The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

That game could be uglier in positive degree temps.

Both teams are going to put 8 or 9 in the box and dare the offenses to pass it. Chicago can't pass block, so how are they going to stop that many guys with their ears pinned back guarding against the run? I don't think Peterson's going to win that battle. Tarvaris Jackson has trouble with handoffs and fielding snaps indoors, can you imagine how he'll do outside in the elements? :shifty:

Okay, so its now looking like what Alosi did was intentional, and the Jets have changed his suspension from until the end of the season instead of indefinite. And to me that smells fishy.

I thought a suspension without pay was a decent punishment since it was possible it was a spur of the moment thing. But if he fully intended to do it, you have to wonder if the Jets knew about it beforehand and are just covering their asses since he hasn't actually been fired.

Now I believe its time the commissioner and rules committee should do something to make sure things like this don't happen again. Make a rule that if someone interferes with a player, they get tossed off the field immediately AND suspended for the first offense, kicked out of the league for a second. And to make sure they have extra incentive not to do it, make it so that if the player in question gets hurt, they get a free replacement from the other team. (By free, I mean the team they came from will be still be paying their salary until the end of the season or whenever the injured player is recovered enough to play again.)

And to make sure they have extra incentive not to do it, make it so that if the player in question gets hurt, they get a free replacement from the other team. (By free, I mean the team they came from will be still be paying their salary until the end of the season or whenever the injured player is recovered enough to play again.)

The rest of your post I agree with, but this is just a stupid idea.

And to make sure they have extra incentive not to do it, make it so that if the player in question gets hurt, they get a free replacement from the other team. (By free, I mean the team they came from will be still be paying their salary until the end of the season or whenever the injured player is recovered enough to play again.)

The rest of your post I agree with, but this is just a stupid idea.

What's not to keep said player from tanking it and refusing to try for his new team? Financial incentives make more sense. Mainly, if the player gets hurt and has to miss time, the other team has to pay his salary for every game he misses. So if a guy making $3 million a year misses 8 games, that's a $1.5 mil cap hit for the team who injured him.

All that said, I highly doubt we'll see coaches try to injure opposing players ever again.

The Washington Redskins have decided to start Rex Grossman over Donovan McNabb at quarterback in Dallas on Sunday just a month after signing McNabb to a much-ballyhooed contract extension, according to multiple media reports, which cite anonymous sources.

On Nov. 15, McNabb and the Redskins (5-8) reached agreement on a five-year contract worth up to $78.5 million -- but with only $3.5 million guaranteed as a signing bonus.

McNabb has started all of the Redskins' 13 games this season, with Grossman playing one series at the end of a Week 8 loss at Detroit.

The Redskins have lost five of their last six games, falling to third in the NFC East with three regular-season games to play.

The Washington Redskins have decided to start Rex Grossman over Donovan McNabb at quarterback in Dallas on Sunday just a month after signing McNabb to a much-ballyhooed contract extension, according to multiple media reports, which cite anonymous sources.

On Nov. 15, McNabb and the Redskins (5-8) reached agreement on a five-year contract worth up to $78.5 million -- but with only $3.5 million guaranteed as a signing bonus.

McNabb has started all of the Redskins' 13 games this season, with Grossman playing one series at the end of a Week 8 loss at Detroit.

The Redskins have lost five of their last six games, falling to third in the NFC East with three regular-season games to play.

Caution to all the lady fans in the first three rows. You *will* get wet.

• Like 1

I asked my Redskin fan what he thought about that, and he just shook his head, "Just protecting the investment, is all."