EWR 2010 Stats Update: April

Guest The Phenomenal Red

What about High Society for Southern Bell.

SmackDown Spoiler

With it being Friday Edge OFFICALLY turns heel on SmackDown tonight. Credit to spoilers

Remove Bubba the Love Sponge from TNA (THANK GOD)

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/137699/Bubba-The-Love-Sponge-Released-By-TNA.htm

TNA says goodbye...

- The following was just posted to TNA's Facebook:

Effective immediately, TNA Wrestling has elected to terminate the services of Todd Clem p/k/a Bubba the Love Sponge.

• Like 4

After last nights Smackdown, 79 seems much too low for Swaggers overness. The guy was getting major heat from the crowd during his promo. Maybe a bump to 85-86 is in order?

BTW, I am playing my game using the March update, so this may have already been addressed in the April one. If it has, apologies.

Also, I noticed MVP using a new finisher last night, referred to by the commentators as the '305'. Maybe put 305 in place of the Drive By, as I cant remember the last time he used that as a finisher, whereas he still uses the Playmaker.

Edited by SilentBob2004

- Michael Tarver of NXT is no longer allowed to use the Kill Shot (haymaker punch) as someone on creative brought up that this was Big Show's finisher. (credit: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter)

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1272656627.shtml

-Remove Kill Shot as Michael Tarver's finisher. It's the Knockout Punch that Big Show uses

Did he even get a chance to use it on NXT? What with his no win record.

From SmackDown

Turn Big Show face, he got a huge pop now that he's the #1 contender. And he knocked Swagger out.

Edit: I saw this article a month ago and realised no-one had really mentioned it but here goes

Vince McMahon's evil "Mr. McMahon" character is said to be finished, according to the latest Wrestlinggrey_loader.gif Observer Newsletter.

The character was spawned back in 1997 following the infamous Montreal Screwjob. McMahon's on-air character turned heel for the first time and it became the antagonist to the company's top star "Stone Cold" Steve Austingrey_loader.gif in arguably the best run in the history of the company.

With Bret Hart's return to WWE after 13 years, McMahon felt WrestleMania would be the perfect chance for Bret Hart to get his ultimate revenge and wipe out Mr. McMahon once and for all. The over-the-top beatdown he sustained at the hands (and feet) of the Hart family signified the end of the character.

McMahon is a firm believer in pushing younger acts and is not blind to the fact that he's in his 60's and the character more than ran its course.

Perhaps this would throw removing Mr. McMahon as a worker into consideration? Maybe change him to the owner of WWE. Furthermore. Where have Stephanie and Linda been in the past couple of years? Stephanie's last appearance was like... a month or so before Wrestlemania 25. Should they just be made staff members and remove from the main roster?

Edited by StarshipPain

Did he even get a chance to use it on NXT? What with his no win record.

From SmackDown

Turn Big Show face, he got a huge pop now that he's the #1 contender. And he knocked Swagger out.

Edit: I saw this article a month ago and realised no-one had really mentioned it but here goes

Vince McMahon's evil "Mr. McMahon" character is said to be finished, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The character was spawned back in 1997 following the infamous Montreal Screwjob. McMahon's on-air character turned heel for the first time and it became the antagonist to the company's top star "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in arguably the best run in the history of the company.

With Bret Hart's return to WWE after 13 years, McMahon felt WrestleMania would be the perfect chance for Bret Hart to get his ultimate revenge and wipe out Mr. McMahon once and for all. The over-the-top beatdown he sustained at the hands (and feet) of the Hart family signified the end of the character.

McMahon is a firm believer in pushing younger acts and is not blind to the fact that he's in his 60's and the character more than ran its course.

Perhaps this would throw removing Mr. McMahon as a worker into consideration? Maybe change him to the owner of WWE. Furthermore. Where have Stephanie and Linda been in the past couple of years? Stephanie's last appearance was like... a month or so before Wrestlemania 25. Should they just be made staff members and remove from the main roster?

