The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

WAH WAH WAH.

Put fucking flags on them. It's football, you know what you signed up for. If you take away the defense's ability to intimidate with physicality, you might as well play fucking soccer.

Plus 1. It is football.

I don't want to see any of these guys hurt severely, but it is football. I think they do need to keep an eye out for guys blatantly launching their helmet into other players helmets, but there are also instances where the officials are too quick to toss out a flag for questionable at best unnecessary roughness calls. Hell, the Lions had Zach Follet go down on a stretcher after a helmet to helmet hit this past week (naiwf saw it, he's a Giants fan), but I don't want to see the rules changed. Luckily, Zach is ok and will probably be back on the field.

Even with seeing that, I don't want to see fines levied nor do I want rules changed over the hit. I understand disciplining guys that are clearly cheap shot artists, but to lump guys like Dunta Robinson into that group is absurd.

Times like these make it hard to be a Bears fan. 1st and goal on the 1, Cutler gets the ball over the goaline then fumbles but it's called a fumble, then a pick 6 gets called back by a delay of game that no one heard at all. Fucking ugh.

Yeah, Chicago, hope you're enjoying Jay Cutler. Thanks for Neckbeard. :)

I haven't got to see much of Orton's rise to fame this year but there was no way the Bears could NOT make that trade back then. Orton hadn't shown anything here in Chicago and we got a blue chip (at the time especially) QB and ended up getting Knox (likely our first 1000 yard receiver since 2002) with the pick. I'm happy that Orton is doing well though, he was always a good guy to have on the Bears.

Was the upgrade to Cutler ever really worth two 1st round picks and a 5th? You're essentially gambling your Franchise's short-term future away. You never know who Chicago could've gotten in the draft if they were set on getting a new QB. If Cutler had went to Detroit or Tampa as rumoured IIRC, the complexion of the 2009 draft would have changed dramtically and who knows who might've dropped to Chicago.

Right now obviously most would lean towards no, but the Bears had a revolving door of horrible QB play since Jim McMahon left (and he wasn't anything THAT special from what I've read). Coming off a Super Bowl appearance then not making the playoffs due to the lack of a passing attack, the entire culture changed for the fans when that happened. There are very few things where I can say I remember EXACTLY where I was and what I was doing when I found out and reading about getting Cutler is one of those things.

wow @ the refs choking in this Steelers/Dolphins game. Roethlisberger clearly fumbles before going in but they give Steelers ball on the 1?

You apparently don't know that the Stealers and the NFL referees have a lifetime deal in place that Pittsburgh gets every close call, even when replay shows otherwise.

• Like 1

wow @ the refs choking in this Steelers/Dolphins game. Roethlisberger clearly fumbles before going in but they give Steelers ball on the 1?

You apparently don't know that the Stealers and the NFL referees have a lifetime deal in place that Pittsburgh gets every close call, even when replay shows otherwise.

oh I remember the refs and the steelers always being friends but what the fuck clear evidence did they want? 3 dolphins on top of the ball and 1 comes out of the pile with it. Roethlisberger can't hang on to the ball for shit this game.

fantasy mvp's for the day are Roddy White and Kenny Britt.... HUGE GAMES.