The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Dodge and the "special" teams coach both need to be cut immediately. No one thought the Eagles would attempt an onside kick and this fucking moron just punted it to Jackson instead of kicking it out of bounds. Instead of being perhaps a 2 seed, now they need to scratch to get the # 6 and play in Philly in the first round. Pathetic.

I was just able to catch the end of that game but that was an excellent run by Jackson after dropping the return.

I dont really care about either team but that Jackson is a dick running up the line like that. Screw that guy.

Time management is apart of football. IMO, that was completely fair.

Edited by Universal
  • Like 1

Herm Edwards: Miracle in the Meadowlands

Brian Westbrook: Miracle in the Meadowlands II

DeSean Jackson: Miracle in the Meadlowlands III

On top of the most epic choke since the Bills came back from 32 down in the playoffs, I just saw my team blow the last remnants of a 37 point lead in the fantasy league to eliminate me in the semis. What a shitty last 35-40 minutes this has been. And this was all after the Knicks lost to the fucking LeBronless Cavs last night. It's like the Yankees use up all of the sporting good will for the local teams here, and of course I've hated them my whole life <_<

It's been a bad week as a Yankee fan with Lee not signing and Boston getting only stronger. The only NY team that has been having a good week is the Rangers.

As a Jet fan I would sign a contract that guaranteed me one Super Bowl in the next twenty years (you cant win more, but you will win once). With the Yankees you can even sign for one World Series in five years, that would be a failure for the franchise. I think 1 in 3 years is a fair contract to sign up for them. I know it's irrelevant, but this is a question I always ask me Giant/Met/Jet fan friends.

The G-Men will bounce back from this though. I believe they get Green Bay next week...if they don't have Rodgers they won't have a chance.

It's been a bad week as a Yankee fan with Lee not signing and Boston getting only stronger. The only NY team that has been having a good week is the Rangers.

As a Jet fan I would sign a contract that guaranteed me one Super Bowl in the next twenty years (you cant win more, but you will win once). With the Yankees you can even sign for one World Series in five years, that would be a failure for the franchise. I think 1 in 3 years is a fair contract to sign up for them. I know it's irrelevant, but this is a question I always ask me Giant/Met/Jet fan friends.

The G-Men will bounce back from this though. I believe they get Green Bay next week...if they don't have Rodgers they won't have a chance.

It's not about getting into the playoffs at this point. When you're up by 21 with 7:30 left in the game, you need to win that. A win there basically clinches the # 2 seed since they would only need 1 win to get to 11 and that would have been Philly's max. They also had the tiebreaker over Chicago which would have been the only team that could have stopped them from having a bye and a home game. Now that they lost twice to Philly they can only end up at # 6 since they won't be able to jump over the Saints. If Chicago drops to the # 3, then that's not the worst thing in the world, but they just flushed away any chance of winning the Super Bowl because there is absolutely no way they would ever beat the Eagles in Philly in the postseason after blowing late leads TWICE this season.

It's not about getting into the playoffs at this point. When you're up by 21 with 7:30 left in the game, you need to win that. A win there basically clinches the # 2 seed since they would only need 1 win to get to 11 and that would have been Philly's max. They also had the tiebreaker over Chicago which would have been the only team that could have stopped them from having a bye and a home game. Now that they lost twice to Philly they can only end up at # 6 since they won't be able to jump over the Saints. If Chicago drops to the # 3, then that's not the worst thing in the world, but they just flushed away any chance of winning the Super Bowl because there is absolutely no way they would ever beat the Eagles in Philly in the postseason after blowing late leads TWICE this season.

They said the same thing back in 2007 when the fans wanted Eli and Coughlin gone, they sneaked into the playoffs and won the Super Bowl against the 16-0 Pats.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Matt Dodge. Strange thing is I have said that all year even when the Giants HAVENT played the Eagles.

I would like to thank Matt Dodge for providing the opportunity for us to steal this win today. I would also like to thank the Giants for forgetting how to play football in the 2nd half. Though our Defense was horrible, even worse than normal, that first half that I thought that the LITTLE GIANTS could have put up 30 on us. But somehow we found a way to win, and I am still on an adrenaline kick. What a win.

They said the same thing back in 2007 when the fans wanted Eli and Coughlin gone, they sneaked into the playoffs and won the Super Bowl against the 16-0 Pats.

Once in a lifetime runs, by nature, only happen once in a lifetime. If you can't save a 21 point lead at home with half of a quarter in a game, you're not going on the road and winning 4 straight games (again).

At best the Giants would need to win at Chicago, at Atlanta (where Ryan is like 19-1), at the NFC West champ (LOL), and then in Dallas (where they have tons of fans as we all know) against the Chiefs or Jags.

The worst case scenario is Philly ending up 3rd, meaning they'd have to win at Philly, at Atlanta, at New Orleans/Chicago and then finish that murderer's row off with New England or Pittsburgh.

Neither one of those things is happening. All they needed today was either one stop, to recover an onside kick, or for the offense to get a first down at any time after the Boss TD and they couldn't manage that.

That Eagles comeback was amazing, definitely the braindead coaching moment of the year from the Giants though. Ravens beat the Saints to open up a huge clusterfuck at the top of the NFC. Either New Orleans, Green Bay, or New York is missing the playoffs. Wouldn't have seen that as a possibility 4-5 weeks ago.

On the topic of the Ravens, it's just one game but we look like we're turning the corner on the ground and on our late-game defensive struggles. If only they could score an offensive TD in the 2nd half, it hasn't happened since Flacco engineered the huge comeback against the Falcons (only to have the defense choke it away). All in all, we're in great position for the playoffs and a 5-seed.

Not that it matters though!!! Fucking Patriots. <_<

That was almost heartbreaking.

Overjoyed at the win, offense played well and Schottenheimer called a good game.

Defense was suspect a lot (still have massive problems on 3rd down and over the middle).

But damn it, we won and scored touchdowns!

They certainly need to fix up that third down defense. I guess people can stop saying we can't beat tough teams. Who else has defeated New England and Pittsburgh this year?

Sadly, they are still probably going to be a Wild Card spot making it virtually impossible to get to the Super Bowl.