The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

They lost to the team with the 4th best record in the regular season with Charlie Batch? Well he's a fucking loser ain't he.

The Atlanta Falcons lost 4 games this year. One was to Dennis Dixon. Ben's not special.

Edit: Actually, without Ben, the Steelers won 2 out of 3 games against teams with winning records. With Ben, including playoffs, they've won 2 of 5.

Their defense would not and could not have played at that level all season.

The Steelers scored more points Week 4 against Baltimore with Charlie Batch than they did Week 13 with Benny McRapesalot. Except for the final week of the season against the lowly Browns, the Steelers best offensive performance of the season came Week 3, against the Bucs, with Charlie Batch. The Bucs by the way were top ten in terms of points allowed this season, better than any team Ben beat with the exception of the Ravens.

The Steelers scored more points Week 4 against Baltimore with Charlie Batch than they did Week 13 with Benny McRapesalot. Except for the final week of the season against the lowly Browns, the Steelers best offensive performance of the season came Week 3, against the Bucs, with Charlie Batch. The Bucs by the way were top ten in terms of points allowed this season, better than any team Ben beat with the exception of the Ravens.

Ben was hurt for the Ravens game and wasn't very good.

As far as Batch's performance against the Bucs goes, all he had to do was chuck it up to Mike Wallace.

If you seriously think Batch is as good as or better than Ben and the team could win with him then you're an idiot. No shit.

Fuck off, Chase, you're going back on ignore. Why I ever took you off is beyond me.

Oh noes! Please don't put me on ignore guy! :rolleyes:

-----

EDIT: If anyone wants to talk football, please do. I'm done with this shit.

Edited by Evil Chase K
  • Like 2

I don't think he's as good a football player as Ben. He clearly isn't. However, if you don't think they go 10-6 or 11-5 with him, you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were, and the idea that they don't even finish .500 was among the stupidest things I've ever read. Also, Charlie Batch has never raped a girl. Any Steeler fan with a shred of decency and dignity would give up that extra win or two to not have to root for such a scumbag. Unfortunately, that precludes you, as well as the majority of Steelers fans.

• Like 2

I don't think he's as good a football player as Ben. He clearly isn't. However, if you don't think they go 10-6 or 11-5 with him, you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were, and the idea that they don't even finish .500 was among the stupidest things I've ever read.

With the Steelers offensive line, Charlie Batch wouldn't even make it through the season.

Also, Charlie Batch has never raped a girl.

No

Any Steeler fan with a shred of decency and dignity would give up that extra win or two to not have to root for such a scumbag. Unfortunately, that precludes you, as well as the majority of Steelers fans.

Do you really want me to get into this again?

I know no one else does. But I will if you want me to.

• Like 2

All-Pro is much more telling yeah ? Since 2004 (when all three were in the league), Ben's got 5 All Pro lineman, Manning has 2, and Brady has 2.

Ben's All-Pro lineman was terrible in pass protection. Faneca is a Hall of Fame run blocker. He did not put out the best effort against the pass, nor was he very good.

So there O-Line is awful but they've got the best running game in football ... right. Oh, and Faneca is HOF but he's not very good ? WTF ? Jesus Fucking Christ man. You're pathetic.

"Guys, they've got a HOF and they produce the best running game in the league but no really Ben has to run for his life cuz they sucks man"

GTFO Chase. Either they suck or they don't. Faneca is either HOF or he isn't any good, not both.

Considering how he's/they have fared every time he's stepped in for Ben ... I have no doubt they would.

If you really believe that you're an idiot.

They lost to the Ravens in Heinz Field because Charlie Batch was their QB. There is no fucking way they even go 8-8 with Charlie fuckin' Batch as their QB.

Byron Leftwich might've gotten them 10-6 or better, but they don't make the playoffs without Ben.

Really ? Care to go back and check out what he's done in ALL OF HIS GAMES REPLACING BEN AND NOT JUST FUCKING ONE YOU CHOOSE ? Jackass fucking response man.

• Like 2

So there O-Line is awful but they've got the best running game in football ... right. Oh, and Faneca is HOF but he's not very good ? WTF ? Jesus Fucking Christ man. You're pathetic.

"Guys, they've got a HOF and they produce the best running game in the league but no really Ben has to run for his life cuz they sucks man"

GTFO Chase. Either they suck or they don't. Faneca is either HOF or he isn't any good, not both.

You do realize Faneca is no longer on the Steelers right? Hasn't been since the year following the Super Bowl.

Faneca's strength definitely isn't pass protection. It was a pretty well known fact that he left a lot to be desired in that area.

Really ? Care to go back and check out what he's done in ALL OF HIS GAMES REPLACING BEN AND NOT JUST FUCKING ONE YOU CHOOSE ? Jackass fucking response man.

