EWR 2010 Stats Update: April

Also, the Left Leg Roundhouse should definately be his main finisher. He's also won fights by kicks to the liver, so Liver Kick would be good as a secondary.

A question here. Is CJ Banks in this update? I couldn't find him under that name.

33lglqr.jpg

So... Can somebody answer my question?

Ive searched and cant find him....

Up Chikara's Production Values to 60%. There pod casts are really well set out and Smart Mark Video does a good job on there DVDs and up there PI to 91%

Up Ring Of Honor's Production Values to 65%

Up Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Production Values to 65%

Up Dragon Gate USA's Production Values to 65%

Make Boomberry and Perkins inactive as a team

Rename the team of 2.0 to 3.0

Edited by Skins

A pro wrestling brawl is not the same as an MMA striking exhibititon, I'd put Cro Cop's brawl-speed-tech closer to 70-10-35.

My stat is arguably a bit off, I compared Cro Cop to Tito Ortiz, who in the game has about a 74 for brawl. I think it's fair to say that Cro Cop's striking in MMA (which would translate to brawling) is much better than Tito Ortiz's who, and I could be wrong on this, hasn't actually done anything physical in pro wrestling beyond one punch to Jeff Jarrett.

No way should Mirko's overness be 80, either. I'd go with 55 max.

At UFC 103 Mirko was in the co main event and was arguably the most popular fighter on the card. It's buyrate was 375,000. Around the same time WWE bragging rights was on which received 169,000 buyrates and featured Punk, Taker, Orton, Cena etc. How is 55 overness justified?

MMA guys aren't as well know in the pro wrestling world. After all this is a pro wrestling game....

Up Helios's overness to 33

Up Lince Dorado's overness to 34

Up Pinkie Sanchez's overness to 34

Up Tim Donst's overness to 29

Up STIGMA's overness to 30

Up UltraMantis Black's overness to 32

Up Crossbones overness to 29

Edited by Skins

Also, the Left Leg Roundhouse should definately be his main finisher. He's also won fights by kicks to the liver, so Liver Kick would be good as a secondary.

Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery. Cough.

Yeah, I think the only MMA fighters who should have reasonably high overness (above 70) would be Brock Lesnar, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, and Kimbo Slice. You could make arguments for Rampage Jackson, Wanderlei Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, and Georges St.-Pierre, but I dunno.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'd put Cro Cop at about 60 overness, myself. Maybe mid-70s in his prime, but now only enough that he's not completely out of place in WWE.

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

How about this, no MMA guys that have not wrestled or guest refereed in EWR? It is a WRESTLING game, not MMA. If you want to have MMA guys bad enough, create an MMA data.

• Like 2

Add Alex Riley to the SmackDown! Roster.......

Put friendship between yoshi tatsu and kung fu naki...

Lower all of Michelle McCool's stats by 5.. saw her in the ring against eve.... the word terrible comes to mind. I know ppl will prob click minus because of that but she should not be in the same league as Stratus, Dumas, Phoenix, Kim, James, Kong, Love etc

• Like 1

How about this, no MMA guys that have not wrestled or guest refereed in EWR? It is a WRESTLING game, not MMA. If you want to have MMA guys bad enough, create an MMA data.

Pride FC being in the game as a touring commitment kind of implies Ryland at least wanted some representation of the MMA world as well...

I'm not saying let's add every mixed martial artist. Just saying, I think adding the most notable ones, and of course the ones who've actually been involved in wrestling, would probably be a wise move. Not like we're nearing the max number of people in the game or anything.

And the MMA culture in Japan, given that a lot of mixed martial artist have wrestled, and a lot of wrestlers have competed in MMA shootfights (albeit some were worked *cough*MinoruSuzuki*cough*), it kind of makes sense. It's slowly getting that way in the US as well. A lot of wrestlers cross-train in MMA... from Bryan Danielson and Samoa Joe to Tara and Kid Kash.

• Like 1

Lower all of Michelle McCool's stats by 5.. saw her in the ring against eve.... the word terrible comes to mind. I know ppl will prob click minus because of that but she should not be in the same league as Stratus, Dumas, Phoenix, Kim, James, Kong, Love etc

When has Alex Riley been on Smackdown TV?

And BTW, that divas match was horrible all around. I don't think you can base McCool off that one crappy divas tag match. Disagree with the drop. But thats just my opinion I suppose.

• Like 3

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I agree, she is ok in the ring but she is in the same territory as Lita was post knee injury when she was mostly a manager.

Pride FC being in the game as a touring commitment kind of implies Ryland at least wanted some representation of the MMA world as well...

