The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/22880/firing-cable-now-doesnt-make-sense

An article about Tom Cable.

I can't stand the Eagles. And the Chargers make my blood boil. But I don't hate any team in the NFL more than the Oakland Raiders, but even I have to admit that Cable did an impressive job with the bunch this year. I agree that him being fired after this season doesn't make any sense. The Raiders are on the cusp of being a playoff team and now they're going to have to adapt to a new coach, scheme, and personnel. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Granted, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the Raiders inner-goings-on, but it seems like a stupid decision to me. Maybe DMN can shed a little bit more light on what the hell his franchise's mindset was.

From everything I've read.....and again DMN would probably be more knowledgeable on the situation then I would since my favorite team plays on the other side of the bay, but from everything i have read on this, it seems to be Al Davis wanting to elevate Hue Jackson , who is one of his favorite coaches and is someone who is getting a lot of interviews (all be it probably because of the Rooney Rule, but still). I tend to agree it is wacky, but isn't that the Raider way? And to be honest.....doing things that are perceived to be wacky has won the Raiders a lot of games, including a couple Superbowls. So meh, Al Davis can do whatever he wants. Nothing he does really surprises me.

Yeah, very strange of the Raiders to get rid of Cable.

I think I read somewhere, too, that Hue Jackson had say over offensive personnel and gameplanning and all that, which means that he was the man behind thew Gradkowski/Campbell fiasco. Kinda feel bad for Raiders fans, but oh well.

And, yeah, I may be a big time homer for the Eagles, but I could realistically see them beating the Packers, probably the Bears, and maybe the Falcons. I'd say the Eagles probably make the NFCCG

Given that there is a 2011 NFL season, you can figure out your team's schedule for the next season. Each team has their six division games, four games against an intraconference divison, four games again an interconference division and two intraconference games against teams that finished at the same standing in their respective divisions. To figure out home/away for each game this site seems to be correct: http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm

The division pairings for the 2011 season are:

Intraconference

* AFC East vs. AFC West

* AFC North vs. AFC South

* NFC East vs. NFC West

* NFC North vs. NFC South

Interconference

* AFC East vs. NFC East

* AFC West vs. NFC North

* AFC North vs. NFC West

* AFC South vs. NFC South

Also, the Bills or Dolphins are the two teams eligible to play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and the Lions could play the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers or San Francisco 49ers.

The Ravens have their games already listed on their site here: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Future_Opponents.aspx

On top of our home games in the division, we host the Cardinals, Colts, Jets (Rex Ryan) and 49ers (Possible Harbaugh Bowl). Hopefully we can take advantage of facing the NFC West before they are actually good again.

oh god if the superbowl is actually Eagles/Patriots I won't be able to watch it or listen to any of it. I already can't stand Brady or Vick.

Wild Card Round

Baltimore Ravens d. Kansas City Chiefs

kinda undecided as I think the chiefs can put up a fight but in the playoffs I think the d will be too much for Cassel.

Indianapolis Colts d. New York Jets

Manning vs Sanchez? really? Jets haven't had the run game and Sanchez will choke .... again.

Seattle Seahacks

a losing team against the champion. even with home field and the Saints losing Thomas/Ivory I don't see this being close. Brees won't let them lose this one.

d. Philadelphia Eagles

Vick will have trouble with that defense. he hasn't been able to hard hitting defenses lately. Rogers will get it down with help from the D.

Divisional Round

Pittsburgh Steelers d. Indianapolis Colts

Baltimore Ravens d. New England Patriots

Atlanta Falcons d Green Bay Packers

New Orleans Saints d. Chicago Bears

Conference Championships

Baltimore Ravens d. Pittsburgh Steelers

Atlanta Falcons d. Greenbay Packers

Super Bowl

Altanta Falcons d. Baltimore Ravens

Yesterday Bud Adams announced that the Titans and Vince Young were heading separate ways, this meaning, VY is out as QB of the Titans as soon as February (8th?) when the offseason starts. ESPN had an article about it yesterday and it said that most people convinced him that it was better to keep Fisher than keep Young, however he said that Fisher didn't had his Head Coaching job completely secured and that he will probably have to make some changes on his coaching staff.

Tebow who had led the league in jersey sales all year dropped to 3rd once he started playing.

I'd imagine that has to do with the fact that those that wanted a Tebow jersey had already gotten them at that point. He played well. Not like he stunk up the joint causing everyone to think he's a bust.

AFC WILD CARD

#6 Jets def. # 3 Colts 24-20

#5 Ravens def. # 4 Chiefs 27-13

NFC WILD CARD

# 3 Eagles def. # 6 Packers 27-21

# 5 Saints def. # 4 Seachickens 31-10

AFC DIVISIONAL

# 1 Pats def. # 6 Jets 31-17, Sanchez has 4 turnovers, Brady has 4 TDs

# 5 Ravens def. # 2 Steelers 14-13 thanks to a pick 6 by Ed Reed.

NFC DIVISIONAL

# 5 Saints def. # 1 Falcons 24-21 in OT, Matty Ice ties it at the end but loses in OT.

# 2 Bears def. # 3 Eagles 23-17

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

# 1 Pats def. # 5 Ravens 24-20

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

# 5 Saints def. # 2 Bears 28-13

SUPER BOWL

Pats def. Saints 38-35, Brady wins his 4th ring and 3rd SB MVP. The only thing keeping him from 5 ring/4 MVP immortality is Eli MF'in Manning :shifty:

It must be tough to go bakc to college, seeing all that money waiting for you in 3 months time. I know I couldn't do it, even with the CBA and all that nonsense going on at the moment. I hope it pays off for him in the long run like it did for Sam Bradford.

Edited by The Cool One

It's not necessarily a dumb move on his part. I've read a few reports that hinted at this as a possibility. Lets not forget that he was only a sophmore this year since he red shirted. If he can develop more in another year, why not? If there is no training camp next season because of a labor dispute a lot of rookies will be hurt by it.

He's supposedly well off financially so that obviously plays a factor in this too.

Luck pretty much just told the Panthers to suck it.

And, looks like the Dolphins are coming hard for Jim Harbaugh, and Josh McDaniels, believed to be the 49ers backup plan, isn't interested.

Good move by the Titans to get rid of Young. The guy's talented, but obviously a headcase. I've always liked the Titans (when I first started really watching football, I was 9 and the 99 Titans were a great team), and couldn't imagine him not being the coach of the Titans. Here's to hoping Adams keeps him.

It's not necessarily a dumb move on his part. I've read a few reports that hinted at this as a possibility. Lets not forget that he was only a sophmore this year since he red shirted. If he can develop more in another year, why not? If there is no training camp next season because of a labor dispute a lot of rookies will be hurt by it.

He's supposedly well off financially so that obviously plays a factor in this too.

His father is AD at West Virginia, so you're right that he's in a good financial situation. Not to mention the guy will have an Architectural Design degree from one of the best universities in the world to fall back on. I'd say Andrew Luck is in good shape.

Also, there are reports that Jim Harbaugh is going to the Dolphins.