The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I have found myself becoming more and more fond of Kansas City throughout recent weeks. Hope they beat Houston.

If you keep this up you'll be supporting every team in the NFL sooner rather than later. The idea is to pick ONE team and support them, not follow your flavour of the week each time.

I have found myself becoming more and more fond of Kansas City throughout recent weeks. Hope they beat Houston.

If you keep this up you'll be supporting every team in the NFL sooner rather than later. The idea is to pick ONE team and support them, not follow your flavour of the week each time.

I only support New York. But I also like Detroit.

Oh and Meacon. Trash Talk shifty.gif

I don't get people ragging on Dunta Robinson, it was a good hard play. What else is he supposed to do? He doesn't lad with his helmet, he's not intentionally spearing the guy, it was just an unfortunate outcome. Meriweather on Heap was disgusting, and Harrison borderline at best with the Cribbs hit, the other one, defintiely punishable.

I don't understand, and am perhaps even a little offended by the likes of Peter King using the poor Rutgers player (something LeGrand is it?) to drum up support for a harsher stand on illegal hits. That guy was making a tackle and got injured himself, he didn't attempt to hurt anyone, it was just a freak incident. I hope he makes a full recovery, although from what I've read thus far it isn't looking hopeful.

There wasn't anything wrong with the Robinson hit ... the Harrison is the grey area ... but Meriweather was flat out bullshit.

I've literally heard the Meriweather hit mentioned once on ESPN while the other two are the two examples used everytime. Is the Meriweather so blatant that it isn't controversial on whether he should get a suspension or what?

From the one angle, it looks like he jumps up specifically to headbutt a defenseless airbourne Todd Heap about 6 months after the ball was dead.

I think the Harrison stuff is getting a lot of attention because he said afterwards something to the tune of "I don't care if I hurt anybody."

I think the Harrison stuff is getting a lot of attention because he said afterwards something to the tune of "I don't care if I hurt anybody."

It also falls in line with Hines Ward headhunting on the other side of the ball. It's not like the Steelers haven't tiptoed this line before.