2010 MLS

HailtotheYo

Reimond Manco and Richard Blanco linked with TFC (I'd be excited if Manco signed, great young player definately worth the shot).

Jan Gunnar Soli - Luke Rodgers officially in at NYRB.

Killian Brennan (Ireland) rumors floating around.

Aleksandar Jevtic - Darko Lazovic linked with Chicago.

Gudjohnsen rumors are back, this time to Philly.

It's expected that the Home (and season/MLS opener) for Portland will be Seattle. That would be the most rabid game in the league since Beckham/Angel in NY. Definately needs to be done, as that atmosphere is what the league needs to put out and have people see. Also rumored that Vancouver will get NY in its home opener. Either that, or Toronto. Either would be excellent.

It's tempting to go down to Portland just to antagonize the Portland fans and get to take part in supporting the Sounders on the road (because I was always blown away when I saw groups of Sounders fans following them along to their Champions League games in Central America, especially when they beat Metapan El Salvador to qualify). I'm looking forward to the feud greatly.

Oh, absolutely ... and with the added "bonus" of Vancouver, the PNW Triangle of death is going to be GREAT for the league.

Just read that the league is looking for 20m from FSC for the new TV deal. Yeah, 20m isn't a damned thing relative to European soccer tv numbers .... but uh, considering that the money right now is at 3m ... yeah. Good for MLS to drop the nutsack.

And the Findley gamble has already blown up in Portland's face ... he's apparently signed with Nottingham Forest (instead of Wolves, and according to McCarthy).

Story

That really blows for Portland.

Marvin Angulo Borbón (Costa Rica) is apparently attracting a few MLS club offers.

========

So yeah, the "home openers" are out.

Season kicks off LA @ Seattle (honestly, best match up for tv/ratings/etc most likely outside of a match with NY) and Vancouver will get Toronto in theirs (another great move).

But when PGE Park is ready and Portland officially opens at home ... with Chicago. When SKC opens their bad ass new stadium they get ... Chicago. WTF ? Stupid.

He's 4000 years old. It's about time he retired!

Interesting to see Killian Brennan linked with an MLS move. He seems a fairly good League of Ireland player. Certainly if FM tells me anything about him. :shifty:

Christ, the Anelka hype machine is at it again. His contract isn't up till '12. He isn't even thinking about it until then. Give it a rest.

Guy available on a free I wouldn't mind the league taking a shot on: Jeremie Aliadiere (he couldn't be any worse than the batch of guys brought in this year)

Dallas signed Ferreira thankfully !

Depending on my work situation I might be attending the MLS Superdraft, or at least the convention that goes with it.

Pics plzkthx :)

That's bad ass though.

The draft is free to attend which basically guarantees I'm going. I can't turn down cool things when they come to Baltimore after all.

Depending on my work situation I might be attending the MLS Superdraft, or at least the convention that goes with it.

Pics plzkthx :)

That's bad ass though.

The draft is free to attend which basically guarantees I'm going. I can't turn down cool things when they come to Baltimore after all.

I'll probably be down there too. Everyone needs to support Levi Houapeu.

Big for US Soccer

Youth names like this switching over to the US is a big deal for us. I know, not exactly MLS related but there'd only be 5-6 of us actually talking about USA Soccer while about 100 people take the piss, if I were to make a seperate thread (although they'd be justified for the most part).

Anyway, it is these kinds of things that show that American Soccer is not only catching on, but is seen as moving forward and being a very legit force in the future. Jermaine Jones deciding to play for the US (yeah, no shot at Germany but until recently guys like him looked at not playing NT Football as better than playing for the US), younger guys like Andy Najar seriously thinking about choosing the US over their other eligible country, Mexican eligible youths/younger players choosing to go with MLS/USMNT System, and now this kid from Germany ?

It's getting a bit exciting ... I'm glad I was in on the American Soccer Wagon long before the band got on.

Also:

20 MLS'rs to Bradley's January Camp

Great for the league

=======================

Speaking of Najar, DCU signed him to a multi-year deal (MLS doesn't disclose terms) ! Good news for the league and the USMNT (playing here just might tip him our way)

Chivas USA looks to add to their "how are you going to fuck something up this year" trend by bringing Juan Carlos Osorio back to the league as their coach. Granted, failing at the cesspool that was NYRB while he was there isn't exactly a fair take on the guy ..... and he did just win the Colombian Championship with Once Caldes ... but really ? He's shown he isn't a fit for this league. Move on, quit bringing in the same bullshit.

Apparently SuperLiga may not be on for 2011. Too bad, I actually liked it and thought it was good for the league. Now that the rosters are expanding and we're getting the youth/reserve squads on the right track, this competition would be great for playing time and experience. Hope they find a way to keep it around. Just, you know, quit being "NFL" about it. Include it in season ticket plans or reduce price.

Both Donovan and Beckham won't be going on loan ... that's big. Donovan by choice, Beckham because LA flat out said no. This will be great for the club/league as both will be rested and ready for all of LA's games this year (including 6 CCL group stage matches).

Philly could be in for Carlos Valdez (only 25 years old, former U-20 CB for Colombia ... if he's anything like Hurtado or Olave it'd be great)

Sidenote - there are PLENTY of quality players in Colombia and with the league being in financial drizzling shits right now they are available on "the cheap" ... MLS should take advantage

Houston have extended Geoff Cameron's contract through 2014. Good news. Also with Houston, the latest name on their DP shopping list (according to Glenn Davis) is David Suazo. Yes please.

Not sure if anyone visits the Bigsoccer.com boards, but on the SKC section Mr. Robb Heineman (the President and one of 5 owners of SKC) actually posts and gives updates to the fans. I think that is bad ass. most recent update

Mutu rumors are starting again.

Portland is looking at Hahnemann (I'd love him back over here).

Nottingham Forest have officially signed Findley (subject to work permit).

Necaxa is talking with Nery Castillo (LOL Chicago).

Francisco Fonseca (UANL Tigres) being linked to MLS now.

This isn't MLS, but it has a relations. What is going on with the NASL and USL situation? There's a strange situation going on underneath the top league over there.

HA ! Osario has told Chivas USA no thanks, and will be staying in Colombia (good choice). He's in the running for the Honduran national team (boooo I like them) and staying put would help those chances actually.

Rooney is going to be in the MLS SuperDraft after competing in the MLS Combine ... guess that tiff earlier in the year really got to him :pervert:

The Guillermo Franco rumors are heating up with about half the league "interested" ...