EWR 2010 Stats Update: March

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Oh , and I almost forgot , Jeff is signed with TNA , he just needs to end the process that he'll be back in the squared circle.

It was something Hulk Hogan said and he isn't the most credible source for any type of news. I mean isn't he the one that claimed Andre was 600 pounds when he slammed him?

I'd wait until TNA makes a press release about signing Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam.

As for Duggan, I think he may be under a legend's deal or something.

• Like 2

anyone know where i can get a full pic pack that covers all the guys in this? This is my first download of this update as my copy of TEW05 doesn't work on my netbook, so i've returned to the old faithful EWR.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Great work as always Bill. Having said that, I have a Couple of Thoughts...

To me, Shawn Michaels has always been a Tweener. He has always done heelish things. But... however, The Fans love him no matter what he does. And to me, it isnt about how he acts, it is how the fans always respond to him. Thats just how i feel about that. Thats why Edge should never be better then Tweener, as the fans will always, atleast in a way, hate him.

Randy Orton should be Tweener now, if he isnt already, i sry, i didnt look. I have always thought of him as a Tweener, especially when it came to his John Cena feuds, and even more so now that Legacy is broken up...

Jeff Hardy should be under TNA contract. He is in the Opening video for Impact, so if he does not work for the company, then they are illegally using his image to promote the show, and he could sue them. SO... Ergo, he is under contract, probaly Open Contract with TNA Wrestling...

From all the reports I heard, it is on a rumor of RVD signing with TNA. So do not add him till it is 100% Official...

MitB Championship should be added. I never thought of it before, but it is a good idea...

ECW title should be removed all together. No use in someone defending the title now that the show is over. On the final episode of ECW, Christain said he was gonna defend the title and become the FINAL ECW Champion. So, even though he lost, that means Jackson is the final ECW Champion...

Maybe add the NXT Champion? Like it goes to the Person who wins the first season of NXT? Just a thought. Or you could rename the ECW Title to the NXT Title, but have it Vacant to start off. That way when we are playing if we play as WWE, we can name the winner of NXT ourselfs...

Edited by phillip2272

Add Masaaki Mochizuki to FIP and make them FIP Champ

12.7.09 - On 12.6.09 Masaaki Mochizuki defeated Davey Richards to become the FIP World Heavyweight Champion in Sapporo, Japan at a Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling event.

http://www.fullimpactpro.com/index2.html

• Like 1

Add Masaaki Mochizuki to FIP and make them FIP Champ

12.7.09 - On 12.6.09 Masaaki Mochizuki defeated Davey Richards to become the FIP World Heavyweight Champion in Sapporo, Japan at a Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling event.

http://www.fullimpac...com/index2.html

Davey Richards then regained the title at a DGUSA event, but I think the FIP site was waiting for the PPV to air before posting that, and since it aired last night perhaps it will soon be updated.

• Like 1

On Bryan Danielson's Daniel Bryan's charisma: He does well enough in promos, but isn't 80 a little high? For comparison's sake, here are some other charisma levels:

Hurricane Helms: 80 Anybody seen the stuff he did with The Rock? He held his own...against The freaking Rock! Has Bryan done anything on that level?

Maryse Ouellet: 78 She's one of the few Divas that's managed to develop a personality. She can get more pops with a flip of the hair than some other Divas can with monster pushes (Michelle McCool, I'm looking at you). Sure, she has the accent working against her, but she exudes charisma. More than Bryan does, at least.

Trish Stratus: 83 Speaking of Divas that got themselves over. Sure, it helped that she was competent in the ring, but she's the reason WWE gave two flying turds about woman's wrestling, even if it was for the briefest of moments. Should Bryan be only three points away from being as charismatic as Trish.

Scotty the Hotty: 80 God help the guy, but even with a series of lame gimmicks, a career as a JTTS, and the most absurd finisher in history, this guy managed to get the fans behind him. Then again, I'd probably mark out if Bryan busted out The Worm.

Chuck Taylor: 81 He's easily the least-known of these names, but anybody who's familiar with his work knows that the man is hilarious. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think it's an injustice that his charisma's so low. Bump him to an 86 at least. That would make him slightly higher than Santino, which sounds about right.

CM Punk: 90 Here's a guy that's been on a roll in the promo department. Since last summer, he's gotten enough heat to place him as arguably the top heel in WWE, despite not having much of a push since Undertaker came back. WWE creative does, however, have enough faith in Punk to let him cut promos in the middle of the Royal Rumble AND Elimination Chamber matches. If you look at charisma how you would one of the wrestling stats, within ten points is compatible. As solid as Bryan is on the mic, do you think he'd hold his own against Punk?

