The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

wow @ the refs choking in this Steelers/Dolphins game. Roethlisberger clearly fumbles before going in but they give Steelers ball on the 1?

You apparently don't know that the Stealers and the NFL referees have a lifetime deal in place that Pittsburgh gets every close call, even when replay shows otherwise.

oh I remember the refs and the steelers always being friends but what the fuck clear evidence did they want? 3 dolphins on top of the ball and 1 comes out of the pile with it. Roethlisberger can't hang on to the ball for shit this game.

fantasy mvp's for the day are Roddy White and Kenny Britt.... HUGE GAMES.

Lee Evans, too.

LOL, not two minutes later a bounce pass goes as a Pittsburgh INT. It's hard playing 11 vs 18 in a close game.

It didn't matter, it was 4th down anyway.

I know it didn't matter, it just goes to show that when in doubt the refs ALWAYS end up ruling in Pittsburgh's favor.

If the Ravens blow this game to the Bills they should not get paid this week.

Well, Ravens had the offense show up today and it played very well for 3 quarters. Fabian Washington got lit up, I won't fault the entire defense since the usual names (Ngata, Lewis, Reed, and Suggs) made the plays they needed to make. But Mr. You Can't See Me couldn't see shit and he almost killed us today. That said, Ryan Fitzpatrick has been great since he went in as the Bills' starter a few weeks ago. Bills should have had an INT in the endzone too, but because of the NFL's ridiculous rules it was ruled an incompletion. His foot touched the leg of Boldin and not the ground so he only got 1 foot down. This rule needs to be changed.

Horrible officiating at the end of the Steelers-Dolphins game, but Miami shouldn't have gotten themselves in that position to start with.

CLEVELAND.

Nobody won the Cutler/Orton deal, Raiders are murdering the Broncos right now.

Edited by damshow

Dolphins got Nick Patrick'd.

Seriously, how the FUCK do you not call that a fumble recovery touchback? They get the views we get, so they would have CLEARLY seen TWO Dolphins players grabbing the live ball, and on top of that, the one Steeler who DOES try to recover quite clearly never even touches the ball.

Ray Charles saw that was a fumble recovery.

EDIT- I'm not saying damshow is completely wrong, Dolphins falling apart at the end seems to be an unfortunate problem this season especially at home, but the Fins had that game won.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

It's one game, you guys make too big of a deal about it, sure they're getting completely raped out there but it's just one game. Titans lost last year like 72-0 or something to the Pats and still were able to finish 8-8 and almost getting into the playoffs.

Still, my prediction remains: Orton doesn't end the season as the QB for the Broncos, either Quinn or Tebow take that spot.

The Dolphins got robbed. That's it.

Injury reports that said Gates and Campbell wouldn't start/play today cost me my undefeated mark in EWB Fantasy Football. I could understand if they were coached by Mangenius or Belicheat, but I expect more from the Raiders and Chargers and their beat reporters <_<

I don't think anyone would begrudge the Bears for making that trade at the time. Obviously, thus far it hasn't worked out, whether it's quarterbacks not fitting the system, or not getting help from the line or whatever. But the position the coaching staff/front office were in, they need to at least buy another year, and that trade facilitated it. Either way, I'm glad to see (tonight aside obviouly), Orton doing well.

Good day of football today ruined by returning home and seeing my fantasy team (against a guy who hasn't been paying attention and with 3 players on BYE week) lost by 10 points. Even made some gutsy risks (playing a Titans D/ST instead of Eagles D/ST) that paid off, but still lost due to my team under-performing and his team over-performing. 0-7 now in my NFL Fantasy League (with the most Points Against score by far, thus I am very unlucky when it comes to my opponents scoring). Really wish I found more leagues to join at the start of the season.

Glad the Pats won, but it was an ugly game. The offense was lack luster for most of it.

Edited by Universal