L.A. Noire

Gene Kiniski

A friend of mine said there's like 9 guns total and most of them can be found during one of the later missions.

"The Gas Man" spoilers

Firing a warning shot at Varley is a massive pain in the ass. I don't know why but I simply can't ever keep him lined up long enough.

I got him as he ran across the street shortly after it started. Barely made it though, I had to follow him manually & the shot rang out just as he reached the house.

There are a few car location guides out there, here for example. I have 8 to find, and I found most of them by essentially finding a parking lot and just going from one to the other. It is long, frustrating, and very boring ... but that's how you get trophies.

Finally beat the main story, good stuff. Also, ahahaha, Vincent "Pete Campbell/Connor" Kartheiser as one of the InstaHeat guys! Even better than most of the other recognizable actor appearances.

Just beat the game.

I liked the ending, but I hate how much they made you play as Kelso in the end. It was Coles story and it really took it out of me having to play as someone else throughout the last like, three missions. I did like the final moments though.

"You were never his friend, Jack."

"Hershel... I was never his enemy."

"I think he knew that Jack."

Going to use a guide to 100% it, because for the first time in a while I feel like it won't be too much effort and that I should put in that extra bit of work seeing as how good the game was. I really wish all games had some kind of measurement for trophies being done. It's a real pain in the ass that I'm going to have to figure out which guns I didn't kill someone with and so on.

If you search for Roscoe and Friends in YouTube, you should find a guide that shows in what missions all the weapons show up. IIRC, there are only three you need replay. I'd recommend you started with A Different Kind of War, because it's quite probable the one that has the only weapon you need for the trophy, since

there's a hidden flamethrower that you apparently can only use on one guy. It was the only one I was missing and I had no idea was in the game.

I never thought i can suck this bad on one game. Finished the "Studio Secretary Murder" case with one star. <_< I'm also pretty sure that i sent the wrong guy to jail. I propably missed some critical clues, because i couldn't get the other guy which i assume was the murderer behind bars, his interrogation always ended in Case Failed. Had to choose the other one just to get ahead on the game. I haven't got a single mission through with five star rating. Only one or two four star i believe.

Edited by The Sandman

I may be the only person that recognized more people as "the guy in LA Noire" after completing the game than I did "the guy/girl from *insert show/film*" during gameplay. I swear, I didn't see a single person I recognized throughout the game but now that it's through I've seen at least 3 people who I recognize as LA Noire characters.

Finally beat the main story, good stuff. Also, ahahaha, Vincent "Pete Campbell/Connor" Kartheiser as one of the InstaHeat guys! Even better than most of the other recognizable actor appearances.

It's basically spot the Mad Men actor/actress. Kinsey, Harry Crane, Pete and of course "Ken. Cosgrove. Accounts." Hell even Don's secetrary from the beginning of season 4 is 3rd Arson case spoilers

Jack Kelso's secetery.

Been playing this since Saturday, but decided to re-start and 5-star every case. I know that you can just go into the cases and redo the ones that you messed up, but I find this more satisfying, oddly enough.

I do have to say, undoing one of my favourite mistakes will be hard, though:

Tossing Matt from Heroes into the can for murder gave a distinct sense of catharsis. It was like punishing him for Heroes in general. And it was awesome.

I think I'll buy all the DLC tonight, that way it shows up at the proper times in the story's arc. This game is brilliant.

The first one I definitely recognised was Gloria Bishop - the girl from Bones. I've just received the game and started playing it. I said to my wife "Hey! That looks just like..." and she finished my sentence. Spooky. The face stuff is just amazing.

The first one I definitely recognised was Gloria Bishop - the girl from Bones. I've just received the game and started playing it. I said to my wife "Hey! That looks just like..." and she finished my sentence. Spooky. The face stuff is just amazing.

Glad you got the game so fast, took about a week after I sent it which is fairly fast for such a long journey.