All this isn't to bag on Bryan. He's amazing on the ring, and he's good on the mic. I said "good," not "great." I mean, his current gimmick basically revolves around the idea that he lacks the magnetism to make it in WWE. 76 (his current level) puts him at the point where he can hold his own without dragging things down when he reaches a certain level, but means that he'll have to rely on his ring work to get himself over. And that's how I expect it to work with him in real life.

Just because he hasn't blown it now that he's on national television, doesn't mean we need to start artificially inflating his stats. I'm not saying that he won't reach 80s level either. He very well might get into the groove of things well enough to out-promo The Miz (charisma 86, in case you were wondering) But let's stick it out and see how he does.

Edited by GunsNMoses
  • Like 2

I think Michael Cole's talent should be raised to at least 73. He is easily doing the best announcing of his career. He was usually the boring nerd who just kissed up to faces and got bullied by colour commentators. Now he is the WWE corporate douchebag who hates the internet nerds and that backyard wrestling trash Daniel Bryan. BTW I dont think Daniel Bryan is backyard wrestling trash

• Like 1

Maryse Ouellet: 78 She's one of the few Divas that's managed to develop a personality. She can get more pops with a flip of the hair than some other Divas can with monster pushes (Michelle McCool, I'm looking at you). Sure, she has the accent working against her, but she exudes charisma. More than Bryan does, at least.

I don't think her accent works against her. She uses it to her advantage.

I don't think Daniel Bryan deserves an 80 on charisma either. And honestly, I think he is to blame for it. He's over to some extent with the fans. Most of his overness is because they are aware of his indy work. However, he has never been as good on the mic as Punk or Helms, in my opinion. And he does come across as being kinda bland on NXT but that's more or less of a work in progress.

• Like 1

On Bryan Danielson's Daniel Bryan's charisma: He does well enough in promos, but isn't 80 a little high? For comparison's sake, here are some other charisma levels:

Hurricane Helms: 80 Anybody seen the stuff he did with The Rock? He held his own...against The freaking Rock! Has Bryan done anything on that level?

Helms should have his charisma upped. 83-84 range.

Seems about good as is.

Trish Stratus: 83 Speaking of Divas that got themselves over. Sure, it helped that she was competent in the ring, but she's the reason WWE gave two flying turds about woman's wrestling, even if it was for the briefest of moments. Should Bryan be only three points away from being as charismatic as Trish.

Same.

Scotty the Hotty: 80 God help the guy, but even with a series of lame gimmicks, a career as a JOTS, and the most absurd finisher in history, this guy managed to get the fans behind him. Then again, I'd probably mark out if Bryan busted out The Worm.

Raise to 81-82 I think. He had great in-ring charisma but he never really cut any promos so I can't say if he was good on the mic, though.

Chuck Taylor: 81 He's easily the least-known of these names, but anybody who's familiar with his work knows that the man is hilarious. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think it's an injustice that his charisma's so low. Bump him to an 86 at least. That would make him slightly higher than Santino, which sounds about right.

Agreed, 86 at the least.

CM Punk: 90 Here's a guy that's been on a roll in the promo department. Since last summer, he's gotten enough heat to place him as arguably the top heel in WWE, despite not having much of a push since Undertaker came back. WWE creative does, however, have enough faith in Punk to let him cut promos in the middle of the Royal Rumble AND Elimination Chamber matches. If you look at charisma how you would one of the wrestling stats, within ten points is compatible. As solid as Bryan is on the mic, do you think he'd hold his own against Punk?

The thing about Danielson is that he nearly could hold his own against Punk. He has done some tremendous mic work, notably in ROH, which generated a chant that people still use. "You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in."

All this isn't to bag on Bryan. He's amazing on the ring, and he's good on the mic. I said "good," not "great." I mean, his current gimmick basically revolves around the idea that he lacks the magnetism to make it in WWE. 76 (his current level) puts him at the point where he can hold his own without dragging things down when he reaches a certain level, but means that he'll have to rely on his ring work to get himself over. And that's how I expect it to work with him in real life.

Just because he hasn't blown it now that he's on national television, doesn't mean we need to start artificially inflating his stats. I'm not saying that he won't reach 80s level either. He very well might get into the groove of things well enough to out-promo The Miz (charisma 86, in case you were wondering) But let's stick it out and see how he does.

So in conclusion, yeah, I think he deserves 80.

• Like 2

Skayde is a great wrestler and a veteran, no doubt, but I think his stats are way too high. 84 speed and 81 tech... I watched some of his recent matches, particularly in DGUSA, and I say lower his speed to 72 and his tech to 70. He was somewhat sloppy, and besides the armdrags and a few submission holds, he wasn't very outstanding. Definitely a legend, though, but past his prime, and shouldn't be ranked that high in relation to so many other, better wrestlers.

EDIT: For the record, he's listed as Jorge Rivera in the game right now.