I'm not saying let's add every mixed martial artist. Just saying, I think adding the most notable ones, and of course the ones who've actually been involved in wrestling, would probably be a wise move. Not like we're nearing the max number of people in the game or anything.

And the MMA culture in Japan, given that a lot of mixed martial artist have wrestled, and a lot of wrestlers have competed in MMA shootfights (albeit some were worked *cough*MinoruSuzuki*cough*), it kind of makes sense. It's slowly getting that way in the US as well. A lot of wrestlers cross-train in MMA... from Bryan Danielson and Samoa Joe to Tara and Kid Kash.

I kinda disagree because Bill has said he wanted to cap his updates at roughly 5000 workers and as of this update there was like 4944 after Kanyon's deletion due to his suicide. Granted there are talents with unknown pictures that are up for the chopping block BUT if you add the "upper tier" American MMA guys who have no ties to pro-wrestling, it opens the door to fill saying why isn't Ultimate Fighter Season 7 Guy A in the game when he will most likely do as much in wrestling as Jamie Koeppe. This will fill out the 5000 a lot quicker than having the talents alone. And yes I know the Koeppe comment will get me heat (yet again) but she only did like one photoshoot on WWE.com and like one tv segment about the Diva Search. Now does that actually mean she should be in the game while other guys aren't? I don't think it should.

Back to the MMA guys, at least there are guys like Josh Barrnett, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley, Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Tank Abbott, Don Frye, Ron Waterman, Slyvester Terkay, Minoru Suzuki, Bob Sapp, Jushin Liger, Dos Caras Jr. and Tom Howard to name a few, all done MMA fights but have had a substantial run as pro-wrestlers. As for the Japanese wrestler who have worked in MMA or Americans who cross-train, they are TYPICALLY wrestlers first and utilize the MMA style into their own wrestling style or were booked into MMA fights that they should not have been because they weren't good enough to take on the guys they faced. Look at Daniel Bryan, Davey Richards, Samoa Joe and Rocky Romero as prime examples of wrestlers who inserted MMA submissions and strikes into their already submission and strike based offense.

When has Alex Riley been on Smackdown TV?

And BTW, that divas match was horrible all around. I don't think you can base McCool off that one crappy divas tag match. Disagree with the drop. But thats just my opinion I suppose.

Alex Riley was RUMORED to be the guy who also supposedly was Joey Mercury that helped out CM Punk both at Extreme Rules on Sunday and then RAW last night. I'd wait until things are confirmed if he was or Mercury was.

That divas match did suck but Michelle McTaker isn't that good in the ring. She is passable but not worth being in the same stat range of Lita.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red
  • Like 1

I think McCool's current stats work. Everyone has a bad match every now and then, it shouldn't count a huge deal against her.

• Like 1

Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery. Cough.

I know about the quote, but his left leg roundhouse is practically as close to a pro wrestling finisher that you can get in MMA. It should be the primary, and not bunched in with the right leg either.

It'd be like having Ali in the game and calling his primary finisher "Float like a butterfly".

Willie Richardson's overness should be 22, Tech should be 35, Speed should be 15 and brawl should be 64

Acid Jaz's overness should be 22

Marshe Rocketts overness should be 22

C-Red's overness should be 22

Dymond's overness should be 20

Add Friendships between:

Dymond and Willie Richardson

Dymond and Acid Jaz

Dymond and Marshe Rockett

Dymond and C-Red

C-Red and Willie Richardson

C-Red and Acid Jaz

C-Red and Marshe Rockett

Edited by Skins

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Tursas brawl should be 74, speed should be 15 and tech should be 35

I don't think Tursas is THAT good. I'd put him at 58/12/28 for now.

Kota Ibushi's tech should be 73

Munenori Sawa's overness should be 35

I don't think Kota Ibushi should be any higher than 68 for tech.

Munenori Sawa is not 35 over, I'd put him at 30 tops.

Willie Richardson's overness should be 22, Tech should be 35, Speed should be 15 and brawl should be 64

Acid Jaz's overness should be 22

Marshe Rocketts overness should be 22

C-Red's overness should be 22

Dymond's overness should be 20

Add Friendships between:

Dymond and Willie Richardson

Dymond and Acid Jaz

Dymond and Marshe Rockett

Dymond and C-Red

C-Red and Willie Richardson

C-Red and Acid Jaz

C-Red and Marshe Rockett

I think Dymond's over should be 15, Marshe is fine at 22, Acid Jaz should be at 18 (hasn't wrestled in months) and everyone else would be good at 20.

Can we have a source on these friendships?