I wouldn't take any of the McMahon's off the roster, other than Linda. Vince and Linda may never be used on screen again, but they always could. So I say keep them in there as non-wrestlers, tweeners with authority figure as their gimmick.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

If Linda McMahon was an on-screen character, then should Dixie Carter be? She has been on TV periodically and has done interviews with Borash.

Linda has been used more often than Dixie ever was. Dixie has only shown up a handful of times and I think only announced a match twice.

Not sure if these relationships are in the game so add them if not.

Dislike between Brian Kendrick & Shane McMahon.

Hatred(if not dislike) between Paul London & Shane McMahon.

Friendship between Gene Snitsky & Shane McMahon.

This comes from a PWInsider.com Elite interview from last August that was conducted between Mike Johnson & Paul London. Paul talked about being on a tour of Titan Towers with Kendrick & Snitsky. When they got to Shane's office he was buddy-buddy with Snitsky but shunned Londrick. London even asked Shane why the tag division was dead and Shane responded saying it was over in the days of Demolition and the Road Warriors but now they are nothing. London then finished saying that he thought both Shane and Vince fantasized getting dominated by a big man.

For London and Shane, this may constitute a hatred but I would understand if it is only a dislike.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Some random notes and changes I thought I'd suggest, provided it's not too late for them to be implemented

WWE:

MVP's debuted a new finisher last night, the 305 (Impact). Make that his primary.

Judging from both Extreme Rules and SmackDown last night, up Beth Phoenix's speed to 45 or so, she's been a lot more athletic lately. Also, why is her attitude and behavior so low? I've heard nothing but good things about Beth from fans who've met her, plus she does charity stuff like Make A Wish, and I've never heard of her causing trouble backstage. That should at least warrant a bump into the 80s, if not 90s.

Tiffany and Maryse could both use increases in behavior too. Maryse works pretty frequently with this children's hospital in Quebec, and Tiffany runs a volunteer shelter for neglected children in Florida. Both of those are pretty commendable and should warrant an increase into high 80s-low 90s. I mean, if Brian Kendrick still has 100 behavior despite getting fired for being a huge pothead...

Sheamus' primary finisher is now called Pale Justice.

Dolph Ziggler's primary finisher should be the Sleeper Hold, while his secondary should be the Zig Zag.

This may be somewhat controversial, but I'd say swap Orton's brawl and tech stats with Triple H. I truly believe Orton is one of the absolute best in the WWE at the moment, while Triple H's recent major matches (vs Sheamus) have been incredibly slow and plodding. Also, I'm pretty sure Orton is a full-on face now - as such, change his gimmick to Ice Man (or possibly Psycho).

Change Domino's name back to Cliff Compton.

Swap Heath Slater and Wade Barrett's charisma stats. Barrett's actually pretty decent on the mic, while Slater sounds like a total inbred.

Lower Michelle McCool's charisma to at least 60 - she's practically a charismatic void.

Make David Hart Smith's primary finisher the Sharpshooter, and make his secondary the Running Powerslam.

Raise Jack Swagger's over to at least mid-80s. He went over Orton clean at Extreme Rules and got a ton of heat during his promo on SmackDown.

TNA:

Raise D'Angelo Dinero's brawling, speed and tech by three points, and up his selling by 10.

Lower Bubba the Love Sponge's talent to 50 and his behavior at least into the 30s. Guy's a useless, racist piece of shit who deserved to be fired. Anybody who's petty enough to stalk and make threatening phone calls to a former employee of the company he works for shouldn't deserve a behavior in the 70s, and someone who can't even do the hand sign on the stable he was a part of doesn't deserve a 75 talent. Also, it's probably been said before but add a "hate" relationship between him and Awesome Kong.

Change Brian Kendrick's finishers to the Sliced Bread #2 (Corner).