Edited by Master Shakespeare
  • Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Domino's Cliff Hanger should be renamed to Domino Effect. Besides him just showing up in FCW, there is no proof that he is in under a WWE so perhaps remove him from being under a WWE deal for the time being.

http://rajah.com/base/node/18636

Can we double source this please? I read the website link and it lists both PWInsider and the Observer. I cannot find that the Observer said that Domino was resigned anywhere and PWInsider listed the actual match report.

Skayde is a great wrestler and a veteran, no doubt, but I think his stats are way too high. 84 speed and 81 tech... I watched some of his recent matches, particularly in DGUSA, and I say lower his speed to 72 and his tech to 70. He was somewhat sloppy, and besides the armdrags and a few submission holds, he wasn't very outstanding. Definitely a legend, though, but past his prime, and shouldn't be ranked that high in relation to so many other, better wrestlers.

EDIT: For the record, he's listed as Jorge Rivera in the game right now.

I'd swap Rivera's speed and tech. I think he is a better technical wrestler, rather than a speedster.

As for RVD coming to TNA let's goto newsday.com

AC: The one thing I’m sure you’ve been asked a lot about is TNA. Obviously, they’ve just re-launched their whole product. There’s been a lot of speculation and expectation that you’d be part of it and would maybe be the big mystery announcement at last week’s pay per view. Can you talk a bit about what your relationship has been with TNA. Have you talked with them and is it something that you’re interested in?

RVD: I think everybody knows that I was at the pay per view they did out here in Los Angeles. It was right after I got back from the American Wrestling Rampage tour that I was just talking about in Europe. And that started a lot of rumors – as if there wasn’t enough of them out there already. And they let me know that they were interested on their end. And at the time I was like, “Yeah, you know I’m really not looking to do this.” And it’s not just, you know, I wrestle overseas so why not wrestle for TNA? It’s also closing the door on WWE, which I have open. But I’m not ready to walk through that door either. And I’m not even thinking about going back to a fulltime crazy, non-ending schedule, like I couldn’t wait to get away from before.

Things are kind of changing now in the respect that it’s a little more exciting since Hogan and Bischoff took over TNA. People are talking about it – whether they’re putting it over or they’re critiquing it. Either way, they’re talking about it. They’re getting their highest ratings. I don’t think WWE is afraid of them. I thought maybe there might be a little competition and both groups might have to raise the stakes a little bit, which wouldn’t be bad for RVD. But it doesn’t look like WWE is even sweating them. And who knows what it would take to tip the scales and change that? Maybe it’ll keep progressing in that manner.

There’s some interest now. Before I was like, “I don’t see it. No thanks.” And now I’m getting a little wrapped up in all the hype. All day, whenever I leave my house, all day long fans are always like, “Rob, go to TNA!” Sometimes WWE. Sometimes they even say Ring of Honor. But they all want to see me go back. And I feel a little obligated to them. But the highest on my priority list is still time with my wife at home. If it’s possible to do both, then maybe things will work out.

I’m also very protective of sharing control of my image. That’s something a lot of people don’t consider. It’s not just wrestling. It’s letting somebody else control your image and put you in situations that you don’t want to be in or that you wouldn’t be in. And when you’re someone that’s really genuine like RVD, then that’s important. Because I’m not a character. And I think that’s really, hopefully one of the qualities that my fans admire about me. What you see is what you get. I’m the real deal. That’s why I can step into the ring after having many months off and not have any rust. I’m still working out, stretching. I’m a real life action hero.

I think Michael Cole's talent should be raised to at least 73. He is easily doing the best announcing of his career. He was usually the boring nerd who just kissed up to faces and got bullied by colour commentators. Now he is the WWE corporate douchebag who hates the internet nerds and that backyard wrestling trash Daniel Bryan.

I dunno about 73, but no way should his announcing talent be below Todd Grisham's.

Edited by JeffitudeVer2.1

I don´t know what´s the real hate on Cole as an announcer, I always liked him alot, sure he isn´t better than JR or the King, or as talented as Striker (wrestling knowledge-wise), he is a pretty good announcer and the fact that people lately hate him even more because of what he said about Bryan makes his newest heelish persona (if he can be called that way) even better. So he needs a raise in his talent stat.

• Like 2

I honestly disagree. Michael Cole has not turned heel, he's still being friendly to his co-worker and is supporting some of the face rookies, I simply believe he was being ignorant to Daniel Bryan's past because he knew very little if not, nothing about it. He has no proper knowledge of wrestling like Striker or Lawler and just makes himself look stupid when he comes away with ignorant comments. And tbh, he was better around 2000/2001. He's just gotten bland and I swear I almost scream when he says "Oh my!" :w00t:

Is it at 69 just now? If so, I'd say leave it...

• Like 2