Sorry I wasted your time commenting on something I wasn't allowed to comment on due to some previous call that caused said irony.

I'll explain. Historically, New England has had a disproportionately high amount of calls that, to any unbiased individual with eyeballs and a brain stem, are categorically bullshit - the proliferation of penalties called on defensive players who breathe too close to Tom Brady's perfect hair, for instance. Hence, it is ironic that a fan of the Patriots would complain about a 'crap call' but remain silent through the many 'crap calls' that have benefited New England over recent years.

In layman's terms: shut the fuck up, Brady gets coddled more than any fucking player in the fucking league and you're still not satisfied. Aw, Dreamboat got injured? OUTLAW THE TACKLE THAT DID IT! OUTLAW THEM ALL! Fuck that fucking noise.

• Like 2

I'll explain. Historically, New England has had a disproportionately high amount of calls that, to any unbiased individual with eyeballs and a brain stem, are categorically bullshit - the proliferation of penalties called on defensive players who breathe too close to Tom Brady's perfect hair, for instance. Hence, it is ironic that a fan of the Patriots would complain about a 'crap call' but remain silent through the many 'crap calls' that have benefited New England over recent years.

In layman's terms: shut the fuck up, Brady gets coddled more than any fucking player in the fucking league and you're still not satisfied. Aw, Dreamboat got injured? OUTLAW THE TACKLE THAT DID IT! OUTLAW THEM ALL! Fuck that fucking noise.

You really assume a whole lot out of one post. I was pointing out one crap call in a game. I wasn't defending every other crap call in the history of football.

I pointed out another crap call on here in week 1 against the Lions. Like I said, I call the ones I see. I apologized if you were offended.

And by the way... I am a fan of my fantasy team, not the Patriots, who Adrian Peterson is facing this week.

Edited by Universal

Does anyone know why Drew Brees is afraid to throw the ball more than 15 yards in the air this year? I swear that I'm watching Sanchize out there in a Brees jersey with all the dink and dunking. If he's not injured, I'm curious why he looks like a completely different guy than the one we've seen for the last few years.

Does anyone know why Drew Brees is afraid to throw the ball more than 15 yards in the air this year? I swear that I'm watching Sanchize out there in a Brees jersey with all the dink and dunking. If he's not injured, I'm curious why he looks like a completely different guy than the one we've seen for the last few years.

I agree with Kyle_. Drew Brees is completely different this year but I have no idea why. The Saints offense is just a mess. It's a rusty version of last years well oiled machine.

I have say, I have a hell-of a lot of respect for Brett Favre. The guy does not need to play but continues to put his health on the line for the game. I know he has a massive ego and watching the sports press talk about him so much is annoying, but the guy continues to do it when he does not need to. I would probably be pissed as a Viking fan that he stayed but I can't help respecting the man for not stopping.

Back on the subject of Brees though, he's ain't looking so bad tonight against a team that I thought would crush him. Big F-Up on my part as I have Brees on my fantasy team and played Orton instead. It only cost me a few points though, so it's no biggie.

Edited by Universal

Brett Favre is either leaving the NFL on a stretcher or as an unsigned free agent. The Vikings season is basically over, he looks old and hurt and yet he wants to keep playing to extend the streak. If a player doesn't take him out on the field, then a GM is going to have to not offer him a deal for him to finally leave.