Change Alex Shelley's primary finisher to the Sliced Bread #2, and make the Shellshock his secondary. Change his Friendship with Sabin to Loyalty, as they're best friends in real life. Change the Motor City Machine Guns finisher to "Made in Detroit."

Amazing Red's primary finisher should be the Red Star Press (Ground).

Dr. Stevie's primary finisher should be the General Anesthesia (Submission).

Homicide's primary finisher should the Gringo Killa. Change his secondary to the 187 (Impact), which is the real name for his Ace Crusher, not the Gringo Stunna.

Lower Rhino and Abyss's brawl down to 75.

Lower Ed Ferrera's talent down to at least the 60s, guy is even worse than Russo.

Orlando Jordan is 38. Change his gimmick to Freak. Make his primary finisher the Black Ice (Corner), and make his secondary the Blackout (Impact).

Make Desmond Wolfe's secondary finisher the Rebound Lariat.

Lower AJ Style's charisma to 73. He's really not that good on promos, as his recent Mini-Flair run has shown.

Misc:

Raise MsChif's brawl to 70, speed to 60, and tech to 73 - she's legitimately one of the best all-rounders I've seen in women's wrestling. Also, I'm not sure that she's quite so old - she doesn't have an official MySpace after all, and there doesn't seem to be any info on her age anywhere.

Raise Cheerleader Melissa's tech to 73-75.

That's about all I can think of for now.

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Some random notes and changes I thought I'd suggest, provided it's not too late for them to be implemented

WWE:

Judging from both Extreme Rules and SmackDown last night, up Beth Phoenix's speed to 45 or so, she's been a lot more athletic lately. Also, why is her attitude and behavior so low? I've heard nothing but good things about Beth from fans who've met her, plus she does charity stuff like Make A Wish, and I've never heard of her causing trouble backstage. That should at least warrant a bump into the 80s, if not 90s.

Tiffany and Maryse could both use increases in behavior too. Maryse works pretty frequently with this children's hospital in Quebec, and Tiffany runs a volunteer shelter for neglected children in Florida. Both of those are pretty commendable and should warrant an increase into high 80s-low 90s. I mean, if Brian Kendrick still has 100 behavior despite getting fired for being a huge pothead...

This may be somewhat controversial, but I'd say swap Orton's brawl and tech stats with Triple H. I truly believe Orton is one of the absolute best in the WWE at the moment, while Triple H's recent major matches (vs Sheamus) have been incredibly slow and plodding. Also, I'm pretty sure Orton is a full-on face now - as such, change his gimmick to Ice Man (or possibly Psycho).

Swap Heath Slater and Wade Barrett's charisma stats. Barrett's actually pretty decent on the mic, while Slater sounds like a total inbred.

Make David Hart Smith's primary finisher the Sharpshooter, and make his secondary the Running Powerslam.

Raise Jack Swagger's over to at least mid-80s. He went over Orton clean at Extreme Rules and got a ton of heat during his promo on SmackDown.

TNA:

Lower Bubba the Love Sponge's talent to 50 and his behavior at least into the 30s. Guy's a useless, racist piece of shit who deserved to be fired. Anybody who's petty enough to stalk and make threatening phone calls to a former employee of the company he works for shouldn't deserve a behavior in the 70s, and someone who can't even do the hand sign on the stable he was a part of doesn't deserve a 75 talent. Also, it's probably been said before but add a "hate" relationship between him and Awesome Kong.

Change Brian Kendrick's finishers to the Sliced Bread #2 (Corner).

Homicide's primary finisher should the Gringo Killa. Change his secondary to the 187 (Impact), which is the real name for his Ace Crusher, not the Gringo Stunna.

Lower Ed Ferrera's talent down to at least the 60s, guy is even worse than Russo.

Make Desmond Wolfe's secondary finisher the Rebound Lariat.

Lower AJ Style's charisma to 73. He's really not that good on promos, as his recent Mini-Flair run has shown.

