The First Avenger: Captain America

livid

I didn't know Black Widow would be in the film. And I was under the assumption they wouldn't add in too many characters that wouldn't have their own movie first. I'm a huge marvel fan and personally cannot wait for the Avengers film. It's going to have a lot to live up to, but as you've listed, it's going to have a fuck load of star power.

I wonder who the antagonist will be.

I haven't heard anything about Wasp or Hank Pym, but I've read that there's been talk of Bullseye being involved. Which would be quite cool, I actually really liked The Ultimates version of Bullseye. My biggest worry is that they'll probably have a lot of trouble juggling all the characters in a film like The Avengers.

You mean Hawkeye right? Because the rights to the Bullseye character belongs to Fox with the Daredevil franchise.

But they do plan on making a Hank Pym/Ant-Man movie but it's probably not going to be released until after The Avengers movie so I'm not entirely sure he would be involved or not.

Yeah, Hawkeye, my bad. (Though Colin Farrells Bullseye was awesome. As was Michael Clarke Duncans King Pin.)

I've heard about Ant Man, but last I heard it was going to be a comedy directed by Edgar Wright. So me thinks it won't be involved with The Avengers even if there was a second one.

Yeah is there any way, Marvel could use Spiderman or the X Men or any of those guys in future movies, I think that's the problem at the moment, I'd like to see what Marvel would do with Spiderman and the Fantastic Four, Like surely with disney's money Marvel could try and bid for thwe rights of these characters, epsecially Punisher and Ghost Rider considering the shit they made out of those movies

There is no way because the studios that have the rights to those franchises are already making their own movies with them. Sony's rebooting the Spiderman franchise and Fox is rebooting the Fantastic Four to go along with their upcoming X-Men projects. Columbia is also going forward with a Ghost Rider sequel. It would be stupid for those studios to sell off the rights to movies they already plan on making.

I mean even Fox and the studios let Marvel in on the there movies maybe they could co priduce a cross over in the future i'm sure it could be done in a way that both would get something out of it. Basicly i'd love to see a Secret Wars, Civil War or Secret Invasion story brought to the big screen in the future

Probably nothing that informative or anything, but an article I found on the whole Chris Evans-Captain America thing, http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/03/23/chris-evans-marvel-comics-captain-america/?ncid=webmaildl8

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Johnston did an interview where he said the following....

Chris didn't audition at all. I was already familiar with everything he'd done and was championing his cause, not that I had a fight from the Marvel team. They were fans of his as well. He came in to the art department to say hi, saw all the jaw-dropping art and designs on the wall and reacted the way I'd hoped he would.

Just found that interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been almost two months since Hugo Weaving was announced as the top contender to play villain Johann Schmidt – better known as the Red Skull - in Captain America, but Marvel has now officially announced that he’s joining the cast.

Schmidt in the comics had varying backgrounds, but in The First Avenger, he’ll be a Nazi officer personally groomed by Hitler himself for terror and intimidation. After wreaking havoc through Europe, he’s eventually matched up against Steve Rogers.

Weaving is the latest addition to a cast that includes Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell and Sebastian Stan. Joe Johnston will start shooting next month here in the UK for a July 2011 release date.

We’re assuming the contract negotiations took a while, including agreeing to give Weaving the freedom to kick in the goolies anyone he spots doing an Agent Smith impersonation within earshot.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our Red Skull.

It’s been almost two months since Hugo Weaving was announced as the top contender to play villain Johann Schmidt – better known as the Red Skull - in Captain America, but Marvel has now officially announced that he’s joining the cast.

Schmidt in the comics had varying backgrounds, but in The First Avenger, he’ll be a Nazi officer personally groomed by Hitler himself for terror and intimidation. After wreaking havoc through Europe, he’s eventually matched up against Steve Rogers.

Weaving is the latest addition to a cast that includes Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell and Sebastian Stan. Joe Johnston will start shooting next month here in the UK for a July 2011 release date.

We’re assuming the contract negotiations took a while, including agreeing to give Weaving the freedom to kick in the goolies anyone he spots doing an Agent Smith impersonation within earshot.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our Red Skull.

This will be awesome.... Weaving is an excellent villain.

Seriously loving the casting of all these recent Marvel films (Hulk, Iron Man, Iron 2 as well as Cap & Thor upto now).

• 2 months later...

Been awhile since this topic was posted in, but Yahoo had a story about CAptain America's look for the movie, including a picture of his outfit

http://l.yimg.com/k/omg/us/img/b6/cd/9490_2366551002.jpg

I like it..it has a WWII soldier feel to it imo

Edited by Lint6

• 3 months later...

Apparently Entertainment Weekly has a story on the movie, and they have some pics of Evans as Steve Rogers, some HYDRA soldiers and Hugo Weaving as Johann Schmidt, but not as Red Skull. Here's the cover:

EW-1127-COVER-CAPTAIN-AMERICA_300.jpg

From what it's seen, the costume looks good, IMO. Could be a lot worse, like, for instance, I dunno...

Cap%2079.jpg

:shifty:

EDIT: Found some of the pics. Spoiler'd because of length issues.

captain-america-EW-triangleshield.jpg

captain-america-EW-redskull.jpg

captain-america-EW-1.jpg

captain-america-EW-hydrasub.jpg

captain-america-EW-atwellandevans.jpg

captain-america-EW-2.jpg

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Not too up on comic books but am i right in thinking the Red Skull is a very deformed Johan Scmidt after an accident or something like that?

Yeah, Red Skull and Johann Schmidt are one and the same. Since I'm not a big Cap fan, I'm not really sure how he got his "current face", though.

• 3 months later...