If they lose the second game to the Ravens, they don't win the division. If they don't win the division and get the bye, they may have lost in the Divisional Round because they desperately needed to get healthy.

Also, Batch only played two games for them this season. His performance in past years is irrelevant to this year.

He played well against Tampa Bay but they pretty much caught lightning in a bottle in that game and he was able to hit Mike Wallace deep. The next week, against a real defense, Batch and the Steelers offense was stagnant. Their running game and defense kept them in it, and it came down to the Steelers offense needing one first down to seal the game and Batch came up short.

I have no reason to believe he somehow would've been better against the Ravens in Baltimore later in the season.

You do realize Faneca is no longer on the Steelers right? Hasn't been since the year following the Super Bowl.

Faneca's strength definitely isn't pass protection. It was a pretty well known fact that he left a lot to be desired in that area.

You do realize that Faneca was there the first 4 years that Ben was in the league right ? That is completely relevent to what I've been talking about.

Move the goal posts some more buddy.

Also, Batch only played two games for them this season. His performance in past years is irrelevant to this year.

How so ? Because his performance has been good and they've won with him and that goes against what you're trying to say about him ?

Or is it irrelevent like Faneca's ass being a HOF lineman during Ben's first 4 years in the league is irrelevent because he's not there anymore ?

You were saying something about "if you really believe that you're an idiot" ... yeah.

• Like 1

You do realize that Faneca was there the first 4 years that Ben was in the league right ? That is completely relevent to what I've been talking about.

When did the Steelers have the best running game in football anyway? They haven't been the best running team in football since Ben has been in the league.

Did you just make that up?

How so ? Because his performance has been good and they've won with him and that goes against what you're trying to say about him ?

Or is it irrelevent like Faneca's ass being a HOF lineman during Ben's first 4 years in the league is irrelevent because he's not there anymore ?

It's irrelevant because Batch is a different QB than he was the last time he played any meaningful snaps for the Steelers. The last time he played more than 1 game prior to this season was 2007. Since then he had two consecutive seasons where he was injured and then this year.

A 36-year old injury prone QB is not going to lead the Steelers anywhere. Not with their offensive line. Not this year, not next year. Not ever.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

You were saying something about "if you really believe that you're an idiot" ... yeah.

Yep, and I stand by that.

I actually watch the Steelers play. The Steelers would be fine with Leftwich. They'd have to change their entire gameplan and they likely wouldn't be a very good playoff team with him in there, but they could win with him.

Charlie Batch though? Nope. Sorry, not going to happen.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think ECK is not a Steelers fan but a Big Ben sucker.

Yes because I'm so delusional to think that the starting QB is better than the backups. :rolleyes: HOLY SHIT I MUST BE HIGH!

Keep trying.

Edited by Evil Chase K
  • Like 1

So I can't see what he says, but I can see he's still posting like crazy. Someone who's decided they still want to read his drivel, tell me, how many times has he claimed he's "dropping this" or "Moving on" or "Not saying anymore about it" ?

When did the Steelers have the best running game in football anyway? They haven't been the best running team in football since Ben has been in the league.

Did you just make that up?

Like I said, move the goal posts. I love how can't/won't address the actual statements. That's fucking awesome. It's also the sign of a guy that's completely full of shit.

In Ben's time in the league, the Steelers have finished 11th or better in rushing 5 times .... 3 times they were 5th or better.

It's irrelevant because Batch is a different QB than he was the last time he played any meaningful snaps for the Steelers. The last time he played more than 1 game prior to this season was 2007. Since then he had two consecutive seasons where he was injured and then this year.

A 36-year old injury prone QB is not going to lead the Steelers anywhere. Not with their offensive line. Not this year, not next year. Not ever.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

What Bubble ? I went by his actual performance in ALL THE GAMES he's stepped in for Ben for. You took one game. The sample size I've taken is much more telling than yours.

Since when in the history of ever has one game been the measure of someone's ability ?

Yep, and I stand by that.

I actually watch the Steelers play. The Steelers would be fine with Leftwich. They'd have to change their entire gameplan and they likely wouldn't be a very good playoff team with him in there, but they could win with him.

Charlie Batch though? Nope. Sorry, not going to happen.

I hate to burst your bubble Chase, but so do I and about a million other people. What, because you're a fan of the team that means you watching them means more than anyone else watching them ? I've been extra aware the last 3 years as I've lived here in Maryland. I was at the debacle of a game here in Landover when there were more Terrible Towls in attendance than Skins fans. I've seen them play in Baltimore twice since I've been here.

The Steelers might be fine with Leftwich, but they actually have been fine with Batch. One is speculation, one is fact.