I think that most of the talents should not be at anything more than 90 in attitude and behavior because just because people don't get into publized trouble, don't mean they are angels. Sure Mickie James did Make A Wish weeks in Disney World but she also supposedly had an attitude backstage and pissed off the boys with the getting sent to SmackDown deal. I think that anything more than the 90's is foolish.

As for Brian Kendrick, his behavior should be in the 70's for the pot use.

As for Orton being better than Triple H, I disagree. Orton was working with The Legacy and Swagger who wrestle differently than Triple H who has feuded with Sheamus of late. Sheamus does not allow to do the technical spots as easily as the smaller guys Orton has worked with.

DH Smith's finishers should be swapped from your suggestion making the Powerslam primary and the Sharpshooter secondary. Tyson uses the Sharpshooter as a primary so that should be his and his Springboard elbow should be his secondary.

AJ and Slater both have the physical charisma and not as much on the mic so I disagree with their drop. I think AJ is more uncomfortable in the Little Natiche role.

BTLS should have his attitude and behavior lowered but not into the 30's. He should be in the 50's at the most.

Ed Ferrera is not too bad, sure he did the Oklahoma bit but he is not horrible.

Homicide's Ace Crusher has been called the 187 and the Gringo Stunna/Cutter. The names are pretty much interchangable.

Wolfe doesn't really use the Jawbreaker/Rebound Lariat as a finish in TNA so I wouldn't add that.

This may be somewhat controversial, but I'd say swap Orton's brawl and tech stats with Triple H.

I agree with raising Orton'a brawl, but his technique is good as it stands right now. Giving him more points in tech would be overrating IMO. And I completely agree with MsChif suggestions, she is great to watch in the ring.

Lower Michelle McCool's charisma to at least 60 - she's practically a charismatic void.

While she's not the best on the mic, the game doen't just include speaking as charisma. charisma in the game includes actions, mannerisms etc...so while she might not be the best on the mic, she's able to get alot of heel heat through the way she acts. Her charisma is fine imo

BTLS should have his attitude and behavior lowered but not into the 30's. He should be in the 50's at the most.

You're kidding right? Did you hear all the stuff he said on the radio? Racism, insults, etc. I think anything below the 40's is the best for him.

• Like 2

You're kidding right? Did you hear all the stuff he said on the radio? Racism, insults, etc. I think anything below the 40's is the best for him.

I think that's a bit much.

Attitude: This is the wrestler’s in-ring attitude. Someone with a good attitude will put people over, lose when necessary, and generally try their best. People with low attitude will be hard to work with. Also, women with good attitudes may refuse to participate in degrading matches.

I think someone with 40 or below in attitude would probably refuse to put other people over and complain about other workers not holding their own in the ring. Given that Bubba doesn't work in the ring, it's probably hard to gauge how his attitude would be in the game, but I think maybe around 55 for attitude. He's complained about TNA's creative direction and also made comments even after joining the roster about how he wishes he never joined and of course in relation to the Awesome Kong situation, but I think while the guy is a douchebag (IMHO) he doesn't warrant a 40 or below in attitude, unlike someone like uh... I don't know, Ultimate Warrior or something.

Behaviour: This is the wrestler’s out-of-the-ring behaviour. This is how troublesome they are backstage, how likely they are to be involved in police incidents, and how likely they are to end up a raging alcoholic sitting outside their house with a shotgun muttering about how those darn kids have no respect.

He's certainly stirred up trouble backstage and is a dick, but to my knowledge he hasn't been arrested and didn't even fight back against Kong. I say make his behavior around a 60. I think anything lower than that would be really harsh.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Why should Bubba The Love Sponge be any lower than the 50's?

I admit the guy should be able to challenge John Edwards for the biggest douche in the universe but has he done anything worse than Jim Cornette who has 60, not really. I say 50's the lowest for attitude and behavior.

A lot of what he says on the radio is intentionally done to get a reaction either by people to get laughs or get pissed off at but either way they listen to his show. Take him away from the show bits, I would imagine he is not THAT bad.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red