The NFL Season BEGINS!

ROC

Guest Takayamanofear

Griffin looked good, Plummer looked bad. My boy Darious Watts dropped a easy one, Elam is in good form.

Portis looked Ok, Brunell did not look good, The Oline lookd terrible as usual and Shawn Spring is going be a better replacment for Bailey then people think.

Fuck. I completely missed the game, stupid fucking partying. There are some more preseason games on this week right? I need to see some football, all ive see recently is Arena Football, and although its fun to watch its not the same.

For any Detroit or Pittsburgh fans, you can catch this game on Saturday at 7:30. My guess is that it wont be nationally televised, but people in the surrounding area's may get access to it.

I'm really excited to see what kind of team Detroit will have this year. I want to see Joey Harrington's progression, and also see what Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, and Teddy Lehman are made of. Hell, one of my favorite parts of the pre-season is predicting which undrafted rookie will make the team. Detroit usually has atleast one or two a year make the squad. Last year it was Casey Fitzsimmons.

You do know the curse doesn't always take effect in the first game right?

In fact in some cases, it doesn't injury the player at all.

Ray could just have a terrible season

Personally I hope his murder case gets opened back up

Guest Takayamanofear

Yeah but I would find it rather funny if Michael Vick some how caused Ray Lewis to get injured. Not that I want to see some one get Injured it would be ironic.

Yeah but I would find it rather funny if Michael Vick some how caused Ray Lewis to get injured. Not that I want to see some one get Injured it would be ironic.

As a Ravens fan I'd laugh if that happened.

Bad news for Detroit Lions fans concerning Boss Bailey...

Second-year linebacker Boss Bailey will miss much of the regular season while recovering from knee surgery. Bailey injured his right knee in an Aug. 3 practice. He underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday in Athens, Ga., where doctors discovered torn cartilage that had not shown up in previous tests. "The damage was worse than anyone had realized from the tests," coach Steve Mariucci said. "The doctor immediately repaired it, but Boss will be off the knee for several weeks, and then will be looking at a rehab period on top of that." Mariucci declined to put a timetable on Bailey's return, but said the Lions hope to have him back this season.

Credit to Espn.com for that information...

This is bad news for Detroit, the linebacking corp was young enough with him, and now without him either Alex Lewis or James "Dirty" Davis will have to start much of the season. Keep in mind Lewis is a 5th round pick this year, and Davis is also a fifth round pick, but he is a second year player. I do think that "Dirty" Davis is capable of filling in for Boss, for the time being, he's shown some skill when he's on the field.