L.A. Noire

Gene Kiniski

I'd suggest turning off the sound cues for your first play, to make it more based on your own ability, but that's a personal preference you may not enjoy. I'd suggest playing a couple of chapters with it on and see how it fits.

As for actual helpful stuff, just take your time. Make sure you don't dive into interrogation responses without considering your evidence and previous statements, and always leave a few seconds to check for natural give aways (shifty eyes, sweating, the usual stuff).

• Like 1

Most of the time it is quite simple; if they look at you directly and speak calmly, they are telling the truth, if they stumble, get erratic and look away, they are lying. Use your best judgement as to whether you should choose to doubt or to call them out on the lie.

• Like 1

Most of the time it is quite simple; if they look at you directly and speak calmly, they are telling the truth, if they stumble, get erratic and look away, they are lying. Use your best judgement as to whether you should choose to doubt or to call them out on the lie.

Except for one person. I kept looking at them and going "oh that is obviously a lie," but the fuckers facial expression/mannerisms fucked me into choosing wrong <_<

Just like to note how awesome it is recognising real-life actors by their face and not their voice in a game.

Severe mark-out moment when first seeing Dr. Arzt from Lost!

I did the same when Carl from HIMYM was a bartender in this as well!

• Like 1

The PS3 store now has the DLC. The RockStar Pass is priced at 8,99€

The trafic case is 687MB

Naked City is 1272 MB

Collecting the badges is 200kb

The suit is 245kb

The piano (mashine gun?) is 100kb

The second suite is 314kb

The store still is a pain, but the download itself is quiet speedy, i higly recomd grabbin these before the wellcome back deal murders the servers...

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

If you don't think they're telling the truth, but you don't have the evidence that proves the lie (listen CAREFULLY to the response because you often times end up getting asked to prove something you didn't think you would based on the question) then, surprise surprise, the answer is DOUBT.

At the time I thought I had evidence to prove he was lying, but I think he was actually telling the truth. I think it was the first actual mission in the game, after the tutorial stuff, but I cant be sure.

Holy shit is the last case of Homocite terrible.

I disagree entirely. I found it to be one of the best cases in the game.

Seriusly?

The Carmen Santiago play was nice in the beginning, but got realy dull after a cupple.... and the hunt under the church just was anoying, the camera go screwed up so bad i ended up being shot before i even knew were he was (esp. wen it was about getting up the ladder in the end)... i also absulutly hate that the criminal prittymuch gave himself up. No new clues to follow, no hot lead, no big interigation battle... just, lulz scavenger hunt, w00ps you found me let´s kill each other. k thx bye.

It´s just realy lame... while i liked playing the cases i also have to say that it felt shit that you prittymuch knew starting with the second case that you are suposed to put the wrong person in jail, and than it happend... 3 more times (?)... you could have easyle build this up better... put in one or two unrelated cases inbetwen... shit all of the suddon a new BD murder, twist the case in a way that it feels like you got the right one this time and so on, maybe one instead of a million copy cat solutions only do that once inbetwen (maybe even with a real copycat, causing you to let go the real killer you already had?) ect. You know what i am getting at.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Just 5 starred my first case, The White Shoe Slayer! :w00t:

I would've doe the same for The Golden Butterly because I found every clue, got every question right and charged the right guy. Still only got 4 Stars because I drive like a maniac. :(

I remember seeing one of the doctors from Scrubs and was like I KNOW YOU!!!!!!!!!! Also Matt from Heroes was a good one as well haha.

Just downloaded the Rockstar pass then gonna give them a go. I need to do the side cases and that and newspapers but I'll probably run through the game try and get 5 star on everything and then start again and just be a bastard of a copper this time just for a lol

Which case was that? I must have missed that one.

He's in The Drivers Seat. Outside

Cavanagh's Bar.

before you enter.

Homocide Spoilers

I really thought the murders were going to be coming from someone inside the LAPD so it kept my interest the whole time as I arrested obviously innocent people and got false confessions. I thought it could have been Galloway or anyone close to the case. Having access to all the criminal records of the people they framed would have been a great twist too. I was a bit disappointed at the end, but what really disappointed me was only getting 4 stars because I put a little bit of damage on my car doing a street case.

How low do your damages have to be to get 5-star?

Just beat the game.

I liked the ending, but I hate how much they made you play as Kelso in the end. It was Coles story and it really took it out of me having to play as someone else throughout the last like, three missions. I did like the final moments though.

"You were never his friend, Jack."

"Hershel... I was never his enemy."

"I think he knew that Jack."

Going to use a guide to 100% it, because for the first time in a while I feel like it won't be too much effort and that I should put in that extra bit of work seeing as how good the game was. I really wish all games had some kind of measurement for trophies being done. It's a real pain in the ass that I'm going to have to figure out which guns I didn't kill someone with and so on.