The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I agree with Shannahan. They are out of the playoffs..no point in having McNabb get hurt out there. Plus he gets to see what he has in back ups with Grossman and Beck. He was very high on Grossman in his press conference today

uh, this is not about protecting McNabb. He's played his last game with that organization. You don't promote your starter to 3rd string in Week 14 with the intent of bringing him back next year.

As for the Jets/wall thing, as long as they don't make contact I have no problem with it. I'm pretty sure every team does it. Guys on special team should not be going out of bounds. One of the sports networks in Boston already dug up video from a Colts/Patriots game where Bellichick made contact with Marvin Harrison.

I agree with Shannahan. They are out of the playoffs..no point in having McNabb get hurt out there. Plus he gets to see what he has in back ups with Grossman and Beck. He was very high on Grossman in his press conference today

uh, this is not about protecting McNabb. He's played his last game with that organization. You don't promote your starter to 3rd string in Week 14 with the intent of bringing him back next year.

As for the Jets/wall thing, as long as they don't make contact I have no problem with it. I'm pretty sure every team does it. Guys on special team should not be going out of bounds. One of the sports networks in Boston already dug up video from a Colts/Patriots game where Bellichick made contact with Marvin Harrison.

Let me guess, that was hailed as a brilliant tactic by a defensive coaching genius?

I know everyone is sympathizing with McNabb and all and I used to like the guy but he's played like shit this year. this isn't a league for keeping veterans around for respect, it's about results. he's got a 77 qb rating with 14 td's and 15 INT's. for a guy like McNabb that's pretty awful. Shannahan realized McNabb isn't his teams answer and is finding out if his back ups are worth a damn. Rex is awful but not like the Redskins can get worse.

lol @ the vikings though. when you thought it couldn't get worse than Tarvaris.... you get Joe Webb? who? and Patrick Ramsey who's been signed by what 5 different teams this year only to be cut a week later? poor guy.

Ramsey is the drizzling shits.

And I don't think McNabb has turned to total crap. He's just having a really bad year, which happens. Plus the Redskins offense isn't exactly going to light up the boards. I don't think they'd be contenders even if Tom Brady was their QB. Their running game sucks, for one thing, and they need better wide receivers. Plus you have to remember their offensive coordinator is Kyle Shanahan, who probably couldn't get a job without his father. For example, their best weapon is probably Chris Cooley, and he rarely gets any balls thrown his way when they are in red zone. He calls fades without WRs that are good enough to pull it off and runs draw plays too much. Their problems are due to Kyle Shanahan as much as they are to McNabb.

I'm seriously beginning to think that Mike Shanahan was carried by John Elway and Terrell Davis.

• Like 1

Shanahan can coach my team any time. The Redskins just suck. McNabb has been so overrated throughout his career. Yes, it is easy to cite Elway and Terrell Davis but he's had people like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Ruben Droughs, Tatum Bell all flourish under him.

Shanny w/o Elway in the playoffs

2000 - (11-5) Denver loses 21-3 at Baltimore (12-4)

2003 - (10-6) Denver loses 41-10 at Indy (12-4)

2004 - (10-6) Denver loses 49-24 at Indy (12-4)

2005 - (13-3) Denver beats (10-6) New England 27-13

2005 - Denver loses 34-17 to (11-5) Pittsburgh at home

In 11 post Elway seasons he's won a single playoff game and has gone 1-4, with all four losses by 17+ points. In 4 seasons with Elway he was 7-1 with 2 titles, and the one loss was a FG game at home against the Jags after a bye and a 13 win season. It's not really a knock when it's the truth.

Edited by naiwf
  • Like 1

I know a lot of them haven't been his fault, but it's gonna be costly down the line. Coupled with the fumbles too.

Loving what the defence are doing to Vick, he has no time to hit those bombs to Jackson to inflate his stats against this D! I want at least 3 more points to pad this lead before the half though, to feel comfortable.

I'll take it! :w00t:

Unbelievable finish to the half, definitely the right call on the fumble too. Vick looks like a beaten man, hopefully he doesn't go to Superman mode in the 2nd half.

Just need Brady to pound on the Packers later and we're set!

Wow, Donald Brown actually accomplished something productive. Color me surprised. :shifty:

Now, just to see if the Jags can find some more BS plays to keep them in the game. The fact that that team's winning any division is still strange to me.

Shanahan can coach my team any time. The Redskins just suck. McNabb has been so overrated throughout his career. Yes, it is easy to cite Elway and Terrell Davis but he's had people like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Ruben Droughs, Tatum Bell all flourish under him.

All of those 4 names were one hit wonders, they had one/two good seasons then nothing. Regardless the Skins shouldn't suck, they have a lot of talent of defense and should be doing much better than they have this year.

I'd like to thank Andy Reid for not challenging that "fumble" by Duhsean.

EDIT: Boss just scored and Reid saving his red hanky for a rainy day may have just resulted in a potential 14 point swing. Merry Christmas to me :)

Edited by naiwf