The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I don't care what anyone says ...

Guys, are we really shocked at this stance on things that ECK is emplyoing here ?

And Hajj, this is the only place I even do this in regards to the Steelers. It's because of ECK. Notice though, I've never directed any of it, or anything close to it when I've discussed things with you.

I actually like the Steelers franchise but this absolute joke of a fan that ECK is has made me really not like them. Well ECK, Rapeaburger, and that bitch ass cry baby fucktwat Ward too :shifty:

Anyway though, moral of the story: ECK doesn't care what anyone else says. It's only the snow globe he's constructed where any and everything that matters is what he pretends.

So I watched my first SuperBowl last night. My opinion? Lots of unnecessary ad-breaks!

Oh, and I think it was a pretty even game. Was rooting for the Steelers (a little), but Green Bay played very well early on.

I'll probably watch it again next year, but I think I need beer and something to pass the time between the ridiculous number of breaks.

Those commercials are part of what makes the Super Bowl the most watched TV event every year. There is a segment of the population that tunes in for the commercials. The companies that aired the commercials in the US paid nearly $3 Million for each 30 second ad. Companies make commercials specifically for the Super Bowl. YouTube has all of the ones from this year.

But... they are just adverts. o_O

So I watched my first SuperBowl last night. My opinion? Lots of unnecessary ad-breaks!

Oh, and I think it was a pretty even game. Was rooting for the Steelers (a little), but Green Bay played very well early on.

I'll probably watch it again next year, but I think I need beer and something to pass the time between the ridiculous number of breaks.

Those commercials are part of what makes the Super Bowl the most watched TV event every year. There is a segment of the population that tunes in for the commercials. The companies that aired the commercials in the US paid nearly $3 Million for each 30 second ad. Companies make commercials specifically for the Super Bowl. YouTube has all of the ones from this year.

But... they are just adverts. o_O

...and what better time to air them then when one of out every 3 Americans is watching?

In short, fuck off on the excessive Steelers bashing, stop acting like other teams in the league don't have guys who've hit their spouses/sold drugs/killed people or whatever other illegal activities they've done and try looking at the other players on the team who aren't accused rapists and actually have helped the communities they live in.

It's not that we are trying to single out Ben and just bash him, I actually think he's a decent quarterback personally. It's the fact that we have grown tired of ECK coming in here and pretending that the entire world is wearing the same rose tinted glasses as him. I tend to stay away from actually posting in the NFL thread but it's grown tiresome enough for me, a non regular in discussion, to jump in and tell him to get over it. No one is trying to personally attack another player; heck, I'm a Dallas fan who asked for a Nate Newton jersey for his birthday.

There's George Bush watching the game. hope he doesn't choke on a pretzel this time.

Good thing he canceled that trip to Switzerland, otherwise he would've been arrested for war crimes.

And wow, that Groupon commercial making fun of Tibet might be the most offensive ad I have ever seen.

Here is that Groupon commercial. They are facing a lot of backlash today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycwmYbK0gIQ&feature=featured

Munchak was about 280 in his playing days. Unless you were looking at hiring Rob Ryan, I don't know how you could have gotten someone much bigger. On a serious note, he is a HOFer who played for the Oilers and that will be enough to appease the fanbase given that there's this whole little labor dispute thing hanging over the league right now.

I was just listening to Around the Horn on ESPN and they mentioned this was the fourth straight SB where the winning team rushed for less than 100 yards (50, 51, 58, 91 respectively). Ironically, it's the Colts that broke that string. On top of that, the # 1 and 2 defenses got torched for a combined total of 49 points and it should have been a lot more if not for key drops. Finally, all that blather about the AFC being the superior conference with at least the four best teams didn't work out so well when the NFC's # 6 seed ended up winning the title.

In short, avoiding injuries, being able to punish the opponent by running the ball, having a stout defense, home field advantage and past playoff experience really didn't matter at all when it came to crowning a champion this season. The old way of NFL thinking doesn't seem to apply nearly as much as it once did.

Oh I understand being annoyed by Chase, I just hope you guys realize that as a Steelers fan it also kind of bums me out since ragging on his team is still technically ragging on my team. Anyways, I am sorry for being all ranty like that it's just kind of grating after awhile and my team did just lose the title in a close one so I was a little one edge. Apologies if I came across really douchey.

On the Titans subject, I can't say much. Don't know nearly enough about the new HC but waiting until after pretty much every position opened just doesn't seem like the right move to me. Tennessee is actually a pretty sweet job that could have been sold easily to a couple of the new coaches who certainly seem more qualified. That said, I don't really run an NFL team and for all I know this new guy could be great. There's also something to be said for promoting from within as it makes the transition between coaches easier for the players. I was actually pretty shocked when Tomlin was picked ahead of Wisenhunt/Grimm. Not that I have any complaints about his results so far :P

General question that stupidly annoyed me last night, why do Americans not sing along to the national anthem? Is it just at that event or are you always so silent? Don't know why it annoyed me so much :blush: !

People do sing along. Just not to the level which seems to have become the normal in NHL arenas in Canada. There are a lot of people who just don't know the anthem though. In schools here the anthem isn't played like it is around the world.

Oh I understand being annoyed by Chase, I just hope you guys realize that as a Steelers fan it also kind of bums me out since ragging on his team is still technically ragging on my team. Anyways, I am sorry for being all ranty like that it's just kind of grating after awhile and my team did just lose the title in a close one so I was a little one edge. Apologies if I came across really douchey.

On the Titans subject, I can't say much. Don't know nearly enough about the new HC but waiting until after pretty much every position opened just doesn't seem like the right move to me. Tennessee is actually a pretty sweet job that could have been sold easily to a couple of the new coaches who certainly seem more qualified. That said, I don't really run an NFL team and for all I know this new guy could be great. There's also something to be said for promoting from within as it makes the transition between coaches easier for the players. I was actually pretty shocked when Tomlin was picked ahead of Wisenhunt/Grimm. Not that I have any complaints about his results so far :P

Tennessee has a terrible owner and no QB, so it's not a job most big name coaches would bother taking even if Fisher had been let go earlier. I fully expect Munchak to get fired in 2-3 seasons tops.

Well I meant other than that. :shifty:

They have a pretty high pick though, they could probably draft a QB?

But yeah, their owner is probably one of the worst to work for in the NFL.

Edited by Hajjhowe

I don't know about that, this year's QB class isn't exactly what I would like for the Titans. I don't want Cam Newton in the Titans.

Sadly, there are no good QBs in the draft this year :P

The Panthers saw their whole world collapse when Luck decided to stay in school. I don't think Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker, or $cam Newton are the answer and odds are that one (or more) of those guys will already be gone before Houston picks. In short, this was NOT the year to have a high pick and a need for a QB. The only potential bright side is if they implement a rookie cap in the CBA, a bust at the QB position may only cost you $5-10 million instead of $30+ million.

Edited by naiwf

General question that stupidly annoyed me last night, why do Americans not sing along to the national anthem? Is it just at that event or are you always so silent? Don't know why it annoyed me so much :blush: !

People do sing along. Just not to the level which seems to have become the normal in NHL arenas in Canada. There are a lot of people who just don't know the anthem though. In schools here the anthem isn't played like it is around the world.

In Baltimore we shout "OH!!" during "Oh say does that Star-Spangled Banner..." And in Chicago I'm pretty sure they just raucously cheer over the anthem (or is that just for Blackhawks games?). There's a lot of unique traditions instead of everyone singing along with it like you would hear people in the UK, for a relevant example, loudly signing "God Save the Queen".

Also, if we sang along with the anthem last night Christina Aguilera might not have fucked it up.